Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Read that brown sugar.......
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I have read on a Dutch hair forum, that you can put a little brown sugar at your conditioner to scrub your scalp. Now it sound great, but do you think that the sugar is not bad for the scalp, otherwise I would like to try it, so it would be good massage for bloodcirculation, that is good for a healthy scalp also. Let my know what you guys think. Idea.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
As long as you wash it out well after, I don't see how it could hurt you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pipilover-
It sounds like a good idea, and is worth a try. I would probably put it in the shampoo tho, as shampoo is designed to clean the skin on your scalp adding the sugar to this would probably be more effective than adding to conditioner, which apparently is only really designed to be applied to the lengths of the hair rather than the scalp. It depends how you use them I guess!

Hope this helps a little. Let us know how it goes

maddy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Some people use brown sugar as a skin scrub/exfoliant. This is because it contains glycolic acid which very gently dissolves damaged skin. So it might do your scalp some good, but as for the hair not sure what the point of that is.
Mabsy

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Some people use brown sugar as a skin scrub/exfoliant. This is because it contains glycolic acid which very gently dissolves damaged skin. So it might do your scalp some good, but as for the hair not sure what the point of that is.

Does normal sugar have it as well? I remember the fantastic results that I got with the Orlane Flower Salt scrub (which, sadly, has been discontinued) and I went out yesterday and bought a sugar scrub. I just used it for the first time today and my skin is *so* soft and smooth! Almost as good as the Orlane salt scrub, but not quite. Mind you, the scrub cost me Au$4 (Totally Juicy Apple Hot Sugar Body Scrub).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes Mabsy, all sugar does.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Ok guys, thanks for the info. I think I am gonna try it then. And Maddy, you are right about the shampoo, that it cleans, but it also strip the natural oils from the scalp. And because that I have a sensitive scalp it becaumes very dry and I get psiorias. Thats why I want to try to wash it with conditioner only and to clean my scalp, I could use a little ACV and water, I have read that AVC cleans the build ups and stuff. I heard about carols daughter suave conditioner, and that is all natural. It is from America, but I can order it on a Dutch site. They also have suave boter 100% natural to make the hair soft. So I hope this stuff really gonna works, because I have tried so many thinks from selsun to nizoral and nothing works. Also I have heard that water has something to do with it, because the water from where I live is hard water, now my question is which water is soft, like bronwater or mineral, so that I can buy this and use it to wash my hair? Bye guys, please more info Idea?
Mabsy

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Yes Mabsy, all sugar does.

Sorry, in hindsight that was a very dumb question Laughing Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I didn't think it was dumb, but I was surprised I could tell you something you didn't know about skincare - so pleased Laughing

Pipilover - God knows what bronwater is. I looked it up on google and a lot of Dutch came back and it's not in the Dutch English dictionary. Mineral water's lovely and soft to wash your hair in. I do it sometimes.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I have used sugar in the past as a facial scrub - it works really well, good if you run out of Skin Prep Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
pipilover-
is worth a try then mixed with conditioner if you aren't using shampoo at the moment. I lived with a girl who was allergic to many things and had bad skin rash, she used neutrogena tar shampoo- I know you said you tried everything but maybe this is worth a try? Apple cider vinegar will give you lovely shiny hair and hopefully clean it. If your hair doesn't get oily this should work well for you.
Not sure about the water either. If you are willing could wash your hair with bought mineral water but I am not sure its worth it- the vinegar may help to soften the water anyway. Maybe just use mineral water as a final rinse? I don't know, is worth a try I guess.
Hope it all goes well

maddy
ps- Mabsy where is lovely $4 scrub purchased from? glad its working out for you, sounds lovely
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about sugar, but jojoba oil is good for a dry scalp. You can rub it into the scalp itself and let it stay there for 20 minutes or so. If you want to do a hot oil treatment for your hair as well, you can warm some up, put it liberally on dry hair and rub it into your scalp, wrap your hair in a towel or put on a shower cap and wait about 20 minutes or so and then shampoo as normal. I suspect that you could do this with wet hair too and it may even be easier, but I haven't tried that. But you can work it primarily into your scalp if you only want to do it there. You get a bit of hair with that of course, but not a lot really.
Mabsy

Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:38 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:

ps- Mabsy where is lovely $4 scrub purchased from? glad its working out for you, sounds lovely

Get Thee to a K-Mart near you! If they carried the Totally Juicy line then they're clearing it out right now Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
will get thee asap.
Thanks mabsy!!

ps- sorry for distracting from main topic of post. Hope the sugar is working out
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:53 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
will get thee asap.
Thanks mabsy!!

ps- sorry for distracting from main topic of post. Hope the sugar is working out

It is ok. And the sugar I have tried and my scalp feels clean and not so itchy as it did before. Also it looks like I have not so much psiorias now, hope it will stay like this. Laughing.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
am pleased it worked. might try it now!
Very Happy
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to get my husband to try this on his head. I keep sea salt in the shower for him to use because I noticed that his scalp always seemed better after we'd been in the ocean a lot. Perhaps the sugar will work as well without the stinging.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |