Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cruise & Holmes engaged
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sexy28
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry. Embarassed

I guess since even the media makes fun of him for his height I just assumed that. Someone said something about making women wear flats around or him something. He doesn't seem to care though. My husband doesn't care either, I'm more sensitive about it then he is. And I'm normal height for a girl - 5'6"
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I think sometimes because we are communicating like this and therefore unable to see fsacial expressions, tone of voice etc it is sometimes easy to misunderstand what each of us is saying. I have a friend at work and we will read the same article and both have a totally different opinion of what it means.
I must try to remember this when posting.
I have the hots for mel Gibson and according to Guapa he is not that tall, but as I only want him lying down I really don't care. Wink

5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah even more so in writing. But I think even in person most people just hear what they want to hear. I know I do. Always reminds me of Joe Pesci's movie. "What do you mean I'm funny? Funny ha ha?!!" Bad Grin

Quote:
I have the hots for mel Gibson and according to Guapa he is not that tall, but as I only want him lying down I really don't care.
Laughing

Funny, there are no actors who I have the hots for. I don't know why. I find many of them very good looking, but they still don't do anything much for me. No single one in particular at least.
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know,what you guys think...but Tom is scary...javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Confused I mean,his Scientology thing,and his fake smile...Hes always pulling his girlfrinds behind him(verry dominant guy,btw...) im a little worry for the poor little Katie...javascript:emoticon('Anxious')
Anxious
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I saw him on the show "The View" and he was even more bizarre than he was on Oprah Winfrey...but not as wacky as he was with Matt Lauer on the Today Show....He practically blew his stack over Brooke Shields' use of anti-depressants to treat post-partum depression....He's behaving like an extreme cult member...makes me think that the scientology stuff is all madness..
Pudoodles
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Until he gives birth himself and suffers from post partum depression or gets his Phd in medicine, I really don't think he has any right to criticize.

Looks to me like he's self destructing right before our very eyes.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Dianne wrote:
Looks to me like he's self destructing right before our very eyes.
I agree. If he keeps up with this crazy sh*t, movie studios are going to be afraid to touch him for fear that the public will boycott his films because of it. In fact, I heard on CNN’s entertainment show that one major studio head blew his stack and refuses to consider TC for any future projects produced by his company because this guy’s own wife suffered from severe postpartum depression and it was only after she was prescribed anti-depressants and other drugs that she was finally able to get well.

Anyway, watching Tom Cruise self-destruct is like rubbernecking at a really bad car accident: you know you shouldn't look, but your morbid fascination wins out everytime!

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:00 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Anyway, watching Tom Cruise self-destruct is like rubbernecking at a really bad car accident: you know you shouldn't look, but your morbid fascination wins out everytime!

rofl Funniest thing I've heard all day - but it's *so* true! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:58 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
the public will boycott his films because of it.

I've never been a fan of Tom Cruise but over the past few years (and especially the past month or so) his crazy Scientology beliefs have really made me dislike him. I would never pay to go to the cinema and watch any of his films and even if one of his films is on TV I will switch over. He makes my skin crawl. Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing youre so right CareKate...I always say that(not in connection to Tom,im scared...The scientology-folowers are evrywerejavascript:emoticon('Anxious')
Anxious) But in german it even sounds more funnyjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just read that Katie is pregant with Tom's baby.... Rolling Eyes
That was fast...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Shock she looks like she could be his daughter Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
well that's hollywood. she said she wanted to marry him since SHE was a little girl
rofl rofl rofl she still is a little girl Shhh
Arrow lassie 1234
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
What happened to her pledge not to have sex before marriage???
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I hope for her sake she doesn't end up with post partum depression Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I just came back from vacation to this "news"! All I can say is good luck Katie! I think you'll need it...
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
I hope for her sake she doesn't end up with post partum depression Rolling Eyes

Ya, I remember him saying all you need for ppd is vitamins, exercise and fresh air. Rolling Eyes What a crock.

You know what's really odd, his next movie is set to open the exact same day Katie is due. I would not put it past Cruise to plan the whole thing. That girl too, what an idiot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I heard on the radio that those who follow Scientology - that when the women are in labor they are not allowed drugs, epidurals, and are encouraged not to moan, complain, scream, etc..... Embarassed They like the room to be silent....okeedokee then....

So Katie's going to have to push the Cruise spawn out without a hitch. Good luck with that, Katie!

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully she can handle natural childbirth, I don't know what would happen if she had to have a c-section drug free, is that possible?? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Lets see how long this marriage lasts. Laughing Katie is very young and most likely within a few years will move on to greener pastures (unless Tom beats her to it Bad Grin ). Quite the norm for Hollywood. Rolling Eyes
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I'm just cruel, but I'll never take Katie Holmes seriously as an actress with this whole Cruise/Scientology/pregnant-already thing.

If there's more people like me out there, I think she done gone and messed up her little career.

Same thing for me and Cameron Diaz. Just don't like that boy-band boyfriend. Let's hope she pulls it out in her new flick.

You have to admire the Jodi Fosters of Hollywood. Classy and quiet. She could be the whackiest person in the world, but at least I don't know about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
On my first job my office mate was a Scientologist. What a wacko. He went through the drills they taught him and would polk me in the back with his pencil when I wouldn't pay attention. I learned not to respond because when the first time I yelled at him he said it was good because "anger is a good level on the way to sainthood" and read me that level chapter from his book. He would go on and on about how he was his class president on LI and how he couldn't understand why I did not like him. He was good looking but totally wacko and wouldn't take no for an answer. When he started to grab me to make me pay attention I took to doing my work in someone else's office but it was one of the least pleasant years of my life. Anyone who wants to hook up with one of those has to be brain dead.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
...Anyone who wants to hook up with one of those has to be brain dead.
I hope this doesn’t anger and offend anyone, but that’s pretty much how I feel about most religious fanatics....

This is probably going to shock and/or anger a lot of people (since when have I ever let that stop me!), but I have to say that I am not afraid of many things in this world, but the one thing that terrifies me more than anything else on this earth are religious fanatics.

I'm not just talking about Islamic terrorists, or the Palestinian vs. Israeli crisis, or even the Indian vs. Pakistani conflict (I know the biggest point of contention is the argument about who owns Kashmir, but isn't there also an element of religious differences, too?). I'm talking about the homegrown religious fanatics that we have here in America.

Remember in 1978 or 79, that group of 900 American ex-patriots in Jonestown, Guyana who were members of "the People's Temple" who all drank Grape Koolaid laced with cyanide to commit mass suicide?

Then there was the group in southern California in the 1990s in which all of the male cult members performed self-castration before everyone in the group killed themselves (wasn't it by taking an overdose of quualudes or something??) in order to hitch a ride on the Hale-Bopp comet that was going to dock with a spaceship that was going to take them home to Jesus.

And of course there was the infamous "Branch Davidians" in Waco, TX who had a standoff with the U.S. federal agents and then set their home on fire because they'd rather have died than give themselves up...the Davidian members all believed that their leader, David Koresch (sp?) was the next coming of Jesus Christ.

And finally we have these nutcases who starved their infant children to death because "God spoke to them" and told them that their 18-month-old babies only needed breast milk to survive and thrive -- nevermind the fact that the mothers weren't producing any milk, and when the children started to wane, instead of taking the babies to the doctor or giving them something to eat they PRAYED that God would deliver them and naturally the kids starved to death. HELLO!!!!! God gave us plenty of Gerber's babyfood on the shelves down at the local groceystore -- you were supposed to go shopping for some strained peas and carrots and FEED YOUR BABIES.

And now I find out that Scientologist mothers are not only allowed to NOT seek medical help for post-partum depression (I wonder how many of L.Ron Hubbard's female followers who have given birth have actually harmed herself or her baby because she wasn't allowed to take an anti-depressant or something?) and they aren't allowed to express the excruiating pain of child birth? Next I'll find out that those poor woman aren't even allowed an epidural if they want/need it! Now you *know* damn well that it had to be a MAN to come up with some idiotic rule/s like that!!! Shock

I'm sorry. Embarassed You can see that stuff like that gets me a little worked up. And don't even get me started on the Palestinian suicide bombers or the terrorists who blow up hundreds (or, in the case of Sept 11, thousands) of innocent people in the name of God/Allah. I'm sorry, but God doesn't tell us to hate. That fault is strictly human.

So it's religious extremists who frighten me more than anything in the world. Afterall, when you believe that God (or whatever you call the Supreme Being in your particular faith) is on your side, you are capable of anything.

But please don't think that even though I cannot understand that kind of religious fervour or devotion, that I am not a Christian or that I don't believe in God because I am and I do!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! It's too bad we can't have this conversation over Starbucks. Smile We'd surely have alot to talk about. Me, well I have alot to say, but not quite sure how to type it. Shock

Katie and Tom can do their own thing, it's theirs to do not mine. Thank God I'm not an idiot. Cool Cool

I agree with alot of what you've said Carekate. I have finally understood that I alone cannot change the world (she's given up on her marter(sp) days). Not that you or anyone else here has implied that. Also, I finally have realized that man is his own worst enemy and that left to his own resources is a very vile creature. This is not to say that there isn't alot of good in the world..because there is an abundance. Very Happy

Scienctology, I have no interest in what it is. Sounds terribly quacky and out there just from the little I've heard. Good luck to Katie, that's for sure Shock I'd run far from Tom if it was me (damn he used to be fine). Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I just read that Katie was pregnant today on yahoo. I guess I do live under a rock Shock

I read this about the reasoning behind the the quiet rule.
The practice encourages mothers to be to forgo painkillers and to refrain from screaming or even talking as they bring their children into the world. Scientologists believe that the silence reduces trauma during birth and prevents irrational fears later in life.

All I can say is an Epidural keeps me real content and from screaming!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Well, I hope they let you strangle the father, at least! Gotta release the pain somehow. Brick wall

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |