Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HUGE rave - ModelCo Lashwand and mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Oh man, do I love this little tool.

I ordered it from beautyhabit.com and it absolutely without a doubt keeps my lashes curled all day - amazing.

You apply it AFTER you apply your mascara. You heat the wand up for 60 seconds (takes a AAA battery)- it never gets too hot. You hold the curved brush against your lashes for maybe 5 seconds and voile!!! your lashes are curled and lovely. Love it, love it, love it.

No matter what, or how much curling I did with my trusted Shiseido curler, my lashes would always go limp on me within an hour or so - don't have that problem anymore!!! YEAH!!!

Oh, yes, the ModelCo Lash Extend mascara is also very nice!!! It lengthens an volumizes and is a lovely glossy black.

So there's my rave of the day.

Maria Laughing

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree with you on the mascara front. It's nice and glossy and seems to help hold the curl. I don't use it on a regular basis because I felt like I was losing more lashes while using this - I don't know if it was coincidental - I should really revisit this again. I just realised that this is waterproof (I wish I knew that a few weeks ago when I was looking for one) so this could be why - my lashes don't usually do well with constant use of waterproof mascaras.

I've also got the ModelCo Lashwand and used it for a bit but have now returned to my Shu and/or Shiseido (depending on the day). The ModelCo is great! I had very good results with it but they were the best and longest lasting if I actually combined the use of the "traditional" curler, then applied mascara, then used the ModelCo. What prompted me to stop using this? Just lazyness Embarassed and it's unrelenting high usage of batteries.... Now that you've reminded me about it you can be sure that I'll be digging this out again tomorrow Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy -

Wow, we must be curler twins. I also use the Shu or the Shi depending on the day, and believe it or not, one eye favors one brand more than the other! I think it's my left that does better with the Shu and right likes the Shi. Weird. I curl, mascara, then "set" with the LashWand.

I think the Lash Extend is "water resistant". Is this the same as waterproof? Don't know what the difference is, but like you, my lashes tend to fall out more with waterproof. So far I'm not having a problem with the LashExtend tho. We'll see.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I think I’m going to purchase one of these since I had to rescind my Eyecurl “endorsement” (click here to find out more: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=55387#55387).

Maria - where did you order/buy your Model Co Lashwand, and how much was it?

TIA,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody here tried Model Co.’s “Lash Gloss” (clear, “ultra-gloss” mascara)? I’ve been tinting my own lashes lately with the 1000 Hours Lash Tinting Kit that Mabsy raved about last year (click here for details: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3944&highlight=diy+eyelash+tint). It’s ridiculously easy to use, way more simple than the Roux Lash/Brow Tint Kit I got from Sallys Beauty, and the results are much glossier and last longer (I use the 1000 Hours in ”midnight blue” which is a dark blue/black).

But since I’ve been using the 1000 Hours lash tint kit, I don’t like to wear colored mascaras any longer because it covers up my ‘handi-work,’ and hides my gorgeous, glossy midnight blue tinted lashes! I’m also testing out a new eyelash growth product (Starlash) to make my lashes grow longer and more lush in the hopes that someday soon I won’t need to wear any mascara at all to lengthen and thicken my lashes.

Another reason I don’t like to wear mascara is that unless it is a waterproof version, before the day is out I end up with raccoon eyes because the mascara smudges below my eyes, even though I don’t actually apply any mascara to my lower lashes. This problem is even more severe during the summer when it’s a matter of minutes, rather than hours, before my mascara starts to smudge.

For both of these reasons, I prefer to use a clear mascara. It serves to enhance my midnight blue tinted lashes, and it also doesn’t leave me with raccoon smudges before lunch time. I had tried a clear mascara from “Makeup Forever” which cost $18USD, but found it didn’t work any better than a $5USD tube of clear Covergirl mascara that I bought at the drugstore. However, that doesn’t stop me from lemming other ridiculously overpriced clear mascaras!!

So, has anyone tried the Model Co Lash Gloss and can give me the low-down, or am I going to be the first guinea pig??

TIA,
Carrie

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Heya Carrie -

I got the ModelCo Lash Wand at beautyhabit.com.
I'm in love with it. It's $25 on the beautyhabit site.

I'm sorry you had to rescind your original review of the eyelash curler. What happened? Thank goodness I didn't order it, as I usually have a habit of ordering many of the products you rave about. You enable me greatly, naughty girl! lol

The only other foray I've had into ModelCo is the Lash Extend, so I can't help you on your "Lash Gloss." I would love to be able to have thick lashes. Mine are thin and puny. Are you liking this Starlash? Where can I read up on that? (Like I need one more thing). I did try the Lamas for a while, but did not stick to it - it's like me being on a diet - I'm good for a few days, then I fall off the wagon....

I actually have to wear the Kiss Me on my botton lashes elsewise I get raccoon eyes as well. It is the only mascara that doesn't do this. It does nothing to thicken or lenghten, just gives a bit of color, so I only use it on the bottom.

Hope someone can give you feed back on your "Lash Gloss"

Maria Very Happy

Edited to add: Oops Carrie - just read your post on the Eyecurl! That blows big time. I hope you get some satisfaction with either a refund or replacements...dang.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Are you liking this Starlash? Where can I read up on that? (Like I need one more thing).
Here's the link to their website: http://www.starlash.com./ I've only been using it for about 10 days now, so it's too soon to give a full report, but I am seeing some little "lash sprouts" at the base of my lashline, so I'm encouraged by that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Alright, consider me convinced! I had been using a traditional clamp-type lash curler for the past couple months, since my original Eyecurl died and I had been trying to buy a replacement and received nothing but defective merchandise from the seller, which forced me to have to rescind my longtime endorsement of their product. After that, I tried to purchase one of ModelCo’s Lash Wands from Sephora, but they were temporarily out of stock in the U.S., so I turned to dear Mabsy and she sent me one all the way from Oz.

My Lash Wand arrived yesterday (thank you, Mabsy!!! ), and being the impatient and greedy sort that we all know I am, I had to test it out right away. After I removed my makeup for the day and cleansed my eyelashes from their “daytime” growth serum (Ardell) so I could apply a fresh coat of nighttime serum, I waited for my lashes to dry after sweeping on a coat of DreamLash and then used the Lash Wand.

May I just say that I had temporarily forgotten the difference in performance between a traditional clamp-curler and one of the heated curlers that is in the format of a typical mascara wand. I think “eyelash curler” is a complete misnomer because they don’t actually *curl* one’s lashes, instead they crimp them – no, wait: they BEND them, at an unnatural, 90-degree angle. But the heated lash curlers, designed in the style of the Lash Wand (and my formerly beloved Eyecurl), actually give your lashes a completely natural, gentle, sweeping upward c-u-r-v-e that just gives your eyes a look that is completely different than being crimped so they stand straight up. To give you an idea of what I mean, think about when you’ve seen a strand of false eyelashes, when it’s still in the package, and they look so lovely and curved on the little plastic frame that is supposed to simulate the shape of one’s eyelid – they look so delicate and feminine so that you stand there admiring them, wishing that your own eyelashes looked so curvy and beautiful.

I cannot yet comment on how long the curl from the Lash Wand lasts, because I went to bed shortly after playing with my new acquisition but I plan to test it’s endurance today and will update my report thereafter. However, I want to close out this quasi-review by saying that now that I have been refamiliarized with the difference in actual curling ability of a heated lash curler, I can never, ever go back and use a traditional clamp-type curler – which is sad, really, because I just discovered that Luxor makes a wonderful $3 version of the “Sephora Professional Go-Lash (mini) Lash Curler” which costs five times as much. The little Luxor did a good job of filling in temporarily until my Lash Wand arrived so I really hate to hurt its feelings by putting it out to pasture....

Anyway, the moral of this story is that until you try a heated lash curler like the ModelCo or Eyecurl (when the Eyecurl actually worked and didn’t fall apart when you removed it from the packaging for the first time), you really can’t know what a truly curled eyelash looks like.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Glad to hear it arrived Carrie! I just hope it holds up to the reputation of your previous heated one (while it worked).

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |