Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cruise & Holmes engaged
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone remember when Tom Cruise was in Thelma and Louise - before his ALLEGED cosmetic surgery to his face. There was something in the papers that Cruise went nuts about, some sitings of him and ahem other men Shock
So maybe having a woman on his arm at all times may be good for his image Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Was TC in Thelma and Louise? I know Brad Pitt was in it, I saw this movie and haven't seen a TC movie in decades! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Yes it was Brad Pitt Laughing How silly do I feel now Laughing But hey it's a full moon coming up Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, it looks like I missed out on the "TomKat" discussion on Friday, but I'd just like to take this moment to respond to Lianne:
lianne wrote:
...my boyfriend got mad when I complained about kenny getting married. he's so cute, til he takes the hat off and you see his bald head...
That's exactly how I used to feel about Dwight Yoakum. That man has the sexiest, smouldering eyes, but when I finally saw him without his hat, it kinda ruined the whole effect!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone see Tom Cruise on the Today show Friday, arguing with Matt Lauer about psychiatry and the prescription anti-depressants? I didn’t see the actual interview, but they replayed the relevant bits of it on CNN this weekend while they were talking about how the number one star in Hollywood is seemingly self-destructing before our eyes.

These links offer some discussion regarding Tom’s Today show blow-up:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050626/people_nm/cruise_dc_3

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/06/28/1107699.html

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/ny-etmatt0629,0,7940237.story?coll=ny-entertainment-headlines

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/27/film.cruise.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/27/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main704512.shtml

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0605/238796.html

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=26719

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200506/s1402006.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
He must be progressing up the Scientology ladder at break neck speed with all this preaching he does nowadays. Rolling Eyes
Read some story about him this morning going on about how he wants Nicole to attend the wedding to set a good example for the kids and to show that she and Tom are on good terms. All this raving in the press he's been doing lately saying that he's never been in love like this before and then he expects Nicole to turn up at the wedding to set a 'good example' to the kids. Does he really expect Nicole to forgive and forget that easily?
He should be the one trying to set a good example to his children by toning down his ridiculous behaviour of late. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
The man's a creepy short ass and no amount of money will make me think otherwise.

Unless he renounces scientology and decides to spend it all on me Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
The man's a creepy short ass...
Ummm, what's a "short ass"?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:17 am      Reply with quote
person who isn't very tall and has to make his women wear flats and stand in holes in films Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
person who isn't very tall and has to make his women wear flats and stand in holes in films Very Happy

short ass for the yanks short arse for the brits or an umpa-lumpa we have one of those at work Cool if he was my fella I may feel flattered that he's prepared to look like a dick in public....however it may also lead to things being called off. Neutral

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I am just so sick of him! He is just everywhere, TV, newspaper, radio, etc. His recent comment about psychiatry really p*** me off.

For some reason I just never like him. He is not my cup of tea. I guess I am a minority since he's a mega star.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Seems to me like he is the one who is on or should be on drugs (bashing Brooke Shields Rolling Eyes ) with all his erratic behaviour. Definitely a mid-life crisis Laughing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Tom Cruise was an odd one during his guest appearance on Oprah Winfrey....He seems to be unusually full of himself lately....I find him desperately uninteresting...
Pudoodles
sexy28
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I read on another forum that ALLEGEDLY he had tried to set up dates/interviews/meetings with Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Alba and Lindsay Lohan (and not forgetting Kate Bosworth who has already been mentioned in my other post). They are all quite young. Lindsay is only 18/19 for crying out loud. What on earth is he playing at?

The Tom Cruise Casting Call... Wink

What's next for him and Katie, their own 'reality' show? Laughing

I never did find him a very good actor. Just plays himself. His ex, Nicole has 1000x the talent he has.

How tall is he? I always thought that he wasn't that short just dated really tall women. Isn't Nicole like 6 feet or something?

And what's with his statements that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance? What Scientology makes him an armchair scientist? I don't believe in drugs either, not because there is no such thing as chemical imbalances but because of their side effects and overuse. And because imbalances are often nutritional.

What is that Scientoglists believe anyways? I never got what that thing was about.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
A weedy little plonker who is his own biggest fan. Never could understand what anyone see's in him.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
sexy28 wrote:
What is that Scientoglists believe anyways? I never got what that thing was about.

There is too much craziness involved for me to bother reading too much about Scientology but two of the most bizarre things I read about them is that they believe something about us having descended from clams and that people are inhabited by the spirits of aliens exiled to Earth by Xenu (an intergalactic warlord).
Oh yeah, and they are money grabbing freaks. Very Happy

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Any press is good press, since they both have new movies out. I saw War of the Worlds yesterday. Good effects. I didn't leave the theatre feeling "wowed" though.

He's really not my cup of tea, and I can't say that his comments about psychiatric issues (drugs, etc.) are sitting well with me. He is not a doctor, neurologist, psychiatrist, etc. He should stick to acting, not making loud, public statements about medical issues that he really doesn't know about.

Example: would he rather see a bi-polar or schizophrenic ... even severely, clinically depressed person out in public? Would he feel safe around a manic person, who was not on their drugs? Probably not. Perhaps he thinks that Scientology will help all mental illnesses, correct their progression, etc? Whatever! Rolling Eyes His comments, in my opinion, are irresponsible and dangerous.

Re: his third marriage. "Three times, lucky?" Dunno. Gay? Perhaps. He's an actor. He acts. We get absorbed in the lives of people like himself. Media diversion, momentarily, from Brad and Angelina.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
A weedy little plonker who is his own biggest fan.
All right, GG explained what a "short ass" was, but what the hell is a "weedy little plonker"? I swear, I need to get a British-Slang-to-American-English conversion dictionary....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:10 am      Reply with quote
weedy as in small and plonker as in total idiot. Sorry all those non Brits we forget that some words are not universal. I was going to use a word that is universal deleting the 'plo' and adding 'wa' but I thought that might be deemed as rude.
Carrie I will get Guapa to write you a dictionary, I am sure she has nothing better to do. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
anyone else think he looks ratty?

don't tend to watch his movies because he's in them, did think born on the 4th of july was a good film.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
The behavior I have seen from Tom Cruise on television is odd. He acts like he is on some big time drugs. If he is not on them he needs psychiatric help and something to calm his act down. Bad Grin Just sick of all the media on him.
sexy28
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I don't care for Tom Cruise, but I do think dissing on people because of their height is kind of mean. It's just their genetics. It's as mean as dissing on someone for having a big nose like Barbara Streisand. Neither one is their fault. Maybe I'm just sensitive because my husband's on the short side. It's not a character flaw. I'm not taller at least though like Katie, unless I wear big heals.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:12 am      Reply with quote
sexy28 wrote:
I don't care for Tom Cruise, but I do think dissing on people because of their height is kind of mean. It's just their genetics. It's as mean as dissing on someone for having a big nose like Barbara Streisand. Neither one is their fault. Maybe I'm just sensitive because my husband's on the short side. It's not a character flaw. I'm not taller at least though like Katie, unless I wear big heals.

Fair enough, Point taken Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
anyone else think he looks ratty?

Oh ya, good description, he does look 'ratty'! Like an arrogant, smug, rat.

I saw a bit of the Today Show interview online here, he doesn't answer the questions and he can't string together an intelligent, articulate sentence. Very narrow minded and quotes what he's been programmed to say. It's sad really. Sad Katie has been blinded by his massive fortune I'm thinking. Plus his publi over-the-top declarations of love, it's very manipulative imo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Sexy28
I myself am the huge height of 5ft. I didn't mean small in height by my comment I just meant small in personality so please do not think I am sizist. I have lived with 'vertically challenged' and told I have 'ducks disease' jokes all my life I guess I am not easily offended.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |