Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Winner For Friday, June 24, 2005!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Happy first weekend of Summer, everyone - or at least to those of you who live in the northern hemisphere! Cool `Tis a sunny, beautiful start to our weekend here in Vancouver, and let's hope the lovely weather lasts!

Our winner of the $50 gift certificate is none other than Forum member cbrooke! She may pick up her gift certificate in her U2U Message Box.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...are you serious Shock

I am soooo happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Now I just have to decide what to get

ps. speaking of the weather here in Vancouver it can't seem to make up it's mind, raining one minute hot and humid the next Laughing
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Caspers Mum....thanks for the info about Terax. I am going to pick some up today after work, too bad I can't use my EDS voucher Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
brooke,
where are you getting the terax from? When I ordered my diamancel from a spa in edmonton they sent me a sample of the delicato and I really liked it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Lianne,

CaspersMum sent me this list of places. I got mine at Image West 14.99 for the crema and 13.45 for the collegen shampoo.

Westside: Maude Hair Salon (West 4th/Arbutus)
Clio Cosmetics (West 4th/Yew)
Image West (West 10th Ave & Trimble,
or West Broadway &
Bayswater)

Downtown: Beauty Mark (Yaletown & Davie St.
locations)
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
$15 for creama??? I was seeing it for $20 - 30 online!

Looks like I'll be going into vancouver one day soon...after the next 2 weeks of midterms are over

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, it was on sale Very Happy They have the big tub too but since I am trying it for the first time I held off. Is it really that good, MUA shows mixed reviews Confused
Caspers Mum

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
Hey Lianne,

CaspersMum sent me this list of places. I got mine at Image West 14.99 for the crema and 13.45 for the collegen shampoo.

Westside: Maude Hair Salon (West 4th/Arbutus)
Clio Cosmetics (West 4th/Yew)
Image West (West 10th Ave & Trimble,
or West Broadway &
Bayswater)

Downtown: Beauty Mark (Yaletown & Davie St.
locations)

Yes, Image West does indeed have the best price on Terax products!
Caspers Mum

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
$15 for creama??? I was seeing it for $20 - 30 online!

Looks like I'll be going into vancouver one day soon...after the next 2 weeks of midterms are over

Image West, Image West, Image West! Their location at Broadway/Bayster & Macdonald (north side) has far better selection than the Pt. Grey salon.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
thanks CM...I was confused because one place I found a broadway address, but on another I found a W 10th address.

Do you get your hair done there too? I'm looking for a new stylist (but don't want to pay more than $50 for a cut)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I would not get my hair cut there, the women who helped me was totally out of it Rolling Eyes Now I don't know if she was a stylist or not but I would not let her near my head with a pair of scissors Shock
I too am looking for a new stylist. Any recommendations in the Vancouver area Question My last haircut was a complete disaster and I am dreading getting another Crying or Very sad
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
So are you telling me it's not going to be a pleasant shopping experience there? or just a funny one? Rolling Eyes

The lady I go to is great but I've been going to her so long I'm kinda bored. She's Dee at DN hair on cook road (beside the medical clinic).

I'm getting my hair done at a place called trendz and changes on alexandra for my friends wedding. I might get a cut when I get my consultation done...depending on their price. My friend paid what I thought was too much for her hair. ($160 for cut and streaks - full head)

I'm used to paying about 50-70 for cut and a few foils...(I get a student discount and all that stuff...)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Not bad experience, just expect poor service and hope you have no questions...I got the impression I was putting her out by purchasing something Laughing
My hair stylist used to work at AXIS and then his location closed. He is fantastic but to far out of my way now Crying or Very sad and I have yet to find anyone else as good. A co-worker has a great stylist but he is in Burnaby, again too far Mad
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
it's so much easier for guys, they just buy a cutter razor and get us girls to do it for them...(at least mine does that)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Not my boyfriend...most times he is higher maintenance than me Laughing He gets his hair trimmed regularily, like every 3 weeks, mind you his hair grows FAST not like mine Confused I haven't had a haircut in at least 5 months (maybe thats why I look like a shaggy dog Laughing ) My boyfriend goes to Avante Garde but it seems like such an old-ladyish place to me.
Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
cbrooke...... i go to Michael at Statik salon on granville street. He is awesome, very gentle on my hair. And the dyes they use dont damage my hair either. I highly recommend it.www.statik.com
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
ok, the few times I've refused to cut my boyfriends hair he has either done it himself (in the summer he's got a buzz cut) or gone to great clips, with their $6.99 coupon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hey Halfie: Is that the salon with the resident bulldog? I have actually been there and it was ok, maybe I will have to give it another try Confused Thanks Smile
Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:18 am      Reply with quote
haha yes it's with that bulldog. It depends who you see though. Michael the owner of the salon does a wonderful job. They opened up another salon right across the street called Caramel salon, thats where the bulldog is staying now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
There is another salon just off of Granville, further up a bit (think it is called Gloss)...anyone been there Confused
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
nope...I heard of a salon called Rain that's REALLY bad...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |