Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
SkinCeuticals Vit Cs Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Very Happy Well I was orginially intending to buy the Vivier Vit C on my next EDS order but I decided to ask for some samples first...

EDS sent me some very generous samples of SkinCeuticals products (I guess they didnt have any of the Vivier) but I don't know which, when or how to use them Confused

They have given me: the C + AHA, C + E and Phyto +. Am I supposed to use all of them? Which one does what? Any help would be appreciated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
They have given me: the C + AHA, C + E and Phyto +. Am I supposed to use all of them? Which one does what? Any help would be appreciated

Lucky Girl Very Happy I have never used any C with AHA's. The C with E can be used like any other Vit. C Serum after cleansing face in the AM. Surely there are many members that have used this line and will give you great advice.

Enjoy,
Winnie
Mabsy

Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
You can use the Phyto+ and the C serum at the same time but you would only use one C serum at a time though.

So, after cleansing, apply your C serum (either the C+E or the C+AHA) all over your face and then apply the Phyto+ to any pigmentation that you want to lighten. Then apply moisturiser.

The C serum only needs to be used once a day whereas the Phyto+ can be used twice. If I were you I would use the C+E in the morning and once you use it up I'd use the C+AHA in the evening (I prefer to use anything with AHAs at night).

ETA: If you have not used vit C serums before then please be careful and let your skin adjust. Some people don't feel a thing and others find that it initially stings. You could use it diluted or once every two days on the beginning if sensitivity is a problem.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:34 am      Reply with quote
How would you dilute store-bought vitamin C serums like Skinceuticals?

Can you add some to a carrier oil??
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:52 am      Reply with quote
dilute by applying to a damp face, or by having a drop or two of water in the palm and then adding the C serum

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't mess around with diluting C. The ph has to be between 3.0-3.5 to be effective. Once you start adding other ingredients to it, I would wonder about the ph and whether you were reducing the effectiveness. Just my opinion. Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
I wouldn't mess around with diluting C. The ph has to be between 3.0-3.5 to be effective. Once you start adding other ingredients to it, I would wonder about the ph and whether you were reducing the effectiveness. Just my opinion. Smile

That is true, but I think at the beginning, if you are finding it too strong and experiencing stinging, applying to a damp face is a good idea. I got little dry patches at first, so doing this helped me with that. Smile

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't dilute the C in the bottle (i.e. don't add anything to the bottle) but I think it's a good idea to at the beginning dilute (with water) as you use it just to let your skin get used to the vit C (particularly if you bought a higher concentration or have sensitive skin).

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |