Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OIL/BLEMISH CONTROL PRODUCT
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mayet_808
5% products discount

Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what to do with my oily tzone. i am looking for best product to use. I don't know what to buy. Joey new york pure pores pore tightener and filler serum, picture porefect by dermadoctor or j.iredale absense.
please help me. thx
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there

Why dont you try Decleor's Ylang-Ylang Oil. Its such a staple in my regime now. Its job is to re-programme the cells to produce less oil - and its the oil production that is the root of all problems.

Its worked wonders for me and know it has done for countless others. Its so greatly assisted in the clearing of my blemishes because it has reduced the amount of oil my pores produce I cannot tell you.

Check out reviews on this website and online. Makeupalley.com is also a great one to check out the reviews.

As as added bonus it also smells lush and theres something quite therapeutic about applying these oils to your skin. Its also quite nice to using a natural product on your skin with all the chemically stuff out there.

I hope that helps.

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mayet!!
There are heaps recommended on here- Decleor Ylang Ylang, any vit c serum is supposed to be good for oil control, mineral foundation, Dermalogica oil control lotion was recommended to me by a beautician. Also there are several Yonka products- I think Creme 58 (?) and creme PG that are supposed to be good. Try searching 'oil control' and see what threads come up. there have been heaps recently.

Hope you find a good one

maddy
Mayet_808
5% products discount

Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:48 am      Reply with quote
thanks farouk and maddy for infos. i am still looking and doing a lot of research before buying.
Mabsy

Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:44 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used the Joey New York one but I would pass on it - it tends to get rather poor reviews.

The Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence has received a lot of very good feedback here, as has Dr Hauschka Normalizing Oil. The Jane Iredale Absence is good as well but I think if I had oily skin I would rather try to normalize my skin rather than use a product that absorbs the oil (or I would do both, but not just the latter). In terms of blemishes - YonKa Juvenil is very good Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I use the Dr Hauschka Normalising Day oil, my skin used to get very very oily around the T-Zone but after a week of switching from moisturiser to the oil, I don't really get oily outbreaks. If you are unsure about buying this stright away, try using some jojoba oil in place of your usual moisturiser.
Using a toner has also helped my skin to regulate itself as well.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
hi beautiful people. i don't know what to buy yet. what i am doing now is wash my face with ddf bringtening cleanser, then rubbing a little bit of lemon juice on tzone and poking vitamin E and rubbing it on the side and under my nose. i hope it will help my tzone not to produce too much oil. tomorrow morning after cleansing my face, i wonder if i can rub lemon juice on my t-zone(to prevent oiliness) and then put on my DDF fade cream spf 30. do you guys think its ok to do that, that my nose won't have big pimple after?
please help...
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

just posted on another thread identical to this.
Dermalogica oil control lotion works well.

I'm having very good results using Janson Becketts' vitc serum and their normalising lotion.
Yonka Juvenil is good for bringing gunk out of your skin as it creme 15 (think that's the right one Embarassed ) I'd consider that as the first port of call - A herbal deep cleanse before moving on to maintenance.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |