Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How/When to use Vit C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am about to begin my Viver 10% Vit C routine first time ever and just want to get it right. Should i use it once or twice a day and if once, morning or night? If i use it in the mroning, should i avoid the sun in the day? Does it have skin darkening effects like Retin A if exposed to sun? Also, can i use it at the under eye area?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
mojocat,

Vit. C only has to be used once per day. Most of us use it in the morning before applying any other skin care product. Even though you are using a Vit. C product please do apply a suncreen. You do not have to avoid sun exposure as Vit. C therapy adds to your sun protection. Very Happy Where you are just starting using a C use sparingly around the eye area. You probably will be fine using the 10% around the eye area. If at all sensitive a 5% solution is the best starting point. Vit. C will not have any darkening effects like Retin A. You are protecting yourself from free radicals by using a C serum. Excellent choice in your skin care routine. Smile
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks vm Winnie!! I can't wait to start on it and reap the benefits!! Just one more question, If i use it in the morning under my make up and say wanted to remove my make up like 3-4 hours later, does that mean that i would be removing the Vit C as well...would i need to reapply then? Application in the morning works fine on weekdays when im working then it stays on till the end of the day...but weekends when i feel like a face rinse or something....does that mean i cant do that??
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
mojocat wrote:
Thanks vm Winnie!! I can't wait to start on it and reap the benefits!! Just one more question, If i use it in the morning under my make up and say wanted to remove my make up like 3-4 hours later, does that mean that i would be removing the Vit C as well...would i need to reapply then? Application in the morning works fine on weekdays when im working then it stays on till the end of the day...but weekends when i feel like a face rinse or something....does that mean i cant do that??

No worry...once you apply your Vit. C and it absorbs it stays with you and keeps working all day. So, don't worry if you have to wash your face mid day. Suggestion: After you apply your Vit. C in the AM wait about 5 mins. before applying anything else. I find this works best for me. Fully absorbed C = a happy face.
m
5% products discount

Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
how does one get the recommended 4-5 drops to spread entirely over the face and neck. doesn't it feel like you have not covered your entire face/neck? i am poor and cannot afford to use more than the recommended dose. it'd be nice to use less, in fact.
m
5% products discount

Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
store at room temp or fridge? thanks!!!! Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Not fridge, apparantly heat and cold are bad - room temperature I'm told
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:57 am      Reply with quote
hey guys!!! Is it better to use vit c at night,or morning?? somewere(i guess here) id heard,that you should use it at night... Is that correct?javascript:emoticon('Think')
Think
Mabsy

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Sweety Smarty wrote:
hey guys!!! Is it better to use vit c at night,or morning?? somewere(i guess here) id heard,that you should use it at night... Is that correct?javascript:emoticon('Think')
Think

Either way - some believe in using it in the morning and some believe in using it at night. I use it in the morning to help protect my skin from nasty environmental effects but a study has also shown that using it at night increases collagen production. Vit C can remain active in your skin for up to 72 hours - I just prefer it to be "at it's best" during the day Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin C will remain active in your skin for up to 72 hours, so you you will get the benefits morning or night. Darren recently said though, that putting it on at night might have a greater increase in collagen synthesis. I would recommend using it whenever it best fits into your routine.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Vitamin C will remain active in your skin for up to 72 hours, so you you will get the benefits morning or night. Darren recently said though, that putting it on at night might have a greater increase in collagen synthesis. I would recommend using it whenever it best fits into your routine.

Have there been any studies on the levels of its effectiveness during those 72 hours at all? I'm guessing the affectiveness will decrease - which is why I still prefer to use it in the morning. Darren - any input on this? Have you seen anything about this? TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I haven't read any; I have just read the usual half life is 72 hours... I agree with you though, that the effectivness must decrease, but really have no idea as to how much, and since I wear SPF 60 anyway, I am not too worried. Hopefully Darren will have the answer. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
thanks Mabsy and Faith!!! I think i will use it at night, cause i have much products wich i use in the morning, but nothing for night...
Thx!!!
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Great!! Will incorporate into my morning routine...i actually feel 4-5 drops is sufficient for my face and neck. Still not sure if i should massge it in or just spread it on my face though!!
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I read on one of the other threads & on my insert from J-B about it's C + C serum-you should NOT massage it in, but pat, pat, pat then wait about 5 min until it's absorbed. I didn't realize I'm only supposed to use it once/day
Winnie, is that true for C+C also-that'll save some bucks!
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maria,

JB does suggest that you pat your C&C on rather than massage in. I tend to smooth it on and let it absorb. Once a day is just fine Maria. There is no need to us a C Serum 2x's a day. I use C&C in the AM (not now as I spilled it on vacation Bad Grin ). Guess I have to use my CellularSkinRX for now....but do love the C&C. The most important thing is to use a C on your face EVERYDAY.

Winnie Smile
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie!
But since my post this morning-I did reread my C + C bottle & indeed it says to use it AM & PM-I don't want to overdo it-so which should I follow?
Perhaps we can flag Ian on this one.
I don't want to waste this precious "gold"-since it is golden in color!
Thanks,
Maria
Mabsy

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Thanks, Winnie!
But since my post this morning-I did reread my C + C bottle & indeed it says to use it AM & PM-I don't want to overdo it-so which should I follow?

There is definitely no need to use vitamin C serums more than once a day given that the C stays active in the skin for more than 24 hours. Perhaps the recommendation to use AM&PM is based on the other ingredients in it? Not sure....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
That's exactly what I was wondering-perhaps there is something else in the formula that makes 2x/day better-which brings up the question as to how much C & what type of delivery the C +C has?
Thanks for your input!
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Thanks, Winnie!
Thanks,
Maria

Maria,

I only feel the need to use C&C once a day (as I did any other C Serum). Certainly it can't hurt to use twice. My question would be: "What good would it do to use it twice a day. Question " As Mabsy said, C Serum's are known to stay active for 24 hours.

Perhaps you should contact JB. Maybe I am missing something. hmm
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie,
I will contact JB tomorrow & will report in on this forum.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Thanks, Winnie,
Enjoy your Sunday!
Maria

You know I would have done this for you Maria Smile I sent you a PM. As soon as I talk to JB I will find out the details for you.

Winnie
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
m wrote:
how does one get the recommended 4-5 drops to spread entirely over the face and neck. doesn't it feel like you have not covered your entire face/neck? i am poor and cannot afford to use more than the recommended dose. it'd be nice to use less, in fact.

I found it really hard to spread the skinceuticals one, but have no problem getting the cellularskin one to spread. You could also apply to a slightly damp face as well.

I always kept my C serum in the fridge, I wasn't aware of cold being bad for it Confused ...looks like another tweak will have to be made! Ethier way keep it dark and tightly done up

Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:41 am      Reply with quote
m wrote:

That really depends on the texture of the serum in my opinion. I have no problems with using just a little bit of the Vivier, CellularSkinRx or the Janson Beckett C&C - they all have a less watery texture with a bit more slip (some more than others). With the JB C&C I am currently using I find that just three drops is enough.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Thanks, Winnie,
Enjoy your Sunday!
Maria

Maria,

Did you ever find out how many times a day to use C&C. I also am only using it once. ShockI know you mentioned you saw on bottle to use two times a day. Do you think if I continue with once a day it will give me the protection I need? Almost at the end of my bottle. I am going to give Mabsy's Vivier 20 a go. So far have used Cellular Skin RX, JB's C&C. After trying Vivier I will decide on the keeper. Hope Cellular Skin wins my vote do to the nice price tag.

Thank you Maria,
Jona
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |