Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kool Aid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Do they still sell Kool Aid in the U.S?
Do parents really give this stuff to their children? Shock
My boyfriend bought some back from his last trip to Boston and he tried it last night. OMG!! He was bouncing off the walls.
He was being really hyperactive and behaving in a really strange manner. I had to keep telling him to sit still and calm down. It was almost like he was drunk but in an energetic way.
I can't imagine what kids must be like on this stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE Kool Aid. I haven't had it for years though, but I am sure that it is still around. Smile They also have sugar free Kool Aid now! When I was a kid, I was only allowed to drink this at birthday parties and other "special" things; it can't be any worse for kids than pop though!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I don't think he had the sugar free variety. I've never seen anything like it. He can drink fizzy drinks just fine but 2 glasses of this Kool Aid stuff and he was (in his words) 'buzzing'.
Perhaps it was the fact that he had 2 (large) glasses of it. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I grew up on Koolaid but wouldn't drink it now.
I just started buying it again recently to dye yarns. It works so well..brilliant colors and colorfast too if you do it right. Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes, they still sell Kool-Aid in the U.S., and most kids grow up on it. I drank a lot of it when I was a kid, and my 20-year-old son still drinks it to this day! If given the choice between the lesser of two evils, most parents would choose to give their kids Koolaid over soft drinks like Coke or Pepsi because at least Koolaid is fortified with Vitamin C. We always use the unsweetened kind of Koolaid, so that we could add our own sugar or sugar-substitute and sweeten it to taste. My all-time fave flavor of Koolaid is Black Cherry, followed closely by Tropical Punch. I refuse to drink the grape flavor though, because it always reminds me of that cult’s mass-suicide at Jonestown, Guyana at the “Peoples’ Temple” in 1979.

Do any of you remember that? It was something like 900 men, women and children who stepped up to their leader, George Jones, and accepted a glass of grape Koolaid laced with cyanide from him and swallowed it down right there on the spot. A few of the cult members tried to resist and run away, and they were shot in the back. I think what precipitated the entire event was the fact that the family members of one of the cult members complained about the cult to their local U.S. Congressman, and the congressman went down to South America to investigate the goings-on at the cult. George Jones put on a good, convincing show and the Congressman was satisfied and was going to return to the U.S. to tell the family that everything was fine, but the morning that the Congressman was going to fly back, the cult leader got a wild hare and decided to stage a mass suicide. As the Congressman and his entourage were climbing up the stairs of their chartered plane, they were all shot in the back by the cult leader’s henchmen. I was in the 5th or 6th grade at the time, and I remember seeing all of those bodies laid out on the evening news, row after row after row of families who drank the grape Koolaid and died together....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:20 am      Reply with quote
My husband was always fascinated with the Kool Aid pitcher - you know the clear one with the happy face? He said Kool Aid just tasted better out of it. ummmm.....should I get help for him?

I agree that Kool Aid is better than soda, but we buy Country Time Lemonade as our powdered drink of choice.

I also understand that many youngens use Kool Aid to dye their hair strange and wonderful colors. Wait, maybe that's jello?

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
My husband was always fascinated with the Kool Aid pitcher - you know the clear one with the happy face? He said Kool Aid just tasted better out of it. ummmm.....should I get help for him?

I agree that Kool Aid is better than soda, but we buy Country Time Lemonade as our powdered drink of choice.

I also understand that many youngens use Kool Aid to dye their hair strange and wonderful colors. Wait, maybe that's jello?

Maria Laughing

I loved that kool aid pitcher when I was a kid! I agree with your husband!! It does taste better out if there. Wink

I think you can use both kool aid and jello! Very Happy My cousin put red (maybe strawberry) jello in her white blonde hair Shock once and it was horrible!! It would not wash out!! It did fade to a lovely pinkish colour though, but she had to let it all grow out and cut it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I had Kool Aid as a kid too, wouldn't touch it now though. My 4 year old has never had it I do buy it to make play doh with, brilliant colour and yummy, fruity doh to play with. Smile I have an aunt who uses it to dye yarn with. It lasts and lasts and has such brilliant colour, I shudder to think of what it does inside the body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
God I must try some of this! Can you get it in the UK?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
You can buy it from here, just do the product search. I don't know which variety is best in order to dye stuff but for pure entertainment value I suggest you go for the sweetened variety. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny you posted this, because I hadn't seen any Kool Aid ads in years (or at least noticed them) until two nights ago! I grew up on this stuff but I can't stand it anymore. I don't think it has much nutritional value plus all those colors can't be good for you!! I remember dying my hair with it as a teenager. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |