Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
confused - decleor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purple princess
5% products discount

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Question

i visted a decleor counter and this is what i was given samples for:
-Gel cleanser
-ylang balm (every night)

i have congested area on the chin/jawline (hormonal spots, and red marks from spots)blackheads on my nose and dull skin, i suffer from shine (late in the day, midday onwards) .slight dryness on t-zone (between eyebrows), but im not reaaaallllly oily. so should i be using the ylang ylang balm?

however, i visited another counter and the consultant said i dont look that oily and provided me with samples of:

gel cleanser (same as oily/combo)
neroli oil
hydra floral hydrating comfort cream
hydra floral intensive herdrating mask

she suggested using the hydra emulsion instead of the cream (but did not have any samples of this)

i have been using the cleanser and i really like this and notice a difference in my skin, howver im not sure what other products i should use...

is shine different from oily skin, i feel im more combination.

ohhh im confused Confused

on a different note, i have recd my JI pressed powder sample and am loving it (bisque) this may be the ONE!! very generous sample, will last a while......i did try warm silk but it made me skin look "dirty"

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
First, I'm really glad you like the JI pressed base! This is my fave foundation and I'll be sticking with it for a long time.

I'm definitely not a trained Decleor SA but from what I have read here and from what I know after having used some of the stuff, the best thing I would have given you would have been the essential balm for all the congested bits. The Neroli oil is also good (I use this myself and have used it when my skin was combo as well) but I don't have much experience with their moisturisers so I can't comment there...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I was recommended to buy the essential balm too but the assistant said that you cannot use it on a regular basis. Is there a reason for this?

My skin sounds quite similar to yours. I was given a sample of Hydra-Matte Regulating Fluid. Its realy nice, not an over powering scent and its moisturising but has quite a matte finish, and its really light.
purple princess
5% products discount

Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the advice.

im glad i have been given samples (decleor are VERY generous with them) i think i will stick with the ylang ylang balm, as i have noticed an improvement.

i feel its very much trial and error with the samples

sel - i use the YYbalm every other day(but not for any real reason...lol)

i will try and get a sample of the hydra mat and see how it feels (the SA mentioned it can be drying, and suggested the hydra floral emulsion which she said is could for combo skin)

sel - you may want to do a search on Ylang ylang as there are LOADS of helpful advice on these boards. this is a great site (surprised i have only recently found it, but love it!)

pp

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I would go with the recommendation that most closely matches what YOU think is your skin type, not what the SA said it was after looking at your for 2 minutes.

I use the ylang ylang balm for oily, slightly congested skin and I find it wonderful. I'll agree with Mabsy, it is all a bit trial and error!

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I was recommended to buy the essential balm too but the assistant said that you cannot use it on a regular basis. Is there a reason for this?

That's true - or at least I have heard/read this as well. It's to be used for a week or two and then you take a break from it. As to the reason - I'm not sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I was told to only use it for a 2 week period each month. They didn't really offer an explanation. Just that it wouldn't be any good for my skin. I did notice that if I used it for any longer than 2 weeks each month my skin would start breaking out.
However, when I recently visited a Decleor counter in a dept. store the SA told me that it was now considered ok to use the Baume Essentiel continously.
Still, I tend to take everything they say with a large pinch of salt. If you visted 7 different Decleor counters you would get conflicting advice from all of them. Rolling Eyes
I still only use the Baume Essentiel for a 2 week period regardless of what the SA recently told me. I was hoping to use the Iris balm for the other 2 weeks of each month but was told that I shouldn't. Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Decleor and asked them about the Baume Essentiel. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your e-mail and your keen interest in Decléor.

Baume Essentiel should only be used for upto two weeks maximum on the same area and then rest for two weeks. It has a drawing action and if continuously used it will start to dry the skin out.

So, that SA telling me the other day that I could use it continuously really needs to go back to Decleor HQ for a refresher course. Razz

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |