Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
REVIEW: LAROCHE POSAY TOLERAINE FLUIDE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am so excited, I want to tell everyone about this product!!! Not only is it the only thing I will EVER purchase again for a moisturizer, I think this is the best thing since sliced bread!
My sensitive skin has not betrayed me once since starting this product over a month ago (I wanted to go a month, so I knew sensitivities were't an issue) so far my skin is as clear as ever, no blemishes, no eczema, no nothing! I don't even have to wear makeup, this is a first for me!
It is a light fluidy texture type lotion that sinks right in your skin, I use approx. 2 pumps (this bottle will last for months at around $22.00 Can)
Its texture is alot like MD Formulations facial lotion, kinda watery, but very, very moisturizing...
I hope they never stop making this product...thumbs up!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this moisturizer too and I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the Toleraine cleanser! It cleans my face without drying it at all. I like this line. La Roche Posay makes some other products too but the scented ones I can't use.
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:48 am      Reply with quote
hi there

Im really glad youve found your HG product - dont you just love it when that happens? Very Happy

Thing is though, I dont know if you still might want to look for something else because the ingredients for this product do not look great at all:

Aqua/water, glycerin, potassium myristate, glyceryl stearate se, potassium stearate, potassium laurate, potassium palmitate, cocoglucoside, tetrasodium.

Thats just my opinion. Im quite big on checking ingredients before I buy but if this is your HG product then stick with it.

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad that there are now some reviews about the La Roche Posay, after reading how good the sunscreens are, I've been wondering about the skincare myself. Does anyone know if I can buy any of this range from Boots?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Faurouk, could you please tell me what ingredients don't look very good? I haven't had any problems with sensitivity but it would be nice to know what you mean by them not looking so good, thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
moosette wrote:
Faurouk, could you please tell me what ingredients don't look very good? I haven't had any problems with sensitivity but it would be nice to know what you mean by them not looking so good, thanks!

Hey

There just doesnt appear to be any extracts or vitamins, it looks like a bunch of chemicals. If you compare this list of ingredients to products by Dermalogica or Decleor, youll see what I mean.

The fact that your not having any reaction to this product is great, but for me, personally, Id want to be putting more than just that ingredient list on my skin. To be honest most products out there contain these ingredients, but they usually combine these with a whole load of skin goodies as well - e.g. plant extracts, vitamins.

But hey, thats just my 2 cents worth. Everyones has different ideas when it comes to skincare. May be if I had a reaction to every product under the sun Id be happy sticking with this product.

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
farouk,

do you know a good site for learning about ingredients? I've looked at a few before and just got myself all confused!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Farouk! I know what you mean by having the vitamins and plant extracts, that would be very nice to use, unfortunately some natural ingredients tend to break me out, I don't know the culprits but I've tried dermalogica, decleor, md formulations, babor, dr. hauscka, and unfortunatly something in them broke me out in a rash after a couple days Sad
So after spending all that money on skin care products I'm excited to find something that works Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I think moosette was talking about the moisturizer - Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

Ingredients
Aqua/Water, Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexyloxyglycerin/Ethylhexyglycerin, Capryl Glycol/Caprylyl Glycol

farouk the one you were talking about is a cleanser for normal/combination - Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser

Ingredients
Water, glycerin, potassium myristate, glyceryl stearate SE, potassium stearate, potassium laurate, potassium palmitate, coco-glucoside, tetrasodium EDTA

lily did you mean Toleriane Gentle Dermo-Cleanser for hypersensitive skin

Ingredients
Wate/Aqua, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Capryl Glycol/Caprylyl Glycol
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
farouk,

do you know a good site for learning about ingredients? I've looked at a few before and just got myself all confused!

Hi lianne

Skin care ingredients can be confusing. To be honest, for years Ive been reading the labels on skin care products and somehow developed the knack for distinguishing chemically products from quality ones. It also probably has something to do with the fact that im a scientist!

Ive done a google search and this website doesnt look too comprehensive, but its a start I suppose:

http://www.altmednetwork.net/skincare/bad_ingredients.html

What I would do is actually google the ingredient your querying in a product, I always get loads of info that way.

I know that wasnt a great help, sorry Confused .

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Alaya - apologies for being incorrect. I dont think it makes too much difference though because the ingredients look pretty similar anyway.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
moosette wrote:
Thanks for the info Farouk! I know what you mean by having the vitamins and plant extracts, that would be very nice to use, unfortunately some natural ingredients tend to break me out, I don't know the culprits but I've tried dermalogica, decleor, md formulations, babor, dr. hauscka, and unfortunatly something in them broke me out in a rash after a couple days Sad
So after spending all that money on skin care products I'm excited to find something that works Very Happy

Hi Mooosette

Thats such a shame. Those lines usually contain fairly top-notch ingredients. Its no wonder your quite excited to find something thats actually doesnt evoke a reaction! Smile .

Have you tried - dare I mention this brand in fear of your bank manager - La Prairie? They have a desensitising range. My La Prarie * spam alert * has been reaching new heights lately and since using samples of the purifying system my skin is the best its ever been. Im just assuming everything in the range is just as good, its certainly as-flaming-expensive!

I would really try and get some samples of this brand. I dont know exactly where your located but if you have any major department stores they should stock it, and should definetly part with some samples. Ebays another good place for samples.

For more info on La Prairie visit their website (and choose the right serum for your skin type):

http://www.laprairie.com/shoponline/deagers.html

I hope that helps.

Farouk

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Farouk,
Leave the poor girl alone she is happy. Just because most of us are product tarts. Let her be. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Farouk,
Leave the poor girl alone she is happy. Just because most of us are product tarts. Let her be. Rolling Eyes

Im just looking out for her. Theres no harm in bettering ones collection of skin care products Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
There is big harm, my credit card company loved me before I found EDS.I also had money for the occasional night out. Sad
I know you are being kind to her really.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I found the La Roche Posay range very good as well. Their Biomedic range is excellent.

Plant extracts can be irritating to skin. For example, menthol, whilst giving a nice cool, tingling feeling to skin, can be an irritant to sensitive types.

Squalane and glycerin are two very good, inexpensive ingredients. I think, for sensitive types, the less ingredients the better!

La Prairie has some really good products, but I think it is way overpriced. Smile
Mabsy

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
hmm I'm no expert but those ingredients look pretty good to me - simple but good. Particularly the squalene right up there as the second ingredient! Squalene is supposed to be great for skin.

Personally, I have not had much luck with the La Prairie. Their top selling cream is so laden with silicones that it broke me out in little red bumps. Their ingredient list is rather long and chemical-like sounding but this may not apply to their desensitising range though....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Where did you find the ingredients? I looked on the la Prairie website, in my continuing search for the perfect eyecream and they didn't list the ingredients; at least I didn't see them. I also googled it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the info girls! Farouk, and loopilori, you girls gave me a chuckle Laughing thanks for the recommendations, but I think I'll stick with toleraine, my credit card would appreciate the break too! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:10 am      Reply with quote
YIPPESS!! I just viewed the la prairie serum $150.00 Shock I will definetly stick with my $22.00 toleraine lotion!!

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Where did you find the ingredients? I looked on the la Prairie website, in my continuing search for the perfect eyecream and they didn't list the ingredients; at least I didn't see them. I also googled it...

I've bought La Prairie products before ( Embarassed ) and I remember reading the ingerdient list. I don't remember each ingredient on it but the list was not natural sounding... That may not be the case for all of them but it certainly was for the ones I tried. Not that this bothers me....

I can't find any LP ingredient lists online either. Just go to the counter and ask to see the packaging Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Moosette,
You made me chuckle too, but I expect Farouk is crying, I am afraid to tell you he is the other gender. I am sure he will forgive you though as his dedication to skin care could be misleading.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Moosette,
You made me chuckle too, but I expect Farouk is crying, I am afraid to tell you he is the other gender. I am sure he will forgive you though as his dedication to skin care could be misleading.

I should really add 'bloke' to my signature Laughing .

Although may be my recommendations wouldnt be taken too seriously then Question

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review moosette - I just bought this to try Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I thank you too, Moosette! I just ordered the cleanser and fluide fromwww.feelbest.com. I've been meaning to for weeks, I need a moisturizer right now, something simple but effective, this sounds great!

just edited to correct the url that made no sense at all!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |