Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Woa! Dermalogica Power Rich.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Flipping through a few of this month's mags there's a product that's mentioned in at least two of them. Dermalogica Power Rich, and.... wait for it...... it retails at Au$275 for a 10mL tube. That's around US$190 and CAD$250 for *10mL* (just over a month's supply apparently) Surprised *VERY* unusual for Dermalogica pricing so I'm wondering if anybody here is using it and what they think of it or if anybody has heard anything about it at all.

It's being touted as the ultimate skin product and has vitamins A, C, E and B5 in it. I'm very curious to say the least Very Happy

Mabsy.

ps. I'm now inclined to make my initial "Woa!" a "Woa!" instead because I just realised that it's more expensive than Valmont L'ELIXIR DES GLACIERS!!!! Surprised
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, It's actually for five tubes!
http://www.dermalogica.com/default2.asp?region=?&location=?
Mabsy

Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Phew! Thank goodness! Although that means that I want to try it now Smile

I think Harper's Bazaar might have made a little boo boo. Although it says "$275 for a 35+ day treatment pack". So I guess the 'pack' means that it's for the set but why would 5*10mL last just over a month!!??

Btw, you can get a sample of it on the Dermalogica website (after you click on the 'experience power rich' link). Enter your details and they will send it to you in the mail (internationally too) Wink

Thanks for the info Belle and welcome to the forum Smile

Mabsy.
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
I have tried the Power Rich and can't really see what the big deal is about. As is typical for Dermalogica, there is no scent. The product is nice and smooth and doesn't feel greasy at all. It doesn't clog my tiny pores (amazingly) but I didn't find it to be very moisturizing. However, I have been using this after the Special Cleansing Gel which I found to be way too drying for my skin.

This cream isn't greasy at all, but I didn't find it to make my skin supple, plump, or well moisturized. All in all, I would rate it a 3/5 --- mainly because of cost and minimal hydration (for my parched skin).

Now, this may be a product that does more with time ---- I have only been using it for 4 days ---- so I will just have to see what happens.

Get yourself a sample if you can. A little does go a long way.

Dagny
Mabsy

Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Dagny!

I'm glad to hear that you weren't all that impressed with it. I will get a sample of this and try it but I think for the price I'd much rather go for Valmont. Call me silly but when I spend that much $ on something I want it to smell nice Very Happy

Please do post a review of it after you give it some time and let us know if you had any results with it.

Mabsy
dagny
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

PLEASE tell me about Valmont! I am interested! Any blackheads? Any "chemical" ingredients?

Also, could you please tell me more about the Decleor cleansing oil. Do you have the complete ingredient listing? Did it clog your pores?

Tell me, Tell me, Tell me!!!! Smile Ha, ha, ha.

as for the Power Rich, once I have "recovered" from the Dermalogica cleanser, I will give it another assessment to be fair in my review. Interestingly, I initially thought the Daily Microfoliant was working for me, but today (after I used it) my poor skin had so many dry patches and tightness to it. Grr!!! My skin is driving me CRAZY!

Dagny
Mabsy

Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Dagny,

Well what can I say? Valmont makes my skin fabulous and it smells *SO* lovely! I'm not sure about the ingredients though, sorry.

I haven't had any problems with the Cleansing Oil and have found it to be a really good cleanser (great at removing eye makeup too!). If you search through the reviews forum you'll find some reviews of it. Off topic, the YonKa Gel Nettoyant cleanser if also a very good one (similar company in that all natural ingredients are used). There's a few reviews of that one on the forum as well.

Now, for what you really want. Off the back of the Cleansing Oil bottle:

capric triglyceride, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, polysorbate 85, cococaprylate, palm oil, sweet almond oil, lavender oil, lemon peel oil, bitter orange oil, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate.

Mabsy.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dagny,

I have used 6 in the Valmont product line. I love it:D! I posted in an earlier thread that I have decided, IMO, to use the cellcosmet as my "moisturizer line" and Valmont as my "intensive/mask" line. I have fair, difficult sometimes dry, rarely oily,far and few breakouts (thank God, I am 45:cool:) skin. I have tried many different lines, and have something of everyones. My staples are what I just listed. I am horrible about ingredients, to just mention a couple really helpful members about ingredients is Mabsy, chunlisa...(and I see you have already heard from Mabsy)...Mmm I can't think of anyone else at the top of my head.(We do have many though)Very Happy Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with ingredients, but the Valmont:DVery Happy is my baby......Very HappyVery Happy
One other suggestion, have you emailed the spa directly? The link is at the store....

Babs
dagny
5% products discount

Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, thanks so much for typing in the ingredients for me!! It must have taken a long time!

I will have to try some of the Valmont as well as the Decleor products. I am not quite sure of which products to order at this time. I am currently using Decleor's nail oil on my face to see if it will cause me any problems with clogging as it contains the hazlenut oil like the "face" oils.

My goal is to find the ultimate moisturizer. Maybe the Uber-Expensive Valmont Glacier??

Dagny
Mabsy

Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dagny,

No problem, it didn't take all that long. If I were you I would call up or email the spa and let them know your concerns. I'm not sure if using the nail oil on your face is such a good idea because while the hazelnut oil may not break you out other ingredients in it might; ingredients which may not be present in the face oils.

I know that putting oils on skin seems really weird (especially for people with oily skins) but it seems to work. Having said that I don't have finnicky skin so I'm probably not the best indication.

I hope you figure out what products suit you best. Let us know how you go Smile

Oh, and if you're considering Valmont Glacier then Babs is the lady to talk to Wink

Mabsy.
dagny
5% products discount

Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

The Decleor Nail Oil ingredients are similar to the Neroli Oil (with the exception of the essential aromatic oils). Luckily for me, it worked GREAT! Smile That means I will be adding it to the ever-growing list of purchase to EDS.

Now, I am growing increasingly obsessed with Valmont. I have a bad feeling that this forum may spark a very expensive * spam alert * for me! Smile

So, my big question: buy a basic, inexpensive cleanser and splurge on an incredible moisturizer? OR just dive right in and splurge, splurge, splurge?

Mabsy

Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dagny

I have a bad feeling that this forum may spark a very expensive * spam alert * for me! Smile

LOL, yeah it's like that. Barbara's the one who got me thinking about Valmont and then later Cellcosmet. Pricey but they are really worth it IMO. I love the Valmont Renewing Pack, love the fragrance, the fresh feeling while it's on and the effect afterwards. It's just a lovely treat for my skin. Yum!

Now, regarding your other question. I think as long as the cleanser if effective and it's getting rid of all the makeup and dirt without stripping your skin of moisture then it will do. I would much rather splurge on a moisturiser than a cleanser. I would never for example buy the La Mer cleanser, but that's just me. I'm not even curious about what it would be like because I've got two cleansers that are fantastic (Yonka Gel Nettoyant in the morning and Decleor Cleansing Oil at night). After being on this forum for a while now and reading people's reviews and trying out samples, I think I'm finally getting close to having found products that I will stick with for quite a while.
dagny
5% products discount

Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

May I ask what type of skin you have? My biggest problem is very tiny pores that clog easily.

I have heard some great things about that Yonka cleanser (not too drying) and I know you mentioned the Decleor oil cleanser before ----- any clogging?

I agree with you about the great smell of products and the "pretty" packages! Maybe that is what I find lacking in Dermalogica --- less 'wow' factor! Smile

Mabsy

Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Dagny,

I still can't decide if my skin is 'normal' or 'combo'; it seems to vary between the two because my forehead gets shiny sometimes. I have always been prone to getting blackheads on my nose however which is the result of clogged pores. They're being effectively kept in check by my current skin care routine though Smile

I have not had any problems with either of the cleansers but keep in mind that I am also alternating between Dermalogica Microfoliant and PTR Buffing Beads. The Decleor Cleansing Oil was recommended to me by Leeleedeedee and from memory someone once asked her this very same question and she said that she had no problems with clogged pores when using this. Might be best to do a search for that post.

Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |