Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your skin type and which sunscreen do you use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, we've had so many threads about so many sunscreens all over the place for so long. I thought it might be useful to put together which ones suit which people. Age, skin type, skin problems would be useful to know.

I'd like to get the ball rolling myself, but I just can't find a sunscreen I like Crying or Very sad, though I'll have the chance to do a lot more sampling when I'm in the UK soon.

So, please go ahead and tell us. - thanks, Molly
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am on my 3 bottle of LRP FE 40. I think it does clogged my pores as I have more blackheads on my nose. Still searching the the perfect s/s.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm normal/combo and love the Shiseido spf 55 lotion for summer and the cream for winter. The PPD is only around 9 though so I'm going to try the Bioderma (Photoderm)Bio Lait spf 30/PPD 20 and the Anthelios Fluid Extreme spf 40 next.
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my 2nd bottle of LRP FE SPF60, and I have 4 more bottles in my drawer. Smile I'm spot prone but the FE has not given me any trouble. I make sure that I remove it thoroughly at the end of the day. It has doubled up as my day moisturiser. I love the stuff!

I'm going to try the Bioderma SPF100 Emulsion (PPD31) next when I can get my hands on it.
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have normal/oily skin. I am currently using 2 sunscreens: Shiseido Anessa Silver 50 SPF, and La Roche Posay Anthelios Fluide 60 SPF. I like both OK, though still searching for my favorite sunblock...
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

I think because of my preference for natural sunscreens, my options are seriously limited!! And because of my locality, my country does not stock many natural brands in shops.

I have tried DH sunscreen only on the back of my hands and already it feels too greasy.. And the idea of using a mineral powder on top to mattify just is too much for my skin.

I am in my late teens, with sensitive oily skin. I get small blackheads easily with heavy products. So far this year, I have avoided using sun screen completely (I know, very bad). But I have olive-toned skin, so even my current sunscreens Living Nature Wild Pansy, and Absolutely Natural SPF30, leave me looking like a ghost for a good hour or so...

So I am too still searching for the ultimate ss.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I use Clinique's Active White Labs s/s. It's hard to find but can be purchased from gloss.com. It's great for my reactive skin and seems alittle tinted (although the packgage doesn't describe it as that). I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin types, it's somewhat moisturizing. For me it works well. Very Happy No breakouts either!

Skin type on my signature line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Ombrelle/SPF60. It has the mexoryl(spelling?) in it and is only $14 off a canadian website. It is OK. I'll blind you if I don't dust powder over it( very shiny)but it doesn't break me out and kind of makes a good makeup base. ( Can only wear minimal makeup on top)

I just ordered LRP Fluide Extreme, tho. I'll try that as soon as my Ombrelle is gone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
On my face I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer (untinted) SPF 30. So far I really like it. It is light and doesn't make my face feel greasy. It soaks right in, and I can apply my make-up within a couple minutes.

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm currently using LRP's Fluide Extreme XL Spf 60 for my face, neck and hands. For the rest of my body, I go with Ombrelle SPF 30 with Mexoryl (LRP is just way too $$$ to use all over).

Thanks,
Katie
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the LRP FE SPF 60. Just finishing my first bottle. Guess it's lasted about a month.

My skin is lightly oily and sensitive. Have had no trouble with breakouts using the LRP.

Molly, I've read a post or two where you've voiced concerns re: needing to use oil to remove this product. I absolutely have not had to use anything other than my regular milky, light and probably generally ineffective facial cleanser.

I have posted in the past about having to use oil to remove some Shiseido 50+ somethingorother. They actually sell a "special" product for removing their 'screen. It's...mineral oil. Rolling Eyes Didn't know when I bought it. Promptly returned it. Just won't use oil like that on my face. Ew.

I mention this because I'm not sure if you haven't tried LRP for fear of the of possibility that you wouldn't be able to remove it. Laughing If you have tried it and it wasn't your cup o' tea, do disregard the above.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I use LRP FE 60 too!! and no break outs for me. I don't have oily skin though... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, thank you for all the replies. I think it's really useful, for me at least. Keep 'em coming Cool

Hi Tea, no I haven't had a chance to try it. I've already got a drawful of stuff I can't use so I've stopped flying it in, but I'll have a lot of things available to me soon so it's useful to know that you've had no problems with washing it off. - thanks
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me what's the difference between LRP FE and XL? Is one geared towards oilier skintypes, or no? One is better for sensitive skin? I'd like to try a European s/s but not sure what to try. I did sample a few of the Bioderma sunscreens earlier this year but they irritated my face and broke me out a tad bit. Thanks in advance! Very Happy

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
FE is more of a watery texture, very liquidy. There is a FE 40 and a FE XL 60. Then there is a whole category of XL s/s that are thicker in texture and some complain of whitecasts. There are a lot of differnt XL s/s from LRP. The latest rave on MUA is the Dermo-Pediatrics. You can go to makeupalley.com and read up on the reviews.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi gals, any idea on how I can get the products? I live in Australia and it's a bit hard to get those American skin care like LRP here. Any website??

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:10 am      Reply with quote
You can by LRP and Avene at http://www.bce-europe.com/ .

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I use Avene, the one in the spray bottle, SPF50 and have oily skin, I have never had breakouts from this and will be repurchasing when it runs out

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I use Biotherm Sun Fitness SPF15, which so far I really like Smile It does take awhile to sink in and not look shiny but it is a good option for me as it doesn't contain titanium dioxide which gives me a rash Shock With this product a little goes a long way, easy to spread and thin consistency.

Didn't like the LRP Anthelios Lait SPF45....too shiny and contains the dreaded Titanium Sad

------------------------
soon to be 30, slightly dry and congested (chin/nose/between eyebrows), mininal lines and sun damage
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I use Avene Lotion SPF 25 'no chemical sunscreen' with titanium dioxide and zinc. I tried Ombrelle (Canadian version) and it really irritated my sensitive skin plus the chemical sunscreen ingredients would be degraded by my mineral foundation so it would have been a waste of money, I never, ever go without at least a bit of foundation or concealer. The Avene is oily, it has glycerin in it so it's sticky and it's a bit white but it doesn't break me out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mtview,

Thanks for your reply!! I know I need to investigate the LRP s/s line and probably Avene's too. I just get so overwhelmed I don't know where to start. Confused Also the thought of spending $$$ on s/s that I may react too turns me off--like most people. Shopping over the internet can be horrid for returns. Is there anywhere to purchase samples?? Many thanks again!

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Lisa,

You can probably try the swap board on MUA. Some people put up used products and if you have nothing to swap, you can always offer to buy them. This way you are not paying the full price and hopefully get to sample a few. I just bit the bullet and ordered online Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Mtview,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've never swapped before on MUA although I know many do. Perhaps it could work for me as well as I have a brand new bottle of PTR Night Renewal Cream that I can't use. Yep, reaction to it. Crying or Very sad

**Off to MUA to check the swapping out*** Wink

Lisa

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm brand new here, but I have a great sunblock to recommend. I buy high end products, but the best sunblock I've found is inexpensive: Ocean Potion SPF 50 or 30. I buy it at the pharmacy for $6.49 for 6 fl. oz. The web site is opotion.com and I see they now have anti-aging sunscreens as well. The sunscreen lip balm is great also.

I've given this to several people and they all liked it except one person who had oily skin; it is very moisturizing (my skin is very dry and I am 48). The slight bubble gum fragrance goes away quickly.
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bad Bird wrote:
I'm on my 2nd bottle of LRP FE SPF60, and I have 4 more bottles in my drawer. Smile I'm spot prone but the FE has not given me any trouble. I make sure that I remove it thoroughly at the end of the day. It has doubled up as my day moisturiser. I love the stuff!

I'm going to try the Bioderma SPF100 Emulsion (PPD31) next when I can get my hands on it.

Bad Bird,

I have to warn you that the Bioderma SPF 100, which I used before I discovered LRP W SFP40. I will use it if I go on vacation to some tropical, sunny locale. For everyday use, I found it more heavy and greasy then the LRP. My own personal experience. Like you, I freckle/burn/spot very easily.

HTH!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |