Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Estee Lauder 'Spotlight' Skin Tone Perfector
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
The blurb from the EL website:
"We call it visual skincare. You'll call it amazing. This sheer lotion gives skin a healthy, even-toned glow you can see as soon as you put it on. Spotlight also works over time to tone down the appearance of discolourations so skin looks even and flawless. Micro-prisms give skin an instant underglow and even tone. Skintone perfecting anti-oxidants and botanicals fade the appearance of discolourations and sun spots over time.

Features and Benefits:

As soon as you sweep it on, illuminating micro-prisms reflect light away from minor imperfections. Skin has an underglow and more even tone. Long term, a proven blend of protective anti-oxidants, including Vitamins E, C and natural botanicals fight off free radicals to help fade the look of discolourations and help prevent them in the future. If you wear makeup Spotlight primes your skin for a flawless, longwearing finish. And if your don't wear makeup, it gives skin a health looking even glow.Gives an instant glow to skin. Works long term to even out skintone. Reduces the appearance of discolourations and sun spots. Provides a perfect base for makeup and improves foundation application and wear. Provides a healthy more even-toned glow for non-makeup users.

Application and Usage:

Apply over your nourisher. Follow with makeup, if desired. For optimal long term results, apply AM and PM, to fade discolourations and sun spots."

Well I am not a huge fan of Lauder normally but post migraine and looking rather grey and pasty I was willing to give this a go (it had been languishing in my makeup bag for a while - I'd been given it as a gift).
Well I can't comment on the long term effects but this is a great pick me up product and made me look much more human and healthy! Feels nice on the skin and wasn't oily feeling even over my Avene (please let there be no stuff to affect my avene spf in this one!! Confused )
With a light handed application of this my Pure Luxe foundation sample and a sweep of Prescriptives Magic liquid powder I look much less like I'm about to keel over!! Laughing
A thumbs up for this one!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Lucia!!im so sorry abouth you,it must be a hard time for you...I know,it sounds cheasy...but i really mean it so...javascript:emoticon('') the product sounds good,i havent slept more than 3 houres since abouth 2 months...I look like a junky in his best years...javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Confused
thx!!!!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi! wave
Thanks -I appreciate your thoughts! Smile
EEk! Shock that's not a lot of sleep - hope you manage to get some more shut eye soon. I have a light mask made by 'Rio' that I use for my migraines and it has a programme on it for the treatment of insomnia - might be worth a look?
http://www.riobeauty.com/index2.htm

In the meantime the Estee Lauder product is a great cheat!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hey Lucia!!!Yeah... Its hard,now, i cant sleep at all... I look like i were dead...Thank you for your tipps!!! I really hope that youre feeling better...
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm much better thanks!!! Very Happy Back to normal.
The lightmask works really well for my headaches and I have used the insomnia programme and it seems to work!
I guess you've tried all the other usual advice about not having the room too warm (check out the 'Chillow'a cooling mat you put in your pillow to keep your head cool, apparently having your head too warm can disrupt sleep?!)
Plus all the usual things like regular routine, milky drinks etc?
Poor you - it's horrible not being able to get enough sleep.

I saw a programme a while back about insomnia, it featured a poor lady who couldn't get to sleep till 3am, they advised her to stay up past this point - hard as she was dying to sleep when she could - and to attempt to sleep at a more normal time the next day - eventually she managed to adjust her body clock but she had medical supervision.

Take care of yourself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy Im so happy,that youre feeling better!!! This pillow-mat-thing sounds great...I never heard abouth it... Im a little feared abouth my eyes,they are a red-purple-blue-mix,verry swollen,and they even get winkles...javascript:emoticon('')Aaarg,im too young for that
javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy but,yeah,i think ive tried evrythingjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy but its not that bad..Im getting used tojavascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
The blurb from the EL website:
"We call it visual skincare. You'll call it amazing. This sheer lotion gives skin a healthy, even-toned glow you can see as soon as you put it on. Spotlight also works over time to tone down the appearance of discolourations so skin looks even and flawless. Micro-prisms give skin an instant underglow and even tone. Skintone perfecting anti-oxidants and botanicals fade the appearance of discolourations and sun spots over time.

Features and Benefits:

As soon as you sweep it on, illuminating micro-prisms reflect light away from minor imperfections. Skin has an underglow and more even tone. Long term, a proven blend of protective anti-oxidants, including Vitamins E, C and natural botanicals fight off free radicals to help fade the look of discolourations and help prevent them in the future. If you wear makeup Spotlight primes your skin for a flawless, longwearing finish. And if your don't wear makeup, it gives skin a health looking even glow.Gives an instant glow to skin. Works long term to even out skintone. Reduces the appearance of discolourations and sun spots. Provides a perfect base for makeup and improves foundation application and wear. Provides a healthy more even-toned glow for non-makeup users.

Application and Usage:

Apply over your nourisher. Follow with makeup, if desired. For optimal long term results, apply AM and PM, to fade discolourations and sun spots."

Well I am not a huge fan of Lauder normally but post migraine and looking rather grey and pasty I was willing to give this a go (it had been languishing in my makeup bag for a while - I'd been given it as a gift).
Well I can't comment on the long term effects but this is a great pick me up product and made me look much more human and healthy! Feels nice on the skin and wasn't oily feeling even over my Avene (please let there be no stuff to affect my avene spf in this one!! Confused )
With a light handed application of this my Pure Luxe foundation sample and a sweep of Prescriptives Magic liquid powder I look much less like I'm about to keel over!! Laughing
A thumbs up for this one!!!

Sorry, but I disagree! Spotlight is over-priced, and nothing to write-home about! I used to work for Lauder, years ago, and the product's $45 (CDN) price appauled me then, and now!

Antioxidants: you're getting minimal, and you're paying for the name & packaging.

Smart consumers buy Revlon Skinlights. Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I too was thinking it seems similar to Revlon Skinlights or MAC Strobe Cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:15 am      Reply with quote
I agree it's overpriced - I got it as a gift though! Very Happy

I will look into replacing it with Skinlights or Strobe if I ever need a smilar product again - thanks for that!!

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I too was thinking it seems similar to Revlon Skinlights or MAC Strobe Cream.

Has anyone ever used both of these? I found the skinlights to be a bit too glowy for day-time use, but have been wanting to try the MAC strobe cream. If there about the same then I won't mess with it. TIA!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I have never tried the Skinlights.
If you take a small sample pot to a MAC counter, they should give you a sample which lasts for a good few weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks rosebud!!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
just to add another player into the mix -- Kenzoki Creme qui fait belle (Cream with a sheen) from their sensuel line is absolutely gorgeous. it's a moisturiser that smells lovely and leaves a very natuural glow. it can be worn under makeup or mixed with it to make a very natural looking tinted moisturiser.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |