Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Tweezerman Corner Lash Curler
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I stopped curling my lashes a while ago because I kept pinching the skin on the outside of my eye. I also couldn't get the outside corners to curl at all. I suppose my eyes are deeply set.

I read the reviews about the japonesque and tweezerman curlers on MUA and it seems to be a love it or hate it type of product. When I saw it in my local drug store I couldn't resist purchasing it.

For me, I love it. I actually have evenly curled lashes! It took a few minutes longer (and will take a bit of practice to get the hang of), but the result is definitely worth it for me!

Cost $20 CDN...kinda pricey, but a good product!

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Decleor Rasage Express - Shaving Foam Gel (150 ml / 5 Fl.oz.)
Decleor Rasage Express - Shaving Foam Gel (150 ml / 5 Fl.oz.)

This gel transforms into an intensely refreshing, light and creamy foam upon contact with the skin. It:
• Softens and lifts the hair for a close shave
• Helps the razor glide smoothly
• Helps protect against irritation and micro-cuts.
Aromatic essences of Clove to reduce irritation and Mint to tone. Aloe Vera Gel to soothe.
A fresh shave that instantly wakes up tired skin!

Tweezerman Corner Lash Curler
Tweezerman Corner Lash Curler

This accurate Curler is specially designed to add curl and definition to outer corner of lash. Also great for deep set and hard to reach lashes. Stainless steel Curler lets you control precisely where you want your lashes to curl resulting in a beautiful long lasting curl. Silicone pad.

moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I hear you Lianne, I had this cheapy eyelash curler that made my eyes water everytime I used it, into the trash it went. Last week when I was in the city I also purchased the tweezerman eyelash curler and I absolutely love it! It doesn't pull your eyelashes out or pinch your skin, I have beautifully curled eyelashes and don't even bother wearing mascara sometimes...HG product for me also!! Worth every cent!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Coool! I use the plastic La Cross but it cracks and I spend a lot on them if I add it up for a year. I can't use traditional metal curlers, for some reason. I MUST curl though because my lashes actually stick straight out and are virtually invisible even with mascara unless I curl.

I've ordered the curler Carrie has mentioned EYECURL (I also found her glowing raves on MUA) and the Blinc one for comparison. I need something to get the corners especially. I don't have much hope for the electrics though as my lashes are really, really hard to curl 'cause I'm not just enhancing natural curl but creating a curl from a flat lash, if that makes sense. Wink

Thanks for the review and info, Lianne! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
the one I had before was tweezerman but it was the traditional style which drove me nuts..

Lolli, I haven't heard of the 'eyecurl' one...the last thing I need is another package coming to the house since I just had to ask the parents for school money...When they go on vacation I'll be making a few orders I think!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5511&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=eyecurl

LOL, Lianne! In this thread Carrie talks about the Eyecurl and a half off coupon I had no idea about! With the coupon it's a great deal.

I went ahead and bought the Tweezerman one you reviewed on eBay just now. Very Happy I am constantly fighting with my lashes and need all the help I can get.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you like it...I'd feel bad if you didn't.

Just remember that the silicone pad goes down (opps...silly me!)

I've used it after having put on mascara and it works good then too

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, I'm sure I'll like it, I've looked at them online before and wondered how well it worked. Very Happy It really does look like it would get those pesky corners well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
it does...but like i said, it takes longer to use and is a bit akward at first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I just bought one of those Tweezerman corner lash curlers (my heated Eyecurl died and I haven’t received the replacement I ordered yet), but when I tried to use it for the first time, I made one helluva mess with my lashes. I mean, they were kinked and pointing every which way!! Embarassed Would you mind walking me thru the exact steps you follow to use it, cuz I’m guessing I simply made an I-D-O-8 (idiot) error.

TIA,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
no problem carrie..

I start at the outer corner of the eye. I line the upper metal part up right to the base of my lash and then press the pad up. Then I move over a bit and do the same thing until the eye is done. You just need to be really careful to line it up against the base of the lashes. It goes everywhere when you line it up crooked. I'll sometimes do a second row on the outer lashes halfway down the lashes too.

I really found the best way was to line up the top first. When I first used it I curled my lashes down...whoops...silly me!

Heated curlers scare me...the thought of electricity and my eyeball freaks me out a bit!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
carrie,

any better luck using the curler yet?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the tweezerman curler for quite awhile now and I couldn't be without it!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Sounds nice! I've been using their tweezers and I'm completely satisfied with each product!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I have the slanted tweezers and they are a miracle!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
carrie,

Not yet. Apparently I packed my corner lash curler away in one of boxes when preparing for my recent move. Embarassed I tried really hard to make sure that all of my beauty items and “mad scientist” ingredients went with me to the hotel, but I haven’t been able to locate the curler and God only knows which box I packed it in. At the rate its going, I’ll be lucky if I run across it again until this time next year because it takes me forever to get over the trauma of a move and begin to unpack my boxes! My mother scarred me so badly with moving to a new house/apartment every six months when I was growing up, that to this day I’d rather give birth to a flaming porcupine then have to pack up all my junk and move....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I've never moved...still live with my parents in the same house I was brought home from the hospital to. My idea of moving is drinking margaritas and letting the men do it all. (but I can't trust them to do anything right!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
lianne wrote:
carrie,

Not yet. Apparently I packed my corner lash curler away in one of boxes when preparing for my recent move. Embarassed I tried really hard to make sure that all of my beauty items and “mad scientist” ingredients went with me to the hotel, but I haven’t been able to locate the curler and God only knows which box I packed it in. At the rate its going, I’ll be lucky if I run across it again until this time next year because it takes me forever to get over the trauma of a move and begin to unpack my boxes! My mother scarred me so badly with moving to a new house/apartment every six months when I was growing up, that to this day I’d rather give birth to a flaming porcupine then have to pack up all my junk and move....

LOL!!! Carrie, my mom moved us every six months too, in elementry school I was in 13 different schools between grade 1- 7, I was in one school for all of grade 4, it was heaven! Smile We moved but by the grace of God, I didn't have to switch schools. To this day, I too would "rather give birth to a flaming porcupine" than move. I hope all goes well for you, I also know how stressful building a house can be. Annette

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Tweezerman Corner curler a couple days ago and am loving it!!! My corner lashesa are no longer invisible, I can curl them right up along with the rest! I'm so glad you reviewed this Lianne, I've seen it online before but didn't know how well it worked until your rave.

I also have both my Blinc and Eyecurl curlers, the Blinc is hotter than the Eyecurl so it works better I find. I would have a better idea of how the Eyecurl works but it literally fell apart on day 2! The first Blinc I was sent was defective and had to have another shipped. Oy, they definitely don't work as well for me as the crimp styles, unfortunately. At least with my metal Tweezerman and only having to replace the pads I may spend less on curlers. Yay! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I finally moved back into my (remodeled) house over the weekend and located the Tweezerman Corner Lash Curler that I had misplaced shortly before I moved out back on Memorial Day (end of May), turns out I had the darn thing with me at the hotel the whole time!

Anyway, for the life of me, I cannot master this thing. It either crimps my lashes so they look like kinky spider legs, or else they don't curl at all. I think I'm going to have to put this thing up on the swap block because at this point I'm harboring an intensely irrational dislike of it! I mean, it could be boiled in water and/or a replacement curling pad could be put on it and then it would be good as new, right?

On another note, I just got the Japonesque Go Curl Double Pad Lash Curler and I really like it except for one thing: the curler itself is made from black plastic, and since my lashes are also black (blue-black, if you want to be technical about it!), I can't really tell if I've got all my lashes lined up in the "cage" properly before I squeeze it to curl the lashes. Other than that, it's absolutely brilliant in design because it curls your lashes twice in the same stroke because of the way it's designed: two curved pads running parrallel to eachother, one slightly higher than the other. This serves to curl your lashes at the base, then again further up the shaft, so you don't have to manually curl the lashes twice on each eye. Does this make sense? I haven't had any caffiene yet this morning so I may be rambling (again!)....Bottom line: for an old-fashioned, clamp-style lash curler, this thing is the cat's meow. I just wish they'd come out with it in white or any other lighter color so it would be easier to see what I'm doing when I'm still half-asleep!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
On another note, I just got the Japonesque Go Curl Double Pad Lash Curler and I really like it except for one thing...

I've thought about getting this before but MUA reviews swayed me against it. After reading your description of it though (the pads and the alignment of the pads, not the color Smile) I'm again tempted to try this.... So, how does it compare to the "normal" heated curlers like the ModelCo for example? TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
...So, how does it compare to the "normal" heated curlers like the ModelCo for example? TIA Smile
Hey, I just decided that since I was had already more-or-less written a product review for it, I might as well go whole hog and officially post it as such, so here’s the link for it where I tried to answer your specific question! http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7985&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I guess y’all have access to Japonesque products down there, but in case you aren’t able to locate one of these specific curlers, just let me know and I’ll be happy to include one in your next bi-monthly shipment of lash-care products! Speaking of which, I haven’t seen any DreamLash at Walmart recently, so I don’t know if that means they don’t carry it any more, if they’re simply sold out, or if they simply moved the display to a place in the store which I have yet to find, but don’t despair! If I can’t get you another tube at Walmart, I know that some CVS pharmacies carry it (along with the Ardell!), although CVS does charge a couple bucks more for it. Anyway, I’m compiling the items for your next care(kate) package so I can easily pick up one of these curlers while I’m at it, if you need me to so just let me know by the weekend! Smile

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I guess y’all have access to Japonesque products down there, but in case you aren’t able to locate one of these specific curlers, just let me know and I’ll be happy to include one in your next bi-monthly shipment of lash-care products! Speaking of which, I haven’t seen any DreamLash at Walmart recently, so I don’t know if that means they don’t carry it any more, if they’re simply sold out, or if they simply moved the display to a place in the store which I have yet to find, but don’t despair! If I can’t get you another tube at Walmart, I know that some CVS pharmacies carry it (along with the Ardell!), although CVS does charge a couple bucks more for it. Anyway, I’m compiling the items for your next care(kate) package so I can easily pick up one of these curlers while I’m at it, if you need me to so just let me know by the weekend! Smile

Thanks so much Carrie! Yes, please pick one of the Japonesques up for me. I'm loving the combination of the Ardell and DreamLash so if you can find the DreamLash that would be great - if not then don't worry about it. I sometimes get images of you madly dashing around trying to find all these obscure things for me.... Embarassed I really do appreciate it though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
The Tweezerman corner curler needs to be used really close to the lid I find, once my pointing-straight-down lashes are curled a bit at the lid, my other curler can curl them up to the rest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I received this with my latest EDS order. I just opened the box and tried it this morning. I am quite pleased because all I needed was to curl the corner lashes since the other parts were pretty curled up on their own with a brush from mascara. (As my lashes grow longer, they thank god tend to curl up and don't point downward.) I will have to try to get the curler closer to the lids but I kinda already poked my eyeballs this morning, so I'm not sure how much closer I could get. Maybe I'll get better with practice. Wink
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
This thing sounds interesting! I've always loved the look when the corner of your lashes are accentuated. Sounds a little tricky to use though. Do you use your regular eyelash curler in conjunction with this or just on its own?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |