Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
My first EDS order....Dr. H CC and Bronze Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I submitted my first EDS order last Thursday and was pleasantly surprised that it was delivered to my door on Monday! It was a small order, but I'm very impressed with the fast shipment and delivery.

Dr. H CC: With the rave reviews on this site, and from what I've heard from others, I had to try this product. I've used this only twice so far, at night, and am surprised at how enjoyable this is to use. I typically view this skin care activity as a chore that has to be done and look forward to getting it over with. Not so with this. The texture of this product is unique....difficult to explain, but once I applied this, the "pressing and rolling" technique, that I've read so much about from many of you on this site, appeared to be a natural way of gently working this into my skin. And my face did not feel tight and dry afterwards. I have dry skin, and I usually have to quickly apply an emollient serum or cream after using a cleansing cream to soothe the tightness and dryness. After using Dr. H's CC, my skin felt fresh and clean without that uncomfortable tightness. (Those of you with dry skin know this feeling well!) Well, I have a tendency to be a bit on the skeptical side in regard to skin care products.....this also causes me to take a long time of careful consideration and review before I make a decision and order.....but I'm very happy I decided to try this, and am grateful for all of you for sharing your experiences! I can already tell that Dr. H CC is going to be a regular in my skin care routine!

Dr. H's Translucent Bronze Concentrate: My skin is on the fair side, NC25 to NC30, and I've tried and used many self-tanning creams over the years, but I'm always looking for products that will give my skin a quick, easy, natural glow. After much reading about this product, I wanted to try this to use on mornings when I haven't had time to apply self-tanner the night before, or just when my skin needs a little extra glow. I've only tried this twice, and need to figure out the best way to apply it on my dry skin. I like a more dewy, but not greasy, appearance. It's been a little challenging lately to acheive this, with my current skin care regime, which includes SC retinol. My skin has been a bit peely and flakey at times. Today, I applied my SC CE & F, then my moisturizer with spf. While that was absorbing, I mixed a bit of tinted moisturizer, my regular moistuizer and the Bronze Concentrate in a small glass container, and applied it on my face, and even my neck. That seemed to work well. The color is subtle and natural. I like this, because it's sheer, mixes well with my foundation and moisturizer, and I can control the amount of color, or "glow" I want.
Mabsy

Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Debra - I'm really glad that you like the Dr Hauschka cleansing cream, I hope you stick with it and see great results! I've got the Bronzing Concentrate as well (I'm an NW20) and find that mixing it with a lotion or moisturiser is the easiest and most natural way to apply it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I too have both of these, the smell of the Dr Hauschka CC is just pure luxury and I normally mix the Bronze with my sunscreen (I am a little afraid of self tanners Laughing ) I'm a NC20 in concealer and use NC30 in studio fix powder/foundation. I think though that any skin shade would be able to use the bronze. It also looks really well on the cleavage area Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
It also looks really well on the cleavage area

Laughing I'll have to check into that! Maybe that'll be my husband's perk from this skin care product!

This morning, I did blend my mix of SPF moisterizer, Dr. H Bronze and just a couple of drops of tinted moisterizer on my face, neck and decolette. I wore a scoop neck tank with a skirt today, and wanted to avoid the contrast of a bronze-tint glow on my face and a pale neck and upper-chest! It blended well, and looked very natural. I was worried that it would rub off on my clothes, or somehow get blotchy and look fake after a a couple of hours of wear, but I'm happy to report that even though it's not as fresh looking as when first applied, the appearance is still even and natural after seven hours! I've never put anything, except a powder/mineral bronzer below my face before.
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Don't you love the the bronze concentrate!!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
how exactly is the "pressing and rolling" technique supposed to be like?
Do you roll and then press in an upward motion?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Pretend you are rolling a stamp in an ink pad. Press and roll continually, all over your face. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
ah ok that helps!! thanks Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
That's great advice, faith, never had it explained to me like that before! I usually give in to temptation and scrub away since I've never properly learned how to use the stuff anyway. Wink

Glad you liked your products, Debra. You're going to become a Dr. H junkie, soon.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:04 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote
Quote:
Glad you liked your products, Debra. You're going to become a Dr. H junkie, soon.

Laughing Yep, I'm already there. I love the Dr. H CC.....I'm ready to order more! I don't have breakouts, but I've struggled with pesky blackheads on and around my nose for years. After using the CC for one month, my blackheads are gone and the appearance of my pores seem smaller. Without using a magnifying mirror, they're hardly visible. Wink I use this only in the evening.

I'm also using the bronze concentrate on my legs, mixed with lotion. I use just a few drops, mix it well with my lotion for a little glow, and moisterized skin. So far, I haven't had a problem with it smearing or rubbing off on my clothes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
how long does it take to see improvements with the Dr. H CC?
Ive been using this cream for a couple days now and i havent broke out yet
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
When I first started using this I saw results in just under 2 weeks. My blackheads were slowly being sucked out with all the pressing and rolling. Very Happy
However, I'm far too lazy to use this product regularly and so I only bother using it every so often. Not nearly regularly enough to get any real benefit from it. I really think you need to use it at least once a day for it to give you results.
As for those of you who scrub your face with it Shame on you - the Dr Hauschka site states that you shouldn't do this. The rough particles will tear your skin. I can see how it would be tempting to do that though. A lot quicker than all the pressing and rolling. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. H's Cleansing Cream is on my "to try" list as well. Glad to hear it is not too drying.

Lori

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
how long does it take to see improvements with the Dr. H CC?
Ive been using this cream for a couple days now and i havent broke out yet

I saw *great* results with this after using it twice daily for two weeks. I really did make the effort to use it as Dr Hauschka intended (and yes, I completely agree - it's very tedious but the results are worth it Smile).

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |