Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
New products at Rosa Y Fruta - review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered the new custom products from Elizabeth. Here's what I ordered (the options I chose are in brackets)-
Lustre Moisture Dew - (camelia & jasmine) - Lovely light moisturiser - skin feels hydrated and fresh - great under a sunscreen as soooo light.

Cornucopia scrub/mask - (chocolate, red wine,tart cherry, blueberry) - this is weird - it looks and smells like hot chocolate powder and looks like choccy when you use it too! Is a bit messy to use but my skin felt fabulous afterwards - very smooth and very cool and cleansed. My only minor moan is that it comes in a bag which makes it a bit tricky to use and reseal but its a minor complaint.

Champagne Floral Water - (Damask Rose, Rose de Mai,White Rose) - This smells gorg and is very refreshing and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth - lovely to set minerals or freshen up too!

Nectar Face & Eye Serum (Sea Buckthorn berry,Wild Rose Berry,Blueberry) - A light oil/serum for eyes and face - lovely at night skin looks revitalised in the morning and as a bonus is antioxident too though on me its too rich for me to use under my SPF,however a dryer skin would love this in the day too I think.

All in all I was very pleased with my products they came beautifully packaged in violet/blue bottles (except the cornucopia which comes in a bag)and the lustre and nectar also came in a matching satin drawstring bag. That all came carefully protected in co-ordinated tissue paper. The products are a sensory experience too, smelling beautiful making the whole experience of using them one that feels very luxurious and pampering and they're all natural/organic too!!
I was worried about the customising but Elizabeth will guide you and advise and the choices have good explanations linked to them on the website so you can be sure to choose something suitable.

My overall opinion? Great products, great customer care! 10/10!!!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
My acne prone skin reacted horribly to these custom made products. I won't be ordering any additional products. There was some leakage in the package when it arrived. Smile As far as customer service is concerned, there was a delay in shipping due to some family issues. However, the owner addressed this delay by providing me with a discount on my purchase. I was happy about that.

Crystal
Mabsy

Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear that the new products are also very good. I'm just now finishing up my half jar of the Ambrosia de Rosa and liking it Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
SeaBush - Sorry to hear about your skins reaction to the products - just goes to show not every product suits every skin. What did you order?
Elizabeth will replace any damaged items if you let her know (you may not want her too though if you didn't get on with them! Very Happy )

I have to say that I used to have acne and I would'nt have used any oil based products on it for the same reason - whatever the blurb said as anything like that would flare it up.
Thanks to my Doc and good skincare my skin is now normal/combination and seems to tolerate most things (phew!).

I understand that Elizabeth had a bereavement which is what caused the delay in shipping.

I too got a 30% discount as a thankyou for being patient which was a nice gesture.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Lucia,

I was offered a replacement. I declined. I purchased her eye/face serum (blueberry, cranberry, seabuckthorn) I don't have plans to buy any products from her in the future. Has anyone with acne-prone skin used Rosa Y Fruta products? I'm wondering if they are really meant for normal, dry, and/or mature skin types.

Crystal
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Seabush,
What a shame - I'd be interested to find out if anyone has successfully used the RYF on an acne skin too?

On another note I had best results on my acne using MD Forte alongside my doctors treatment.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia,

My acne was under control until I started using RYF products. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I was hoping this product line of simple ingredients would work for my skin.

Crystal
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Nightmare - I had a similar reaction and flare up after trying Lush's 'Baby Face'Cleanser - my skin went mad and it took a while to settle down. I tried it because it was natural and hoped for the best (it has cocoa butter in it but I'd used Liz Earles cleanse & Polish which also has CB in and it was fine.)
Hope your skin settles down soon!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
seabush wrote:
Lucia,

My acne was under control until I started using RYF products. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I was hoping this product line of simple ingredients would work for my skin.

Crystal

I highly recommend another natural line if RyF doesn't work for you. Evan's Garden has an acne line that is wonderful. I bought it for my son who had terrible cystic acne. His skin started to clear after the first use. The nice thing is, you don't get dry using her stuff. I know she sells a sample kit if you want to give it a try. I think the address iswww.evansgarden.com Tell them Alexis sent you. She has some awesome products.

The RyF worked for me for a bit but then the results stopped. I was part of a test group that Elizabeth formed to see what results we would have with Organic Steamed Coconut Oil as a cleanser and moisturizer and helichrysum hydrosol to tone. She ended the study because some people became very dry using the coco oil. I didn't. For those of us who liked the coco oil, she gave us a great resource to purchase from. She said it would cost us too much if she supplied it. How often do you see THAT from an owner? I highly respect Elizabeth and her products. She is top notch, even when her products don't work for everyone!

Lexy
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lexy,

I was also in Elizabeth's dermatitis trial Very Happy Too bad the products didn't help me. I also agree with Elizabeth's customer service. She is the best!

Unfortunately Evan's Garden's trial kit gave me contact dermatitis. I tried the dry skin kit and my skin was not happy. I was able to sell the kit on MMM.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Mtview, Aha! So YOU were one of the super-sensitives that ended the study! Wink Elizabeth said there were a couple people who had problems so you're not alone!

All I know is that the Clarity line from Evan works great for my son. I used her regular line and liked that the oils and creams absorbed completely and left my skin like a baby's butt. Laughing Why did I stop using it? Well, I'm fickle for starters; decided that the exfoliating benefits weren't there for me.

I don't have super-sensitive skin but it does react badly to some products. I feel your pain. What does work for you?

Lexy
seabush
5% products discount

Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lexy,

I'm glad you've had good experiences with RYF. I asked the owner who her argan oil source was. She wouldn't say.

Crystal
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I've never used these products but I have to say that Lucia's review made my mouth water...... Laughing
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
I don't have super-sensitive skin but it does react badly to some products. I feel your pain. What does work for you?

Lexy

Hi Lexy,

To tell you the truth, I am still search for products that work for me. Sad

I am having the worst contact dermatitis on my face right now. Boo hoo! The search continues...

Btw, are you still devoted to IS Clinical products? Just spent the last hour reading through all 9 pages of the thread Laughing So tempting! Can you tell me what is the base of the serums? My skin doesn't like silicone at all Sad

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
sounds nice! thanks for the in depth review.
seabush
5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like she's added some new products.
seabush
5% products discount

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm back to post some positive comments about RYF. The serum didn't agree with my face but I have noticed improvements around my eyes.

Crystal
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, I'm always looking for some good eye products and I love dealing with ryf. What kind of changes did you notice? Thanks for sharing!
seabush
5% products discount

Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
Ooh, I'm always looking for some good eye products and I love dealing with ryf. What kind of changes did you notice? Thanks for sharing!

I purchased an eye/face serum. It was composed of seabuckthorn berry, cranberry, and blueberry oils. The serum didn't agree with my face but I have seen some improvement in terms of reduced wrinkles under my eyes.

Crystal
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow, sounds great! I can't wait until I have enough money saved up to order from them again. Wink
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucia

Just wondered what sun protection you use, as I have combi skin, but find some of the products too heavy?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Monalisasmiler - I use PSF Vit C serum then Avene SPF 60 (UVA60). I only use the lustre under the Avene though on my 'dryer' days as I find the Avene very moisturising and then only on my cheeks. I save the serum for evenings unless I am feeling dehydrated around my eyes then I use that around my eyes during the day too.
Like you I find that the RYF is too rich along with the SPF.
Hope that helps!

Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks once again Lucia, my list is growing Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |