Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone had eyelift surgery?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
If so, can you relate your healing experiences? I'm wondering if there is something that's recommended for superior wound healing, etc. Thanks!
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Anyone? Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I had a cyst removed from my upper eyelid and they tightened both at the
same time because one would look funny good while the other was droopy.
It healed very quicly and I recommend the seditive/local route. I do have a slight scar on one lid (after one year). I do not recommend doing t he lowers. The scar would be visible and I saw one person who ended up puckery.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I had my lower eyelids done a year ago. I'd had bags all my life and finally decided to "treat myself" Very Happy Every person heals at a different rate. In my case, I still had some bruising after a week (although I successfully covered them with a concealer). It took about 5 months for the tiny scar under the lower eyelashes to completely disappear. However, I was warned that it would take approx. 6 months to look "normal" again.

HTH

Anya
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Everyone is different although I haven't seen anyone who has had cosmetic surgery with completely invisible scars (my dd goes to a well known private school and a large fraction of women have had something done). The trick is hiding slight marks. This is harder on the lower lid. I've had much additional surgery (not cosmetic) and a scar revision surgery which also made the original scars better but not invisible. I have light skin so I should show scarring less than most people. I am in favor of some types of plastic surgery but I think it is important to have realistic expectations. I still, after a year, have faint white lines on my upper lids and on one eye a slight bump. I'm glad I did the operation but these lines are in the crack of my eyelid so they are easy to hide. They show more in the summer when even though I use ST lotion I have a deeper skin tone (despite light skin I tan extremely easily).
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for answering!

I had an upper eyelift this last Wednesday! I must say I'm thrilled so for but I realize a have a LONG way to go.

I've been sleeping with my head elevated and icing with frozen baby lima beans like crazy! Doctor also prescribed a topical that I apply to the incision four times daily. Every day I see improvement. Mostly, it's swelling that needs to be contended with. I hear it could take six months for it to completely leave and an entire year to see the ultimate result.

I've been putting this off for some time and finally just did it!..I researched like a madwoman and found a great doc. So far so good. I realize anything can happen, though.

I was curious if others had any stories to share. Smile
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Red,
Here's a link to a great message board:
http://www.facialplasticsurgery.net/cgi-bin/forum/index.cgi
I go to the skincare board but I imagine the other boards oare just as good..lots of info & support.
Smile
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! Smile
ashleydcompton

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Eye lift or Eyelid surgery is the best option to enhance your beauty of eye.Eyelid Skin is the first to show the sign of aging. The bags under eye & wrinkled folds of skin can be removed by this surgery.Some of the famous eyelid surgeries are done in Dr. Kredistein Cosmetic Surgery Clinic at Toronto.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Ok, not a great story but...

I have that one of my eyes is open a bit less than the other- most people have that, some more than others.

I have had eye surgery TWICE already to tighten the muscle where my eyelid is.
First time, it seemed to work for a year and a half or so and...slowly went back to almost how my eyelid was before.

So again still had a slight uneven look again.
Went to have the same surgery again as I was told you can have muscle memory and need revision.

Again this seemed to work for about 2 years or so.

I was going to go have this done a THIRD time when the DR. I saw- who is sup to be one of the best in Canada and specifically does eye surgeries, but the Dr. moved his clinic to in hospital while it was outpatient before and when I was sup to go for my surgery no one in my family wanted to pick me up or wait for me, so my surgery was canceled.

I do not have family in my city, so now am trying to figure out what to do.

I have a scar on lid, one eyelid now and it looks more like a wrinkle kind of, but just on one eye.

*I did not have to pay for my surgery as it was not considered cosmetic.
But now I find as I am "getting older" my other eye is a tiny bid droopy and I know the gov't would just pay for one eye.

So now this is a strange situation.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |