Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Anyone here had a mole removed?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pulpfiction

Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I want to have a mole removed from my nose for cosmetic reasons, but i've been doing a lot of research on the net and now i'm nervous about the effects and scarring.

The mole is raised but very small.

I've heard of creams and things like that you can use, but i'm extremely skeptical of those things. Should I be? The only type of action i've considered taking is having it removed by a doctor, but if there's a less expensive alternative, thats reliable, that would be great.

Anyone have any advice or info?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
When I was in my twenties I had a mole removed from my cheek (good size). It was done by a derm with an excellent reputation. There was a little discoloration for several months. After that, not a sign. Very Happy Go for a few consults with a reputable doctor. I am sure you will be pleased.

I don't know of any cream that would remove a mole. hmm

Winnie
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pulpfiction

I don't want to scare you further, but someone posted just last week after having mole removal and it leaving pitts so I'd check it out with the doctor very carefully before going ahead myself. Here's the thread.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6829

We also had a discussion recently about removing moles with creams. I think using copper peptides fromwww.skinbio.com is a perfectly safe way to reduce or remove (they say a lot on their site about how copper peptides can reduce or remove - have a read), but as long as you check with a doctor first that it's not a dangerous kind of mole. I'm never sure which kind of moles it works for or doesn't work for. . You could email skinbio and ask them, perhaps send a photo. This would be a slower but less traumatic alternative to do it. I've only removed little bobbly moles on my neck this way, though others on my face 'seem' reduced.

Others say it's better just to go to a doctor and have it removed. The jury's still out let's say. but here's some more to read
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5868&highlight=mole

Molly
alliesd
5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I had a raised, 1/4" mole near the outer corner of my left eye and got it removed by a doctor in my late teens. There was only redness for a couple of months, but no scar or pit left behind whatsoever.
pulpfiction

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate it.

Do you think effects and/or treatment would be different for a mole on the nose as opposed to other parts of the face or body? Its a very small one, so any cream or ointment would be used in very small amounts I assume.

I've been reading the site Molly provided the link to and people seem to be satisfied with the results. Any suggestions on what the best product to try would be if I do go that route?

Again, i really appreciate the input. I've got to get rid of this thing!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I had a mole on my face frozen off. There was redness afterwards but it doesn't show now. I have a mole on the side of my forehead now. I treated it with salicylic acid which peeled it but it grew back. I probably will go to the MD just to check it out before I try anything again.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I have a really ugly mole on my neck & several other smaller ones in various places. I have been using CP'S which have been reducing the mole, but very slowly. I decided last week to see the doctor because I was a bit worried about the one on my neck which looks like it has an extra bit sticking out of it's side, the Doc said she thought it looked like I had knocked it ( I was so relieved)anyhow she has referred me to the hospital for it to be removed. It will probably be about two years before I hear anything from then, so meanwhile I will keep on using the CP's. I haven't helped but at least you know you are not alone. I think I would rather have a red mark than an ugly mole.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pulpfiction
I used TriReduction P&R with Retinol and Exfol Cream to remove the moles on my neck, very quickly - in several days. Different kind of moles to yours though I think. You could eliminate the Exfol if you have some AHA you prefer to use - any one will do. But I did this before they brought out Supercop/Supercop x2 (the very strongest copper peptide). I'm using that now on half of my face. The only trouble is it can be a bit irritating, itchy.

I'd suggest getting a sample of both the trireduction and the Supercop x2 and see which one your face can tolerate. It's just a mole so the samples will probably be all you need anyway.

Unfortunately Skinbio seem to have stopped their overly generous samples of these items, but you can still get them at Dianayvonne http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/179availablesamples/
Look under Skin Biology Samples and Skin Biology Special Treatments.

Loopy - my moles kind of puffed up and went a bit weird before they scabbed off so maybe it's a sign of something working.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
P.S to actually remove the moles it's no use using the CP/AHAs once a day, you need to really overpower them with it. I was attacking them 2 or 3 times a day.
beautyfashaddict
5% products discount

Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I have, on my forehead using some type of laser, went through 5 treatments, ended up with indentation and scar. Pigment not completely removed either. Sad
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Molly: When you say u used AHAs did you use a peel type with a low pH or the neutralized version? If you used the peel how long did you leave it on? When did u use the CP after the AHA or together?

Thanks.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky, It wasn't the peel type, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the rest of what you say.

This was a very mild AHA cream formulation which you can leave on overnight. In fact Skinbio did a glycolic one then, but now they only sell a salycic acid based one. They're very similar in terms of gentleness - I've used both. The salycic acid one is only 2%. I used to rub in a little of the salycic acid and then rub in a little TRIREDUCTION (Copper peptide) straight after. Here's a link to see the product so you can get an idea about the kind of thing I'm talking about, Exfol Cream http://www.skinbio.com/facialcreams.html

*edited because I said I rubbed in salycic acid and then (exfol) more salycic acid, which is wrong - it's salycic acid THEN the copper peptides. Exclamation
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Molly,
Thanks, I will attack more seriously. Only thing is I use vit c everyday and I know one cancels out the other, so I am not sure if I am fighting a losing battle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Loopy, can't you just avoid the mole with the C and attack more often? I know C's lovely and everything, but we're talking moles Laughing
pulpfiction

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi Pulpfiction
I used TriReduction P&R with Retinol and Exfol Cream to remove the moles on my neck, very quickly - in several days. Different kind of moles to yours though I think. You could eliminate the Exfol if you have some AHA you prefer to use - any one will do. But I did this before they brought out Supercop/Supercop x2 (the very strongest copper peptide). I'm using that now on half of my face. The only trouble is it can be a bit irritating, itchy.

I'd suggest getting a sample of both the trireduction and the Supercop x2 and see which one your face can tolerate. It's just a mole so the samples will probably be all you need anyway.

Unfortunately Skinbio seem to have stopped their overly generous samples of these items, but you can still get them at Dianayvonne http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/179availablesamples/
Look under Skin Biology Samples and Skin Biology Special Treatments.

Loopy - my moles kind of puffed up and went a bit weird before they scabbed off so maybe it's a sign of something working.

Hey, thanks. I think i'm gonna give that a try. How did it look after it scabbed over? Normal? Do you think the sample would be enough to get it off cleanly? I only have on mole to take care of, its very small, black, and protruding. Its on my nose though, so im not sure if that complicates anything.

Again, appreciate all the input.
pulpfiction

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Also, whats an AHA? And how would I use the exfol cream, trireduction, and supercop when i got them?

Are these things the items featured to sell on this site? http://www.skinbio.com/quickmoles.html
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pulpfiction
AHA is short for alpha hydroxy acids, sounds alarming, but in fact it means a chemical exfoliant (usually glycolic or salycic acid). These remove/dissolve dead layers of skin, gently or heavily depending on the % used in the formulation. It's like using a grainy scrub except it only targets dead or damaged cells.

These are the same products as featured on the quickmole page, but if you get them through Dianayvonne you can still get sample sizes which are enough.

Instructions: cleanse, rub in a little Exfol on and around the mole, then rub in a little trireduction OR Supercop2 (both are strong copper peptide products). Do this 2 or 3 times a day.

Good luck,M
sexy28
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Is there another brand of good quality copper peptides that is more pure? I'm ok with the idea of copper peptides, but I don't like the list of other ingredients in that brand. Tons of stuff that I would never touch in regular skin care products.

Does any of this stuff work on flat moles?

Has anyone tried just using castor oil and baking soda to remove moles? Has it worked?

I had a rather large mole removed below my breast. They cut it out and stitched it up. Well it ended up with a huge scar. It is raised just as large and puffy as the mole was, but strange looking scarred skin tissue of regular color. Actually a bit lighter then the rest of the skin. And then later some lighter dark pigment came back in in the center of it. They sent off to their lab after they removed it and it turned out to be totally fine. Also this was like 15 years ago and occasionally I still get pains in it. It's like a sharp heartburn kind of acid pain, but just right where the mole was removed. I used to get them a lot. Now it's rare but still happens sometimes. Especially if I concentrate on it. It always feels a little off.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sexy, I wonder what ingredients in Skinbio's CP's you're referring to because it seems to me from their whole outlook that their products are designed with healthy skin in mind unlike some other companies which might think more about selling points like making the product nice to use.
sexy28
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm referring to controversial ingredients like propylene glycol, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, bronopol etc. http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemical.jsp?Rec_Id=PC33737#Toxicity
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp96.html

Just ingredients that I would look for in products to avoid.
http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/SB710
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sexy, I had a quick look at your pages and was immediately baffled. I'm not a chemist and I don't know enough to make a judgement about these chemicals, though I'm suspecting from discussions we've had here before that the actual quantity of these things is relevant - for example anything can be considered carcinogenic if you have enough of it.

Certainly you have to keep your wits about you when purchasing products, but in the end I think you have to place your trust in a company. This relates to the Titanium Dioxide question in the other thread too. I trust Skinbio and probably Greenpeople too. It seems to me that neither would put something dangerous in a product it would be business suicide.

That's why the question of micronised titanium dioxide concerned me so much because I trust Skinbio and they seem to think skin penetration is possible.
sexy28
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
That's not true. Not everything is highly toxic or irritating. Blueberries are not.

I would never put my trust in a company and give away power and personal opinion and information. Knowledge is power. Research each ingredient and process on it's own, and if it sounds ok with you, then go ahead with products that contain it. I wouldn't just blindly trust whatever a company decides to put in their products though. They might not agree with you, your skin or your internal body.

Here is some more straightfoward information, take what you want from it.

http://www.personalhealthfacts.com/personal-care/

"Propylene glycol (PG) is a petroleum derivative. It penetrates the skin and can weaken protein and cellular structure. Commonly used to make extracts from herbs. PG is strong enough to remove barnacles from boats! The EPA considers PG so toxic that it requires workers to wear protective gloves, clothing and goggles and to dispose of any PG solutions by burying them in the ground. Because PG penetrates the skin so quickly, the EPA warns against skin contact to prevent consequences such as brain, liver, and kidney abnormalities. But there isn't even a warning label on products such as stick deodorants, where the concentration is greater than in most industrial applications.
From Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS):
Health Hazard Acute And Chronic

INHALATION: May cause respiratory and throat Irritation, central nervous system depression, blood and kidney disorders. May cause Nystagmus, Lymphocytosis.

SKIN: Irritation and dermatitis, absorption.

EYES: Irritation and conjunctivitis.

INGESTION: Pulmonary oedema, brain damage, hypoglycaemia, intravascular hemolysis. Death may occur."

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:OcP_W7ToiXsJ:www.hallgold.com/toxic-chemical-ingredients-directory.htm+propylene+glycol+skin+care&hl=en&client=safari
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Blueberries huh?....well, you could try incorporating them into a skincare regime, but I have a feeling it might cause some staining. Wink

5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
if you go to a reputable dermatologist you'll be fine.
i had literally 3 moles removed, and at the time, the ONLY thing i did was, NOT GET IT WET, when bathing or taking a shower (mostly bathing easier to avoid watre)
one big one on the back of my neck, one half way down my right side under my armpit and one to the right slightly 3inches above my belly button.
tiny scarring is there, but i really don't think a better job could have been done, unless it was God himself lol...
I never put creams, took vitamins, or anything like the sort, just went on with my daily life.
i was nervous as hell but the moles made me a little self conscious.

best time to do it, is around fall/winter, when you don't sweat as much and temperatures are cooler...if you're somewhere where it's warm all year round, then that's different. Im in Canada and you know our typical ALL YEAR ROUND ESKIMO weather Rolling Eyes (it feels like 100F 38C...today btw)..enough digressing...you'll be fine as long as it's a reputable and good derm.
good luck hope it works out for you Smile
...fyi: he removed it with this laser type/pen thing...burned my skin at the time he was doing...and hated it, but it only lasted a few seconds...he used local anaesthetics to freeze the area up)
pulpfiction

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi Pulpfiction
AHA is short for alpha hydroxy acids, sounds alarming, but in fact it means a chemical exfoliant (usually glycolic or salycic acid). These remove/dissolve dead layers of skin, gently or heavily depending on the % used in the formulation. It's like using a grainy scrub except it only targets dead or damaged cells.

These are the same products as featured on the quickmole page, but if you get them through Dianayvonne you can still get sample sizes which are enough.

Instructions: cleanse, rub in a little Exfol on and around the mole, then rub in a little trireduction OR Supercop2 (both are strong copper peptide products). Do this 2 or 3 times a day.

Good luck,M

I ordered samples of Exfol Cream, TriReduction, and Supercopx2 late last week, so hopefully i'll get the samples pretty soon and I can try it out. I'll keep posting on the progress or lack thereof. Thanks again.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |