Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)
How long is Vit C serum good for after opening?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello there!

Does anyone know how long Vit C serum is good for after its been open?

I think I opened mine about 3 months ago, closed the lid really tight and stored in a dark place.

Does it still have all its properties or should i get a new one?

Thankies!
Aga

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I think it depends on what one it is. My cellular rx seems to be fine forever. I think you can tell if it is ok by the smell and the colour. I know that there are many people more knowledgable on this subject than me and they are sure to answer your question.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I too have Cellular skin RX Smile
hopefully its still good Wink

Aga

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Aga and loopylori;

Is this serum good? (I would guess so since you use it, right....?) Laughing

What´s the texture like?

Very tempted to order this, I feel it´s about time I start include a C-serum in my daily routine. (turning 30 in two weeks... Rolling Eyes )

There are so many brands out there I have a hard time choosing one to try Smile

HTH;
Heléne

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I really like cellular RX vit C but I have not tried any of the others. I guess I was lucky It was my first C purchase and I liked it right away. I am on my second bottle and actually I need to re-order now.
It is a very runny, clear almost like thick water. A little goes a long way. However some people do not like what they call the slip factor. I leave mine 10- 15 mins to soak in and it is great value for the money.
Having said that I have vit C crystals on order and I am going to make my own following Carrie's recipe but I still going to order another bottle of cellular ( I think I might also order the JB CC as everbody seems to be raving about it. I am sooooo tempted. Brick wall

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed skinceuticals awhile back when I first started using vit C. They said they guaranteed the potency of their serum for a year after the serum was opened. Meaning that if you bought the serum 20, one year after you opened it, they guaranteed that it would be 20% vit C but after that they couldn't guarantee how quickly it would deteriate. I would imagine that the newer more stable formula would last even longer than that. It is also important to note that although color change does indicate oxidation it doesn't necessarily indicate significant loss of potancy.

Liz
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks for the info Liz! Very Happy

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Lotion (30 g / 1 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)