Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dehydrated skin with acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm constantly battling acne so have to be careful with products I apply to my skin. However, my skin always has a very dehydrated look to it...it doesn't look plumped up, if you know what I mean. Of course, it doesn't help that I have acne scarring which makes this dehydrated appearance even more prominent.

Any suggestions for moisturizers, masks, etc.?
Anything I should eliminate from below?

I'm currently using:

AM:
MD Forte Cleanser I (only 3 times a week) or
Avene Gentle Cleansing Milk
Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel
Coppertone Oil-Free Faces SPF30

PM:
Clean & Clear Foaming Cleanser for sensitive skin
MD Forte Lotion I or LRP Active C
(After washing, I'm now using Camellia oil, which I found moisturizes nicely)

Exfoliators:
Boscia Polishing Grains

Mask (once a week):
MD Forte Hydra Mask or
Dr. H. Rejuvenating Mask
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!

You could try using a different cleanser to the clean and clear. You may go 'yuk', but olive oil is a really good cleanser and contrary to what you may think, doesn't make your face an oil slick. massage in a few drops, run a flannel under hot water and flannel off. If you are using it to remove make up, you may have to do it 2x.

In the morning, you may just try using water and a flannel and applying jojoba oil (2-3 drops warmed in your palms and patted on) after your B5. Jojoba is simelar to sebum and helps to regulate oil production. You may find the camellia is good for AM as well, but I know jojo is fine under make up.

You should also check the amount of fluid you drink

HTH, Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to suggest the b5 gel but I see you already use it. I'm surprised that you don't use anything afterwards though. Maybe that would help?

I also suggest using thermal water sprays. I use the one from LRP and quite like it. I use it in place of a toner and often during the day to freshen up my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
I was going to suggest the b5 gel but I see you already use it. I'm surprised that you don't use anything afterwards though. Maybe that would help?

I also suggest using thermal water sprays. I use the one from LRP and quite like it. I use it in place of a toner and often during the day to freshen up my skin.

Actually, I do use something after the B5 gel...the Coppertone Faces sunscreen. Still can't find a great moisturizer with sunscreen so for now, I'm using this. Smile
Mabsy

Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:34 am      Reply with quote
TOGirl75 wrote:
lianne wrote:

Actually, I do use something after the B5 gel...the Coppertone Faces sunscreen. Still can't find a great moisturizer with sunscreen so for now, I'm using this. Smile

I agree with Lianne - that was the first thing I noticed as well. You may find that this may very well be the culprit. If you have access to the Kosmea brand, they do a lovely moisturiser with SPF30+ in it. It's all natural as well. You can email the company for samples - Gemma is lovely and very helpful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I was also going to suggest a hyaluronic acid gel as well, but see you already use this.

Dermalogica's Active Moist is a great moisturiser for your skin type but doesnt contain an SPF. If you try it you may like it so much that you dont even mind that it doesnt contain an SPF.

Also, Sircuits (very heavily priced I might add) Molecular Mist is lovely and I find it quite moisturising. Its also quite cooling in the summer if you keep it in the fridge.

HTH

Farouk

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
SC or Cellex C's B5 serum is wonderfull for hydtrating oily skin. Also you can consider IS Clinical HydraCool.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |