Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Should I get my car windows tinted?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
m
5% products discount

Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Will doing this block out UV? Otherwise I'd rather not bother. When I'm driving to work and stuff sometimes I like try to put my arms or face in the shaded part towards the center of my car. I figure this is kind of stupid, especially since UV rays are being reflected from all surfaces and there is no escaping them. But will tinting my windows dark be any help at all? Wink
Mabsy

Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Well timed question! I just picked up my brand new car this morning and it has the darkest allowed tint on the windows - as did my previous car, and the car before that, and the one before as well. Window tinting does block out UV but I don't think all window tinting is the same. You'd really need to check what type of film is being used. Also, be aware that window tinting is only allowed on side and rear windows - not the front windscreen (at least in Australia). The front windscreen is likely to be the source of most of your "unescapable" sun while you're driving though.

However, other very good reasons for tinting your car (particularly in hot sunny climates) are that it protects the interior from fading and also keeps the car cooler. I also look at it from the point of view of security - with the tinted windows at the moment it's actually quite difficult to look into the car to see if there is, say, a black laptop bag lying in the back. Oh yeah, it also looks nice Smile

Now, does anybody want to buy a 2yr old Astra in excellent condition and with darkest legal window tint? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
[/quote] Now, does anybody want to buy a 2yr old Astra in excellent condition and with darkest legal window tint? Laughing[/quote]

Mabsy, thats shameless Laughing

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:34 am      Reply with quote
farouk wrote:

Laughing I know! I'll ship it to you though! It'll only cost a few grand and take a few months Rolling Eyes The steering wheel on the right side might make things interesting though - but it should be fine for you UK folks Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
You're not gonna believe this, but in California and a bunch of other states, tinted windows are illegal !!!

The reasoning is that it is a safety measure for police, so they can see what's going on inside a vehicle when they approach it. Welcome to the civilized world...
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
This is weird...but as we speak my hubby is having his car windows tinted! We are in Florida, and the "tint experts" come to your house to apply tinting if you did not get it done when you purchased the car.
You can have tinted windows here but there is a darkness limit. I'm not sure about the sun issue, but the fading issue is important here as well as glare and heat! And...it looks cool (even on my Honda)!

Joani

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
farouk wrote:

Laughing I know! I'll ship it to you though! It'll only cost a few grand and take a few months Rolling Eyes The steering wheel on the right side might make things interesting though - but it should be fine for you UK folks Wink

I suppose its even more shameless that youve been driving an Astra Very Happy ! Im happy with my Peugeot 206 thanks. The next time I upgrade its going to be my dream car (in the realistic price category) the BMW X5, but thats a loooong way off yet.

What did you get yourself? Was it a treat for completing your PhD? Hey, when you do they'll be 2 docs in the forum!

Farouk

5% products discount

Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
wow Mabsy you're getting a Ph.D.? What in? When do you finish? That's great and congratulations. Who's the other Ph.D./M.D./D.O. on this forum? I start an M.D. program at Georgetown University School of Medicine(Washington D.C., USA) in August and I was thinking I may not have time to put on sunscreen each day because I may be too tired and rushing to class, plus most students walk to class or ride their bike. I guess if it's really a priority (I'll find out soon enough), I'll make time for it. I am one of those people that has a hard time getting started in the morning, and I remember in college it was kind of hit or miss if I was motivated enought to put on sunscreen in the morning, or even eat breakfast (I use to go back to my dorm after first period and put it on real quick in between classes). For the past two years I've been working a lower stressed job so I've always had time in the morning to do my thing.

-- Now I'm thinking I should spend the extra cash and get my windows tinted. Thanks for the advice everyone. Very Happy
m
5% products discount

Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I guess the other doc must be Farouk judging from his signature. I missed that earlier. What did you study Farouk?
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
m wrote:
Oh, I guess the other doc must be Farouk judging from his signature. I missed that earlier. What did you study Farouk?

Hey there

I studied Medicine. Ive literally just finished actually. I graduate in a few weeks. I guessed you studied Med too? I think in the future Ill do an MD too, possibly a PhD as well because at the moment im thinking I might go into academic emergency medicine. We'll see where the wind takes me though.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
farouk wrote:
I suppose its even more shameless that youve been driving an Astra Very Happy !

Woa! I'm seriously expecting an apology for that one! Astra is a great car and far superior in handling to the 206 IMO. I test drove a few cars when I was buying it and the Peugeot was one of them. Besides that, if you saw the specs on my Astra you would blush! Razz

farouk wrote:

What did you get yourself? Was it a treat for completing your PhD? Hey, when you do they'll be 2 docs in the forum!

Nope, the Astra was what I got myself after I finished my PhD Wink Or somewhere around that time I think. The PhD is long finished and long forgotten (by me). The car I got yesterday is a Subaru Impreza.

m - I have a PhD in computer science Embarassed Good luck with your MD!!!

Btw, I'm sure there are more docs on this forum - it's just not something that comes up in regular conversation. Kiwigirl is also a Dr as of early this year. There must be others lurking around as well... they just hide it well! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hope you sell your car Mabsy- like Astra but too poor to purchase until after I finish University.
Speaking of which, hoping to start a PhD next year...in psych, so will be good!

Best wishes to all

maddy
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - forget apologies - forget everything - a Subaru Impreza - You lucky cow!!!

I think im coming to join your firm because there obviously paying you silly money Laughing !! Theyre ridiculously priced (as is everything else over in the UK). Ever since we had success with Subaru in the WRC Championships their popularity increased and prices soared - its now around £16,000.

Id love to drive a Subaru - theyre so powerful, come to think of it Mabsy it is a bit boy racer - you must be a speedy diva!

Happy racing,

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Farouk,

You think 16,000 pounds is expensive for an Impreza? Try buying one in Singapore! It's easily twice that amount or more!
Mabsy

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what to do with you Farouk! I'm either a nice person but you hate my car, or I'm a cow but you love my car... I just can't win! Rolling Eyes Laughing

For what it's worth, I have never liked the look of the Imprezas and I still don't (I'm such a sucker for "packaging" Embarassed ). This is why I did not test drive one when I got the Astra. Someone at work managed to convince me to test drive one this time around and it was so much better than anything I had ever driven before. The only thing that comes close (in the rain) is the 3.28. If I'm being 100% honest the window tint was mostly a "cosmetic" decision - although I have gotten it for all the right reasons in the past Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - I love you really im just majorly jealous! Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |