Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ACV in every country or not? Whats it for
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Where can I order/buy acv, and what does it for you? I read it is very good, but there is to much info, so I cant keep up. So please explain to my in a easy way whats it for?
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pipilover, I assume you are speaking of Apple Cider Vinegar?
Many of us use it as a toner. It works very well on blackheads and smoothes the skin. On the top of the page is a sticky with DIY skincare recipes. The second listing is: Recipe for CareKate’s homemade ACV Super Toner.
Many people also believe drinking a spoonful of ACV is very good for you overall health. You can "google" ACV to learn more.
HTH, joani

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I recently updated my AVC Recipe toner post under the DIY Skincare Recipes sticky-thread to outline exactly what ACV toner can do for your skin:
carekate wrote:
Here are some of the benefits of ACV toner:

• helps even out skin tone
• smoothes out your skin's texture
• helps minimizes the size and appearance of pores
• dries up and reduces redness from breakouts almost over night
• helps regulate oil production
• impart's to your skin "a radiant glow."

In American grocery stores, you can find ACV in the salad dressing/condiment (mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise) aisle. I’m afraid I couldn’t tell you which aisle to find it in for the UK/Europe/Down Under – sorry! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I bought mine from Asda for about 80p
This is the best thing I have used on my skin.
A whole bootle will last over a year.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I bought mine from Asda for about 80p
This is the best thing I have used on my skin.
A whole bootle will last over a year.

Hi Rosebud,

Do you use the ACV mixed with all the other things on the recipe?

Thanks,
xRx
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Ok guys, thanx for the posts. I think that I am gonna look for more information at google. Maybe that we have it on a health food store, I will ask it if they have. Smile.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:34 am      Reply with quote
O an lets say that we have it here too. Can you use the acv just like that, or do you have to mix it first. Or is it up to yourself if you will mix it? Confused Laughing.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:35 am      Reply with quote
And o yeah forgot, is it for all skintypes? Alot questions huh hmm!!!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
From the DIY thread...

"Recipe for CareKate’s homemade ACV Super Toner:

What you’ll need:

• Apple Cider Vinegar • Clean, empty 8 ounce glass or plastic bottle
• Green Tea • Distilled water (tap water is okay, but distilled is better!)
• Vit-C (lysorbic acid) powder or crystals
• Ylang Ylang essential oil (or any other essential oil of your choice)

What you do:

• Fill bottle 1/3 full of ACV (my increase or decrease amount of vinegar to suit your own skin type, add more for oilier skin and less for dry skin.

• Heat 2/3 cup of distilled water and bring to boil, then add 3-4 green tea bags (you want to make the tea solution REALLY strong!!) and let it steep for 30 minutes or longer, then remove teabags. Once the green tea has cooled completely, pour into bottle with ACV (do not fill bottle completely full because you'll need room to add the Ylang Ylang and Vit-C).

• Add 25 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil to bottle (if your skin-type is not oily, simply add less Y-Y oil or leave it out altogether).

• Measure out one level teaspoon of Vit-C crystals and add to bottle with ACV and green tea. Shake bottle vigorously to dissolve crystals (if they do not dissolve right away, simply put lid on bottle and let sit for an hour to allow Vit-C crystals to solubilize in the solution. Once the Vit-C crystals have completely dissolved, your toner is ready for use. Shake well before using. The above 'recipe' should yield enough toner for a one-month supply.

Twice daily, after cleansing face as normal, put some toner on a cotton pad and gently swipe over your face and neck (if you prefer, you can use a spray bottle and spray the toner directly onto your face). Followup with your regular serums and/or moisturizer.

I'm using simple, "grocery-store" ACV (look in the condiment/salad dressing aisle) which costs less than $1.00USD for 16 ounces, but you can buy more 'exotic' apple cider vinegars from health food stores.

Likewise, I bought my green tea at the supermarket (make sure you get one that is 100% green tea with no additional ingredients/flavors added), a box of 20 tea bags for around $3.00USD. Distilled water is available at the supermarket in the bottled water aisle for around 75¢ per gallon. Ylang Ylang essential oil is available at health food stores (I got mine at Whole Foods for about $7.99 for an 8- ounce bottle).

Hint: If you're hoping to find it cheaper on Ebay or something, make sure that the Y-Y oil is stored in an amber or dark-blue glass bottle, because essential oils can be degraded by direct sunlight like from a clear glass bottle. I got my Vit-C crystals at Whole Foods for around $9.99USD for a big bottle (enough to yield *dozens* of batches of ACV super toner or homemade Vit-C serum!), but you can also order it online.

FYI: You can customize the above recipe to fit your skin’s specific needs simply by adding a couple of drops of the essential oils that are recommended for your skin type. Click on this link for a guide to essential oils and their use/benefits in skincare: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5922&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Here are some of the benefits of ACV toner:

• helps even out skin tone
• smoothes out your skin's texture
• helps minimizes the size and appearance of pores
• dries up and reduces redness from breakouts almost over night
• helps regulate oil production
• impart's to your skin "a radiant glow."

~~~ UPDATED 10.June.05 to add the following: ~~~

I apologize if I didn’t make it clear in my ACV toner recipe post that each person can customize the recipe to fit the needs of their own particular skin-type by using the essential oils of their choice. Ylang Ylang oil can be substituted for any other essential oil that you wish, or you don’t have to put any Y-Y oil in your toner at all. I chose to include Ylang Ylang oil and Lemon oil because A) I’ve got seriously oily skin, and B) They smell fantastic and help “cancel” out the (distinctive) smell of the vinegar itself. If you don’t know which essential oils are good for your skin type or skin challenges/problems, consult this link where I posted a brief outline of many of the most frequently used essential oils: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5922&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The same goes for Vit-C crystals or green tea. They are not absolutely necessary to include in your toner. You can make a very basic ACV toner just using apple cider vinegar and water in the ratio that works for your skin (i.e.: drier skins would use more water and less ACV, oilier skins would use more ACV and less water, if your skin is normal, you might try half and half). You’re not going to get the ratio exactly right the first time you make it. You’ll have to pour out a smidge of vinegar and add more water, or vice versa, until you get it just right for your particular skin.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion...."

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
pipilover wrote:
O an lets say that we have it here too. Can you use the acv just like that, or do you have to mix it first. Or is it up to yourself if you will mix it? Confused Laughing.
You don't want to use 100% ACV on your face because it'll be too drying, even for greaseball's like me! You definitely need to dilute it with water, but all the other ingredients are optional.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Ok, Carekate thanks. I think I will mix it with jojoba oil, because that does not clogs the pores ( atleast I think). Laughing. But if you use it with water, should you use a few drops of the acv and then mix it in water? It is to clean your face, right?
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
pipilover

The apple cider vinegar toner is for use after you wash your face. It is not meant to be used in place of a cleanser.
You can purchase apple cider vinegar in any food store, it does not have to be purchased from a health food store, just make sure it is 100% apple cider vinegar and not "flavored" with apple cider. The bottle should say 100% apple cider vinegar.
As carekate's recipe states, you should mix it with either water or green tea, the proportion would depend on how oily your skin is (I'm pretty oily, so I use half green tea to half vinegar). You can then add a few drops of your fave oil, which also helps with the "salad" scent!
I use tea tree, but others use Ylang Ylang, etc.
Or you can just mix the apple cider vinegar in one of those travel bottles with water and that's it. Very easy.
After you wash your face, shake the bottle of the toner you have made, put some on a cotton pad or cotton ball and wipe your face with it. Wait for it to dry and then use your other products if you use any other products.
I hope this explains the process.
joani

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi joani.sp. This is a very good explatation. Hee I have heard about the acv that it can cleans your scalp of the head too, from build ups etc.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |