Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Going all natural, who are too?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys. I want to use stuff that are natural. From shampoo to creams, but how do you know which ingredient is natural. I mean we have a list here where I can see the natural en non-natural ingredients, but how do you know if it is real? Because I think that I saw two ingredients at the natural list, which I thought they were non-natural, so can you check it, or something to make sure if it is really natural, and will do no harm ( exept if you are allergic ofcourse). Buy guys Confused.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Though im not an expert on this subject...I would say natural are things that lack preservatives and probably have less complicating names on the ingredients list...i.e. olive oil. Just don't take a product that says "All natural" or "Natural" for its word...no matter what a product says, you should always look at the ingredients...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes purpleturtle, you are right. I have noted this, that if a product say natural and when I looked at the list it was mostly chemical, but why are they saying that it is all natural even though it is not true? I think that they maybey do not know that some people look at the list and know which product is what, so they are fooling us (the people wo dont know), but is it legally to mention this on your products, that it is natural, whyle it is not?
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
pipilover,

i think most companies are guilty of doing things like that...if it isnt the "All natural" hype, its the "for sensitive skin" type stuff too..which most of the time i find false. I didn't find all of these things out until i became a bit obsessed. But i dont think that something is necessarily better if its all natural..I would think without some kind of chemical to keep it from spoiling would be a must...I would like to look more into natural products

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Some stores: the bodyshop,weleda,wala,ives rocher(I think), i think they have it in holland too... isnt??javascript:emoticon('Razz')
Razz
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
This is a directory of small companies that produce handmade and mostly organic skin care products. Also, saffronrouge.com sells items from companies claiming to be "natural". I think it is a matter of research.

http://www.handmadebeauty.com/directory/index.asp

HTH,
Joani

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite is all of the "organic" products out there, a lot of them basically top of a regular ingredient list with something like organic lavendar extract. I think to some extent you have to decide what you are going to worry about. I think it is also partly a matter of which companies you choose to trust.

The EWG report "Skin Deep" is a great source of information on different ingredients: http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/browse_products.php it allows you to search by product, category, or ingredient.

I would suggest looking at Weleda (cheap! relatively), Dr. Hauschka, Jurlique.

The Organic Pharmacy has a good short discussion of carcinogens in skin care that provides general information on a lot of common ingredients: http://www.theorganicpharmacy.com/about_carcinogens.php The Pharmacy (British) also sells a line of skin care products.

I hope this isn't threat hijacking - but it is on topic. I would love recommendations for natural hair products. I have high-maintenance hair (the hair's fault, not mine) so I need fairly good quality products.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes Sweety Smarty. We have the bodyshop, weleda and yves rocher too. But even the products from yves and the bodyshop have chemicals in it, at least the stores from here have. Like for example I had bought a shampoo from the bodyshop twice, but both had sodium laureth sulfate in it, and that is one of the baddest things for the hair. And my hair look worst than when I had but a shampoo from a normal store.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma_Hawk. Me too would like to have recommendations for my hair, because I have psiorias. Someone told me that it came from using shampoos with sodium laureth sulfate. And I had heard this before. The one that told me this had recommend pureology, but we dont have it here in Holland. But we do have aveda, but I do not know if they have sodium laureth sulfate. They do not sell this in the stores here, so that is why I dont know. I hope someone have experience with aveda and can tell me if it is a good shampoo. That will not dry out the hair, dont make it dull, make my scalp healthy and strong, and moisturize my hair. Thank you and take care. Cool.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi pipilover

Try these links for shampoo with SLS:

http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=88

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/spec_prods/normal_hair_cat.cfm

joani

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the site. But first I am gonna try to wash my hair only with conditioner, and after that to clean my scalp with acv, from build ups and stuff. Hopefully it works.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi pipilover,
Let us know if the conditioner and AVC works for your hair.
I have used AVC for my hair and it makes to super shinny!

joani

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Nature's Gate products? I have tried their Chamomile Soap and I love it!

Here's the ingredients:
Organic Plant oils of Palm and Palm Kernel, Shea butter, Vegetable glycerin, certified organic jojoba oil, certified organic extracts of chamomile, hyssop, lemon verbena, marshmallow, red clover, lemon myrtle oil and pure essential oils.

The label says its 82% organic and cruelty free.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MsJam, what exactly do you like about it, maybe if it is good I will bny it too. Bye!!!
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
My skin feels really smooth afterwards, I didn't need to put lotion on, even though it is a bar soap, it feels more like you've just used shower gel after you shower. I usually don't use bar soap becuase it dries my skin, I'm glad I tried this product. Try it, it can't hurt right?
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi. Purely natural products usually have a much shorter shelf life so its not so common. Many companies, even the mild dermalogica, use chemical preservatives However, if your going all natural, check out for these natural preservatives in your ingredients:

Grapefruit Seed Extract - natural & good preservative
Tocopherol (Vit E) - I think this is how you spell it. Another natural preservative.

There are a few others, will check it out and post again
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
And be careful not to mess up sodium laureth sulphate with sodiumlauryl sulphate. The last ingredient here is the real culprit, the first one is considered a milder detergent.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi joani.sp. How did you use the ACV, I mean did you leave it in, or did you apply it and then washed it out with water again. And with what did you mixed it, or did you do it with a little water. I do not know exactly if you can leave it in your scalp, or have to wash it out again with water. ok bye bye Laughing.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
check out www.allnaturalbeauty.us

they have a list of companies that (to varying degrees) are "natural." look under products.

they also have a pretty good reading room containing articles written by different contributors about natural products, etc.

alsowww.rosayfruta.com
for bare basics products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |