Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Lightening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sexy28
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't looked into this too deeply yet. So my questions might sound kind of dumb. But I was wondering about skin lightening products and how they work. Do they bleach the skin? And if they lighten the skin, does that mean it lightens all of the skin, or it works selectively only on areas that have uneven darker pigmentation? I know it is used to even out pigmentation, like sun freckles or other parts that got darker. But how does it lighten those spots without lightening all of the skin together? And if it lightens all of it then wouldn't it cause even more uneveness in the color and tone? What are the best ingredients to use for skin lightening? I have some places I would like to lighten. Including a fairly large patch on my leg where the skin darkened somewhat. It looks like a very light birthmark, but it certainly is not. It just showed up a few years ago and never went away. I have no idea what caused it at all. It is odd.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Hydroquinine is used to lighten skin, but is dangerous (it is banned in the EU). The best way to lighten skin is exfoliation, vitamin C serums (they even out skintone) and sunscreen).

I would avoid anything else, as it may interfere with the skin's natural defenses

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I bought products to lighten my skin, mainly for sun freckles and pigmentation. I made sure I used ones without hydroquinine in but worried that I was going to make my skin even more sensitive than it is already by using what I purchased. Also I question the effectiveness of it.
Now im looking into laser treatment instead to get rid of these areas.
jennymatt80
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard good things about the cream they sell at www.whiterskin.com
I also konw that Makari is good fromwww.makari.com. Good luck!
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
It all depends what is the cause of your hyperpigmentation. Is it melasma (dermal) or
epidermal?

If epidermal, then exfoliation and vitmain C are key. I would recommend vitamin C on entire face, and any glycolic/lactic peel (not high dosages). But, be sure to use a sunblock with a high SPF, and that has protection against UVA and UVB.

For stubborn melasma (that is what I have), I use vitamin C, and also take MSM supplements. They help greatly.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |