Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bracelets
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Am I the only one with the problem? I just bought a very nice two-tone gold bracelet, and I tried to put it on yesterday. Except that I am right-handed. Just try to put on your right wrist a bracelet with a lobster-style clasp with your left hand... Am I condemned to wear that bracelet only when my husband is around to help me put it on? Crying or Very sad
Any idea on how to get around it? Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Change the clasp. Who invented those stupid lobster fastenings anyhow?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
It is supposed to be the best clasp. And, if I bought a new bracelet, it is because I lost one while working out. So, I want the most secure clasp. But not to the point of not being able to put it on without help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
You know they sell this thing called “the bracelet buddy,” right? It’s sorta this long, thin rod with a pincher-clasp on the end of it. You put the “eye” of bracelet clasp in the pincher and hold it across your wrist, so you can easily squeeze the spring-clasp or lobster claw. You can buy them at places like Walmart, in the “fashion” (i.e.: custom) jewelry section, for a couple of bucks. They also sell them (or used to) on QVC and HSN, but I think they were around $12-$15.

I know I made a hash of explaining how the bracelet buddy works, so here’s a picture of it, which will hopefully make things more clear: http://www.solutionscatalog.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=81&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=29&iSubCat=28&iProductID=81

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. I just clicked on the link I posted, and it returned a java-script error, but if you type “bracelet buddy” into the search field on that webpage, it’ll return a link for the bracelet buddy that actually works.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I am impressed. I didn't know that such a thing existed.
Now to the next challenge: finding it in Canada. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Change the clasp. Who invented those stupid lobster fastenings anyhow?
Another recent invention, along with the Bracelet Buddy, is the "magnetic clasp" which is real handy for folks who have problems with bracelets like Linnie, or elderly ladies who like to get all gussied-up to go to church or the hospital, but who's gnarled hands can no longer manage to fumble with traditional spring-ring or lobster claw clasps. I make fashion jewelry as a hobby, and I've actually used those magnetic claspes on some of my pieces and while they are very strong and seem to be sturdy, I don't know if I would necessarily trust a magnetic clasp to some high-end, expensive piece of gold jewelry.... Confused

Linnie wrote:
Linnie - I have seen bracelet buddies (not the actual brand, but the same "device") at a bunch of different Walmarts (in the fashion/costume jewelry section), so if you guys have Walmart's up there in the Great White North, that's where I would check first.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Linnie wrote:

You could probably find one on Ebay. They seem to sell just about everything. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I already saw a few for sale on E-bay. I will check my local WalMart today.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I went to my local WalMart, the associate at the jewelry counter had never heard about such a thing. She directed me to the sports department. Confused
But I just bid on one for sale on E-Bay. Wish me luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:27 am      Reply with quote
If you don’t win the bid, I can pick one up for you at my local Walmart and mail it to you. Just PM me if you need to go that route.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |