Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help - made a mess of a spot!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rhapsody
5% products discount

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Sorry to be so demanding on my first post, but I have just squeezed a spot on the side of my nose (I know, I know... but I am drawn to them and can't leave them alone Rolling Eyes ) and have made a mess of it. I have taken a layer of skin off it and it is all raw and weepy Brick wall ... my skin scars easily, so I should have left well alone. Does anyone have any ideas how I can heal it quickly?

Many thanks
xRx
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I would try some neosporin or polysporin on it overnite, clean the area really good before putting it on and then maybe apply a bandage...and don't pick! I know its hard not to, but I find if I just leave the little buggers alone they heal by themselves much faster!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
id stick a whole load of DDF's Sulfur Therapeutic Mask on it overnight. This always does the trick with me.

Hope that helps.

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely go with that neosporin - It will help heal it quickly.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tea Tree oil works well and will act as an antiseptic. Neem oil is good for open wounds and cuts.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all of you who responded.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the things suggested (apart from Tea Tree oil, but I have had a bad reaction to that in the past so am reluctant to use it again)... I will bear it in mind for future 'zits' though.

Thanks again - your help is much appreciated.

xRx
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I do this, more often than I like to admit. Rolling Eyes I do use tea tree oil, I find it disinfects and amazingly takes away the inflamation but if you can't use it I would use the Polysporin, this is what I used to use. It's pretty cheap, drug stores have it and it's good to have around for scratches, etc.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lolli.

Could someone tell me if I can get hold of polysporin or neosporin in the UK? Also is the recommendation to put it on an unpicked spot or to put it on when I have made a mess of one (as I have this time)?

I'm gonna go and have a look at the DDF mask that you mentioned Farouk.

Many thanks all.
xRx
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if it's called something else in the UK? I would ask the pharmacist what the UK equivalent is, he/she should know.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rhapsody,

Just so you know what to look for, Neosporin is an antibiotic ointment that I usually see in the First Aid section of drug stores. Although Neosporin seems to be the most popular brand name, I imagine that most stores will have generic versions of the same product as well.

HTH Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you to you both.

Everyone has been so helpful and friendly... I like it here Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Use the poly/neospirin ointment on the bump that you’ve already squeezed/scratched/messed with. In fact, if possible, put some of the ointment on the spot and put a bandaid over it and keep it on overnight. I’m not exactly sure how it works, but by keeping the bandaid over it somehow prevents it from getting a hard, scaly scab over the bump. I mean, it still scabs over, but it’s a “soft” scab, that can then be camouflaged with makeup (when you try applying makeup/concealor to one of those scaly scabs, the scaly part tends to “grab” too much of the makeup, which in turn makes the boo-boo look even more obvious then if you hadn’t tried to hide it at all).

When I was younger, I also loved to go zit-popping, so you aren’t alone in your compulsion. I realize this is really twisted and depraved, but I got this weird thrill when they would pop with such force that they’d splatter all over the mirror.... I know, I know – that was way TMI!!

Anyway, if I might make a suggestion: invest in some Yonka Juvenil or Emulsion Pure (I recently discovered they can both be used to stop a zit in it’s tracks! Click here to find out more:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=52504#52504) to combat the pimples before they can become too tempting to squeeze. They both actually help deal with the carnage and aftermath if you just can’t resist the temptation to pop that sucker!

As for where you can buy poly- or neosporin ointment. It’s going to be in the first-aid section of your pharmacy/drugstore/chemist (whatever you guys call it over there!). I don’t know if that’s the actual name-brand that is available over there, but if you can’t find anything, just ask your chemist to point you in the direction of an “antibacterial ointment used to treat cuts and scrapes” and s/he should be able to tell what to buy. Either that, or you can post the website address of an online pharmacy where you live (i.e.:www.boots.com ???), and I’ll search for the exact name of the stuff you need to buy....

5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Carekate - you are a star Thank you so much.

I was looking at the Yonka stuff and am just building myself up to order it (or trying to convince my husband I need it Very Happy ). Would I be best getting just one of them or both? If I should just get one, which would be best?

xRx
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Personally, I’ve found that they both work equally well when using them as a sort of spot treatment, even though the Emulsion Pure is technically supposed to be used as a poultice/compress that you remove after 15 minutes, rather then a leave-on spot treatment.

At this point, I’m really preferring the Emulsion Pure over the Juvenil, but that’s probably just because I was able to figure out the recipe and easily (and cheaply!) obtain all of the ingredients to make a homemade version so I don’t have to cough up $50USD for a bottle of the real thing (recipe is posted around pg 5 or 6 of the “~~~ DIY Skincare Recipes ~~~” thread, if you’re interested). I think more members here on the forum have actually used Juvenil then EP so they would probably tell you to go with it, but I think they both perform admirably. Maybe the only deciding factor is the scent: Juvenil has a very funky/distinctive herbal smell, not really bad, but very noticable, while I think the Emulsion Pure as a really cool herbal scent.

FYI, the way I’ve been using Emulsion Pure is similar to the instructions I gave you for the poly-/neosporin ointment: I put a couple drops of EP on the gauze pad-thingy on a bandaid, then slap the bandaid over the zit and leave it on overnight. When I wake up: presto – the pimple is all but a memory!! It even removes the redness and swelling so you can’t even tell that the day before it was a monster zit, even if you’re not wearing makeup to hide it. If it’s a particularly evil and heinous bump, you might want to repeat the EP-bandaid trick the next night, just to completely kill it out.

Another reason why you might perform Juvenil to Emulsion Pure is the amount of product. If you’re actually using genuine EP, then it comes in a very small bottle for $50 and if you use it strictly according to the product instructions, you have to use a fair amount to saturate the gauze compress for each application (although this is a moot point if you make your own EP because you can make a huge bottle of it for mere pennies on the dollar!), so a bottle of Juvenil will probably give you more “bang for your buck.”

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
While tea tree and Polysporin heal a scab or scratch I find it doesn't do much for a pimple in progress. I've tried benzoyal peroxide which irritates my skin and beta hydroxy acid, which I find isn't doing much for a pimple under the skin. I think I will have to finally break down and spend $50 on some Juvenile. Ugh, ugh, ugh, I'm off to search eBay first. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Lolli - Thanks again.

Carekate - you really are a mine of information and you have been really helpful. I think I will get some of the EP to try and if I find it does the trick I will try making some of my own from your recipe. I admire you very much for your 'scientist' abilities... I can barely cook a cake by following a detailed recipe (hence I am reluctant to try making the EP straight off).

I don't get that many spots, but when I do I tend to pick them because I haven't yet found anything which successfully eliminates them. Hopefully this will be the wonder product I have been searching for Very Happy

xRx
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |