Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Best JI shade?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone advise which JI liquid minerals shade I should go for if my BE shade is 1.2? I really want to try this and with my voucher, I now have no excuse not to (thank you EDS Very Happy)

Any suggestions?

Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I was BE 1.2 and used JI PurePressed Base in Warm Silk. I don't know if the pressed corresponds to the same shades in the liquid.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I just read that they recently updated the liquid minerals so that they match the powders more closely.

I'm a mac nc25 and warm silk is good in the liquid.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
If you have some color to you face since its summer I just started used the JI liquid and I use warm sienna and its blends great, I love the feel of the liquid they tried the powder but my skin looked funny. I get more compliments on this foundation then ever before- I usually have fair/med skin in winter more fair but I have abit of color now and it still blends great- i just went to a esth and they matched me and I told them I bought online and that was fine (I get my Yonka facials from them) Good luck Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I would say Warm Silk in the liquid minerals although it's more warm toned than my Warm Silk pressed base. But I'm basing this on my experience with the liquid JI prior to them changing the shades (didn't even realise they had).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I just realised that the liquid minerals don't have spf Sad Also do they look as dark in real life as they do on the web page? I'm beginning to have second thoughts now (which is a bummer for mini-me cos she had talked me into giving her the freebie antioxidant face spray Confused ).

Maybe I shall have to wade my way through the spf thread to find one that will be good with the JI Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
With minerals, Avene is your best option. They have a spray and they might even have a gel. Rosebud is using the spray... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm also interested in trying the JI liquid mineral foudation and not sure which shade to order. I'm an NC25 to NC30, with a more neutral skin tone. MA's are even challenged when typing my skin tone for an appropriate foundation shade. It's neutral, but I can get by with either warm or cool, as long as it's sheer or light coverage. I've taken a look at the colors of the JI mineral makeup on this site, and cannot decide which to order.

p.s. I absolutely love this site.....it's become my favorite. Also want to try the cellosmet eye cream, but it appears they've taken the sample packs off as a purchase option?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for saving me going through that thread faith! I think I can get avene online in the uk Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
the liquid minerals do not look as dark as they do online-I was tested w/Warm Sienna powder loose & pressed and liquid and they all were the same. Like I said before I do have some color on my face so this blends like a second skin. Even people who sell the product in other salons have said the color is perfect/i would suggest getting matched in person rather then on line because the color that I thought was right was much to pale. Laughing
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
PS: I also use the DDF Organic suncreen under the foundation and Iam combo/sensitive t-zone and it looks and feels great
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
red head,

Would you mind sharing your skin tone/shade? I've looked at the color selection, and I'm leaning towards Warm Silk or Satin. My skin is light, but I do use a light self-tanner during the summer months.

Thanks! I appreciate any and all feedback that any of you can provide to me.

D

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I can say that the shades online look lighter than they really are. All the samples that I ordered turned out to be darker than my skintone.

My perfect colour match was Bisque, and it looked so scarily pale online that I would never have thought that it was my match.
Mabsy

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Would you mind sharing your skin tone/shade? I've looked at the color selection, and I'm leaning towards Warm Silk or Satin. My skin is light, but I do use a light self-tanner during the summer months.

I'm an NW20 (although I was told years ago that I was an NC15) and Warm Silk is too dark (and too warm) for me. Bisque is my match in the liquid.

Guapagirl- I do recall being told that the JI Liquid Minerals have an SPF of 12, although this is not stated on the bottle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:03 am      Reply with quote
...so maybe I ought to go for bisque? That looks like the right colour on the charts and it is neutral. God I wish we had real shops here Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:23 am      Reply with quote
My skin in the winter is pale w/yellow untertone I have red hair but now I have a tan and they matched me w/Warm Sienna and its looks perfect, I would imagine in the winter months my shade will be very lighter, Its strange i go from pale to mild tan very fast even when it fades the shade matches. I never would have picked that from the site Surprised
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy and red head.....thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate it. I'm trying to find a spa or derms office in my area that sells JI to get matched. Before I found this site, one of the Malls in my city offered JI products, but when I went recently to take a look they informed me that they had discontinued selling this line. Rats! My skin tone is truly neutral....anything with slight yellow in it looks horrid on me, and likewise with products that are pinkish.

guapagirl....I feel your pain! Foundation is the one product that is almost impossible to purchase without trying a few shades to find the perfect match!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
It's all bog standard fare down where I live alas Sad Mind you, I found that debenhams has opened up in truro and is sellin dior, chanel and benefit Very Happy I didn't have time for a proper look, but I will defo be spending time checking out the skinflash next time I'm in.

...can't beleive I just wrote that when I have the best foundation already Shock I really am a product whore Embarassed

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I was going to post a pic to see if that helps but.... Argh! I just spent a while finding my camera, taking a pic of the Bisque and Warm Silk side by side, downloading it to my laptop -- all this only to find out that photobucket.com is down! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
that would be great because in the winter I think I would either be one of those shades.
Mabsy

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
It's back up! So here goes... Bisque is on the left, Warm Silk on the right. Ignore the Information Systems literature in the background - having it on my desk makes me feel less guilty about spending so much time at EDS... Embarassed
Like I said, this may not be helpful at all, but you can't say I didn't try! Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Bisque looks good not to golden
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Radient its new Question
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Has anyone tried Radient its new Question

Arrrggghhh! Redhead! what are you trying to do to me? I'm never going to decide! I think the bisque looks about right (thanks Mabsy!), but now I'll have to check out the radient Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
HAHAHAHAHA! guapagirl, you crack me up.

Mabsy, this is fabulous! The Warm Silk is way too pinkish. I held up two bottles of my current foundation (EL Futurist in Blonde and Lancome Absolue in Pearl 20 (N), and they both are a pretty close match to the JI Bisque. This Bisque may be a bit lighter, but it's close enough!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post these pics. I truly appreciate it.

And I see that you're in the Information Systems field? Me too.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |