Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
? about Jane Iredale foundations...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I would like to try the loose powder foundation, what is this product like and how is it for sensitive skins? I absolutely hate liquid foundations and thought this looked interesting!
I would also like to know how to tell what shade I am, whats the difference between cool, warm and neutral? I have light brown hair, and green eyes and tan easily...how is the mineral makeup for hiding inperfections like small scars and blood vessels...any input would be greatly appreciated! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
hi!!! you can get to skin-etc and order some samples Its only a few dollars this way you can see which one suits you...... Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
maybe there's a spa in your area that sells or uses it where you can test.

Here's the list for ontario
http://iredale.know-where.com/iredale/CAtab.html#Ontario

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls...Lianne thanks for the list of spas, the Ontario ones are over 2000 km away, won't be going there anytime soon Laughing This is a BIG province!!
The closest one to me is in Winnipeg, Manitoba about 2 hours away...next time I go to the city I'll check out the minerals there to see if I like them before I buy any, thanks so much!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
moosette - I have sensitive skin too and I love the JI pressed base. I haven't had any irritation whatsoever, I'm never going back to regular make up! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
moosette,

I wasn't sure where you were so I just did the ontario thing!

because you have green eyes & tan easily I'd say you're either a neutral or warm..

what brand and colour of foundation to you wear now?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lianne, I sometimes use clinique's gentle light makeup (only when I'm going out on the town, which is not very often Sad ) I have this in 03 bare light. I guess you could say I'm a warm or neutral, I'm never really pale even in the wintertime..hope that helps you some!

Princesita, so glad you can use the pressed for sensitive skin, I'm hoping to order this too, what colour do you use...I'm trying to fiqure out mine, I want to order, but don't want to order the wrong one. I'm thinking something light to medium so I can wear in winter and summer, or do you have two, one for
each season?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
my suggestion would be to try bisque (neutral) or warm silk (warm)... I'm just going with my thought that you're neutral or warm and that the clinique one you wear is listed under very fair.

Like above I recommend skin-etc.com for samples. They will ship to canada and will mark it gift so you don't get charged for any duties (not that you would for such a small $ amount)

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
moosette wrote:
Lianne, I sometimes use clinique's gentle light makeup (only when I'm going out on the town, which is not very often Sad ) I have this in 03 bare light. I guess you could say I'm a warm or neutral, I'm never really pale even in the wintertime..hope that helps you some!

When I tried the Clinique gentle light a few years back I was matched to Candle Glow. I don't know if that gives you a good basis for comparison but I find that Warm Silk (pressed) works well for me. I have a feeling that Bisque might be even better but I am happy with Warm Silk. Just be aware that the pressed shades in the JI run a bit lighter than the loose JI shades.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm very happy to see this topic! I've been doing a lot of reading about JI, and the rave comments and reviews have me curious and interested in buying! I do have a couple of q's for those who are familiar with this line. My skin tends to be on the dry side. I use lots of moisturizer, and have been using/trying different cream foundations....used lightly just to even out my skin tone a bit, and provide a glowy, dewy finish. Is it possible to get that type of result with mineral makeup?

Also, my skin is a challenge to match. I'm an NC25 to NC30....more neutral than anything. Yellowish foundations and concealers look like a mask on me. My skin is a bit pinker these days, due to the retinol cream I'm using at night.

Any information, suggestions, feedback is welcome! I've really enjoyed reading up on everything on this site! Very informative, and fun!
Mabsy

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Debra - I know that Bonnie uses Warm Sienna in the JI pressed foundation (which is lighter than the loose shades).

I'm an NW20 and I wear Warm Silk although I have a feeling that Bisque might be better for me....

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |