Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

mineral makeup mania..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purple princess
5% products discount

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Surprised

this site lives up to its name!!

there are sooo many threads about mineral makeup, you can spend hours reading them all...

im using JI pressed powder Bisque at the mo, but i like to see what is out there ("the grass is always greener..")

im looking at the Cory cometics and they do such a wide range of shades (lots of light shades for pale people like me!!) they also do loose powder and cream stick foundation.

eds site has a lot to answer for (it so easy buying samples of minerals, and they are so cheap!)

it does take a while to get use to reading the mineral makeup mania site, but is best to search on the thread.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/mineralmania/start

5% products discount

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
$0.35USD for samples...which is 19p in GBP!!!!

CHEAP CHEAP Laughing

definately worth having a look..

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
purple princess wrote:
im looking at the Cory cometics and they do such a wide range of shades (lots of light shades for pale people like me!!) they also do loose powder and cream stick foundation.

I got loose base samples from Cory Cosmetics a couple of months ago. I ordered the palest colours and I must stress that they are VERY pale. You would have to be ghostly white to suit the palest shades.
They seem to be more highly pigmented than some of the other brands I've tried and so I had real difficulty in applying the product successfully. Still, if you are looking for heavy coverage then they may work for you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
purpleprincess - I'm not a foundation wearer but the JI bisque pressed powder has caught my attention before. How do you like it? How is it applied?

I'm too lazy to read all of the postings about MMU Embarassed -- what's the difference between regular powder and MMU foundation?
purple princess
5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Toe - what shades did you order from Cory? and what are using at the moment? (sorry for being nosey!!)

ive ordered the lightest to medium in the warm(yellow)range and again in the neutral (olive) and the lightest in peach (pink &yellow). on the site they say use a tiny amount (pinch of salt)

m.april - the bisque pressed powder is classed as a neutral on the JI site, i apply it with the flocked sponge (you can buy on eds), it is nice and light, but im not sure if it makes me tooo pale (i never knew that could happen!!) sometimes when i catch my reflection ie:shopwindow - im not 100% sure on this one, warm silk (too yellow) made me look dirty and the light beige (too pinky) so i need just a "hint of yellow" not orange!!

mineral makeup is better for the skin, especially if your skin reacts to ingredients. "Non-comedogenic, will not block pores
Virtually no allergy risk
Broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection - SPF 20
Anti-inflammatory, helps to calm and soothe irritated skin
Very water resistant rating by an approved FDA lab
Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness following treatments like chemical peels and laser resurfacing
Contains no fillers
Composed of inert minerals that cannot support bacteria
Environmentally aware and not tested on animals"
the above is taken from JI website, there are soo many different brands out there, you may want to check each brand and see which is best for you.

sorry for the long post Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I just recently discovered Cory, and I must say I really LOVE these products!!

They are indeed very pigmented, so a little goes a long, long way. So many stunning colors to try; so little time.... Laughing Laughing

Go ahead, order a bunch of samples to play with and have fun, fun, fun!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:47 am      Reply with quote
purple princess wrote:
Toe - what shades did you order from Cory? and what are using at the moment? (sorry for being nosey!!)

I got samples of the Frosted Cream, Dreamy Cream (warm tones) and Creamed Peach (Pink & Yellow tones). They were all too pale for my skin. I tried JI Bisque too and to my eye the Cory samples I ordered were all paler than the Bisque.

At the moment I am still using up some of my samples from BareFaced Minerals and Pure Luxe. The samples are always so generous they last for ages! Very Happy
Creamy Natural (neutral tone) from Pure Luxe is a great match for my skin tone.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi toe

im also eyeing up the pure luxe range, did you try the cream or the powder??? do the colours come up lighter than they appear on the website?

argh, there is too much choice!!

also i put this thread in the wrong forum, it should be in product forums, is it possible to get it moved? who should i ask?

thanks

pp

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I tried the powder foundation from Pure Luxe. May try the cream at a later date. Smile
I think that the colours are lighter than they appear on the website.
From Pure Luxe I got samples of: Creamy Natural, Ivory and the Line Eraser.
The Ivory shade is very pale.

(BTW, I think the thread has been moved to the correct forum. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I thought this thread was originally in Product Reviews).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Oh you girls are terrible - now I've been forced to order some samples from Cory in my quest to find the 'perfect' shade (I love Youngblood Minerals but the lightest shade is a bit too dark now my freckles have faded and got a lot less of them (hurrah thanks BadBird for the Sunblock advice!) so you can now see that my skin is ghostly pale Laughing !!!).
The JI Bisque is too dark for me so I've ordered a selection of the 'lightest' colours plus one 'light' so I'll have to see how I get on.
I also ordered the 'Unite' natural foaming cleanser for my OH and the 'Blossom' version for me as they looked lovely and at $12.99 a bargain!
Ohh I LOVE shopping!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
The JI Bisque is too dark for me

Shock
Wow! You are pale. Have you tried the Ivory from Pure Luxe? I vaguely remember you mentioning in another thread that you were considering getting samples from Pure Luxe. That's a lot lighter than JI Bisque.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:58 am      Reply with quote
ok, i have now ordered creamy natural/ivory/warm cream and buff in powder form from pure luxe.

that should do me for the moment....(until i find another range im interested in!!!)

i can't wait for all my samples to arrive Laughing

pp

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Toe,
Yes I have a sample of the Pure Luxe Ivory and whilst the colour is good the cover is a little matte/flat for me (I like the glow you get from other brands if I could only get the colour!!)but I think that may be because its so pale!!!
I'm hoping the Cory minerals will be a bit more like the texture of the JI/YB but nearer in colour to the P Confused L!!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |