Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
All the eye creams Ive tried....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
and I cannot find one that is doing anything for me...First let me tell you I am 33 I have fine lines under the eyes with milla which is really getting on my nerves Mad I have tried Babor sensational eyes ,,,Phytomer strivecton ,,and even the cellcosmet sample and okusil..and many drug store brands If someone can please give me some suggestions for an eye cream for my sensitive eyes and maybe a suggestion of what to do with the milla (chicken Skin_) I would appreciate so much Ive done a searck and its making my head spin Rolling Eyes thanks for all you help.....
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
alycas,

I just got though doing a web search on milia. From what I have read the best and only way to get rid of it is: "Milia can be safely left alone, but if the patient requests treatment, then incision with a cutting-edge needle and manual expression of the contents are effective." Oh, it also said no anest. is need and it is not painful. Perhaps this is the best way to go hmm as buying cream after cream can get costly and fustrating. Bad Grin

I am no expert on the subject. Perhaps there is a topical that can rid the milia but just thought I would mention this.

http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic265.htm

Good luck alycas!

Winnie
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie.....Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!!!!!! Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
alycas wrote:
and I cannot find one that is doing anything for me...First let me tell you I am 33 I have fine lines under the eyes with milla which is really getting on my nerves Mad I have tried Babor sensational eyes ,,,Phytomer strivecton ,,and even the cellcosmet sample and okusil..and many drug store brands If someone can please give me some suggestions for an eye cream for my sensitive eyes and maybe a suggestion of what to do with the milla (chicken Skin_) I would appreciate so much Ive done a searck and its making my head spin Rolling Eyes thanks for all you help.....

I remembered seeing a thread about milia before so I looked it up for you. I don't have milia so I haven't tried the remedy myself. Hope this helps! Keep us posted!

Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1803

-Cheri
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
alycas,
If eye creams contribute to the formation of miliae on you, why not try a good, hydrating eye gel? Or even a hyaluronic acid serum. They are water based and should help with hydration, without clogging pores.
Good luck!
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
what kind do you think??
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I read the thread Thanks im gonna get that dhs shampoo Im not sure what your supposed to do are you just supossed to rub it in and leave it on or wash it off?????Any suggestions for an eye cream or gel would be appreciated so much.....
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm very millia prone and I've had wonderful luck with the Orlane Oligo B-21 Cooling eye balm (it's the Orlane line for sensitive skin.) I don't know how much it would help with lines, but I'm in my mid-twenties and find that it does plump up my eye area nicely (very fine lines disappear) and it is soothing. My skin reacted to some eye shadow which made it dry and red, and the Orlane really helped sooth the irritation. It's a nice gel-cream.

Even though the MUA reviews on it were pretty bad, I really like the Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel. It's very light and super-hydrating and has AHA which does help with millia (between that and using baby shampoo to clean under my eyes, all of mine are gone.) It does sit on your skin for a while because of the aloe vera, but at night I don't care about that too much, and it feels fabulous in the summer if you refridgerate it.

I want to try the M.B. Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream (I believe it's called...), since it has other stuff in it and might absorb more readily. I'm just scared to buy it due to the lack of reviews to be found on it. I'd like to hear someone write *something* about it first!! I think the only thing that made my eyes look crepey to date that wasn't millia causing was the Murad Essential-C.

Good luck on your search!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I had some milia under my eyes...nothing major but it freaked me out, especially since I have aunts on my dad's side who still have great skin in their seventies except for LOTS of milia...

The way that I got rid of them was by applying Skinceuticals retinol 1% every few nites under whatever eye cream I happened to be using at the time. Now, not only are the milia alllllll gone but the skin under my eyes is remarkably smooth.

This is very strong stuff though and you have to be careful with it. I have very tolerant skin and even I felt it when I used it too often. If you haven't used retinoids before, I would try the .5%.

Good luck Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I had some milia under my eyes...nothing major but it freaked me out, especially since I have aunts on my dad's side who still have great skin in their seventies except for LOTS of milia...

The way that I got rid of them was by applying Skinceuticals retinol 1% every few nites under whatever eye cream I happened to be using at the time. Now, not only are the milia alllllll gone but the skin under my eyes is remarkably smooth.

This is very strong stuff though and you have to be careful with it. I have very tolerant skin and even I felt it when I used it too often. If you haven't used retinoids before, I would try the .5%.

Good luck Laughing

Katee,

I am totally new to all these actives. Do you think the IS Clincal Active Serum would help Milia? Just a thought. This is not a question for me. I was thinking about alycas. Thanks
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, that's a really good question, Winnie. I honestly don't know the answer. She said she has sensitive skin though, and I do know that Active Serum is most definitely not recommended for sensitive skin....
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
retinol would be a wonderful choice if you can tolerate it. Also Black Willow Bark has been found to be as effective (yet more gentle) than traditional AHA's in regard to epithelization.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
wow ,, you guys are great....very helpful keep the suggestions coming Very Happy I am mking ACV right now,,,, I spent about 50$ at whole foods Laughing thanks girls......
Mabsy

Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've had really good results with using AHAs (just dabbed on the millia itself) for a few days. That softens it up and then it disappears. Great stuff! I don't get these often but I have a travel size of the MDF Vit-a-Plus eye cream that I use just for this purpose.

However, millia isn't necessarily chiken skin, or actually the other way around. If you do have a dry irritated eye area then you can have this rough chicken skin appearance without having millia IMO.

Did all the creams you mentioned give you millia or they just didn't work on the lines? If they all gave you millia then you should be looking at a gel or a cream gel instead. I've heard good things about the Orlane Oligo cooling one but have not yet tried it myself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Im not really sure which one of the creams gave it to me...all I know is that its there , I havent really found anything that is helping with the fine lines around the eyes either..Mabsy does the MDF vita plus eye cream have AHA?? How is that cream for the fine lines?? Im so confused right now Rolling Eyes Thanks for all you help?? Funny last night after I made my ACV toner WOW!!! It stinks even though i used Lemon oil I wonder if I should put more drops in it... So funny this morning I was Gagging at the smell I followed the directions ..I think Ill write a post about it...THanks girls!!!!!
Mabsy

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
alycas wrote:
Mabsy does the MDF vita plus eye cream have AHA?? How is that cream for the fine lines??

It does have AHAs and they are supposed to be good if you have some lines. However, given that you said you have sensitive eyes this may not be a good choice for you.... If you really would like to try it then please get a sample first and be careful.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have milia too, I've been read that MD Forte Rejuvenating Eye Cream can diminish and/or get rid of milia. I am going to try it.
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if the active serum would be the best thing to put under your eyes. I tend to have sensitive eyes and when I use the active serum on my face, my eyes sting a bit. I think the md forte eye cream is and good suggestion as is ISC eye complex.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

However, millia isn't necessarily chiken skin, or actually the other way around. If you do have a dry irritated eye area then you can have this rough chicken skin appearance without having millia IMO.

I know this is a bit offtopic about eye creams. But I find that I have that 'chicken skin' appearance in the corner of my eyes. Is there any way of lessening this appearance??

I have had a few millia on my eye lids. For millia treatment, I once just dabbed Tea Tree oil on the tip of a cotton bud and rubbed it into the millia for a few weeks. It started to dry up, and that was when I used a needle to pick a bit of the dead skin open, then the tea tree oil will help dry it up in no time. Sometimes you can gently squeeze it out too. I am not sure if 'squeezing' around the eye area is a big NONO here. :P
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi alycas - MD Forte makes a Rejuvenating Eye Cream with Retinol that I use now and then. It contains glycol too. I don't have milia, but if glycol and retinol are considered good treatments for it, I'd highly recommend it -- it really smooths and tightens the eye area. It's around $40. This may really help your condition.

Glycolic acid exfoliates the skin and is a common ingredient in acne/anti-aging products. Retinol is also good for acne/anti-aging, but isn't as harsh as RX retinoids like Retin-A, Renova and the like.

I don't know if it's safe or wise to pick at the thin skin around the eyes. But with gentle exfoliation, the milia may purge on their own.

April
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I second the retinol and/or glycolic acid route.

I'm using a retinaldehyde product by Avene (Ystheal range). It is the FIRST eye product I have ever used that is doing something for my fine lines. Retinaldehyde is converted directly to vitamin A in the skin. In fact, retinol is first converted to retinaldehyde before being converted to vitamin A, so presumably, retinaldehyde is more effective than retinol.

I have also experienced little or no irritation with the Avene. However, with all retinol products on the under-eye, I am going through the "crepey eye syndrome" which will pass eventually. I am still amazed at the improvement in the fine lines that the product has produced in a few weeks.
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much everyone.... Im going to get a sample of the md vita plus Im going to use very little and see what happens..it cant be any worse than when i used a Lancome product Shock Scary that was when i woke up...I will let you all know thanks .....
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I use Re Vive eye renewal serum. It really works and keep skin firm.
dodger01

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Im glad to discover I was not the only one with this mysterious millia. I hate it and I just started to notice it under my eyes. Im only 23, is this common? I was wondering if anyone else has tried the SkinCeuticals Retinol 1% with any results? There is a post that its worked but curious to see if anyone else has tried it?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:43 am      Reply with quote
My Active Serum is getting rid of my undereye milia very quickly!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |