Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: I'm IN A RAVING MOOD! PSF SKINCARE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I have been so very happy with this entire line. Thanks Darren wherever you are.

I love the Green Tea cleanser. It is without a doubt, the best cleanser I've used for my normal to dry skin. It puts my other cleansers to shame. It is unscented, doesn't foam, but your face feels as it should - clean. Not tight, or greasy, just clean and soft. It contains seaweed extract, hyaluronic acid,(and a bunch of other stuff) is unscented and alcohol free - This is a great product.

Okay, then R&R (repair and renew)Toning mist w/ cucumber, aloe-vera leaf juice and msm. This facial mist is yummy! I even put some in a smaller spray bottle to keep in my pocketbook and I mist away! It's been bloody hot in New England and this is so refreshing. No alcohol in this either, and it's non-drying.
Although the direction say to wipe away with a cotton pad, I don't - just let it settle.

Ummm...apparently I have a few PSF skincare products...

The eyecream is wonderful for me. It is very hydrating for me and helps soften my lines around my eyes and keeps them hydrated all day. It also containes hyaluronic acid and it sort of plumps the area around my eyes. Very concentrated, so any extra I use around my lip lines...I have one or two that popped out as a birthday present for me this year, oh joy, and I just pat any extra from my fingertips in that area.

The O2 serum. This is just 100% oxygen that is supposed to help my skin - not sure if its doing anything, but I'm sure I'll use the whole bottle. Feels just like water.

Finally, the Emergenc-C. Very nice Vit C. Much easier to blend than my old Skinceuticals C. I am still waiting on the JB C&C sample, so I can decide once and for all which Vitamin C serum is the best for me. I had loved the IS Clinical SuperSerum (finished the bottle!) but it's a little expensive so I was trying to find an alternative. The SuperSerum just had so much good stuff in it, though.

Okay, enough raving for today. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet!

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I agree- I love this line too and I love the fact that if my daughter begs me to use a little I can say "sure"- as oppossed to other products (like Obagi, etc) that I have to say "no this has chemicals in it and it is just for grown ups".

The one product I really like is the O2 serum. I don't know if it does anything in and of itself (I have never just used it on its own) but I think it makes my other products work better b/c since I've been using it my skin tone is more even and smooth looking.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi just wondered what are these products and can you buy in the UK? Are they also suitable for normal/combi skin
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I am really looking into getting the o2 serum. Any more comments would be appriciated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
Hi just wondered what are these products and can you buy in the UK?

PSF Skincare. They do ship internationally.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my sample pack and I will post a review after I have used it for awhile. I can't wait.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. Do any of you use the papaya cleanser? I have cobmination skin, dry on cheeks but open pores on t zone. I like the sound of the products that they are all organic and natural. Will wait for the other reviews, but any more info would be great Rolling Eyes
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
Thanks for your replies. Do any of you use the papaya cleanser? I have cobmination skin, dry on cheeks but open pores on t zone. I like the sound of the products that they are all organic and natural. Will wait for the other reviews, but any more info would be great Rolling Eyes

There is another thread discussing PSF products here which might give you some more info. I think the papaya cleanser is mentioned. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toe that's really helpful. I notice you are also based in the UK. Have you used the products, and if so how did you find them for combination skin. Thanks Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I really like the PSF range and have had no problems at all regards shipping to me in the UK. It's always been really quick and Darren emails updates when its ben shipped etc.

(One parcel got caught up in customs but even then it only took 2 weeks and Darren sent me the tracking number etc).

My skin is combination but prone to dehydration and I am currently using the Vit C serum, O2 Serum and Pumpkin Mask though I have samples of the Cleanser/toner/eyecream etc.
All the products have been fine on my skin and not caused any breakouts.
PS - shipping cost me $10. bargain! Laughing
In fact my only complaint is that the Pumpkin mask makes me hungry...its smells yummy!!LOL! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucia that's great. I have combi skin that can be a bit dehydrated. Do the serums do anything for the look of pores, as I have these in my t zone, and had been following a thread on the IS clinical range, though they are very expensive but claim to do wonders Laughing
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I have a tendancy to open/blocked pores on my nose and I would say that since using the serums they have reduced. (They got worse when I used Cellex C which is weird - a friend of mine noticed the same.)
The whole clarity of my skin has improved since using a C serum (other than Cellex!)I've used several and the PSF version is my favorite in terms of texture and result (though I'd love it more if it was paraben free- it has methylparaben listed as the last ingredient and is the only synthetic in the serum and is a preservative - but not sure if that's possible). I've only been using the O2 for a few days but its very refreshing and my pores seem smaller (it has a mild chlorine-ish smell although it is nothing like chlorine I hasten to add!!).
I suggest you get one of the sample packs - they are only $5 and contain both serums plus lots of other goodies!
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have already ordered these Lucia, couldn't resist Bad Grin Have also got the Alpha Derma samples from J&B and must say I am pretty impressed with the Alpha Derma and can see a difference around my eyes and the look of my skin in 4 days. Think I am becoming a product junkie Wink Thanks for the tips Lucia, can't wait for my samples will let you know how I get on Very Happy
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia,
I just wanted to respond to your concern about paraben use in our products. We are continuously researching for the best and most natural combination of preserving agents for our products. Unfortunately, even with extensive research & experimentation, there has yet to be an effective all natural, broad-spectrum preservative that does not incorporate parabens.

However, due to some of the natural anti-microbial, anti-fungal, & anti-bacterial herbs & extracts that we use in our formulations, we are able to add the methylpropylparaben at a percentage that is, to say the least, negligible. We only use 0.025% paraben. In a formula of 100%, you can see what a small portion of the formula is the preservative.
Also, the paraben blend that we use is not synthetic. Our paraben blend is naturally derived.

Natural paraben is made from the titration of benzoic acid in the presence of denatured wood alcohol. Benzoic acid occurs naturally in cherry bark, raspberries, tea, anise and cassia bark.

We understand that some people may be sensitive to chemical preservatives, such as parabens, but we have found that even customers who are unable to use other product lines that contain paraben are often able to use our products with no sensitivity at all.

I just wanted to make you aware that there are different types of parabens & there are different sources for them as well. Some are derived from natural sources ,some are lab created. We will continue to work on perfecting our preservative system, but do not want to jeopardize the integrity & stability of the product by using an inferior preservative complex.

I hope that I answered some of the questions that you might have had. If you have any other questions, just ask! Smile

Cheers,
Darren

Pure Skin Formulations (PSF Skincare)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Darren,
Thanks so much for that explanation on your use of parabens - I try to minimise the amount of chemicals I use on my skin if I can but I have 'taken a view'on some products as the benefits seem to out weigh the possible problems associated with them. eg - I use a photostable chemical sunscreen as with my extremely fair skin I figure the risk of me contracting skin cancer is much higher than the possible issues I might have with the chemical. Likewise with the Vitamin C - I figure that the anti oxidant and protective qualities out weigh the small % use of a preservative! Very Happy I am really pleased that the % is so low though and that it is naturally derived!

Thanks again!!
Love all the products I've tried so far and looking forward to the new lip plumper!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Did this line have samples to have a try?
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Rainbowcheng, you can order full-size products at Essential Day Spa or at the PSF website (www.psfskincare.com). If you want to purchase samples, you have to get them at the PSF website. There is a button that says Samples on the homepage.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd add my raves here...

I have just started using the pumpkin mask and acne mud. Holy cow! The pumpkin mask might be the best product I have ever bought! My skin look FANTASTIC after using it only twice! The acne mud has really helped my TOM breakouts too. Great products! I highly recommend these PSF products and cannot wait to try more! Yippie, pretty glowing skin! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
PSF is definitely one of those lines that stand out and will result in repurchases Very Happy

I love the perfection day lotion, O2, and pumpkin enzyme mask.

If I have to be picky, I would say that the super hydrating eye cream is not as perfect as the other products. It does sink in evenutually, but just takes way too long doing so! I didn't notice or think it was a problem before, but now that I am using it in the mornings, I realize there really isn't enough time to wait for it to absorb and then do makeup and still make it to school on time :P

I hear the Berry Antioxident serum is amazing! Can't wait to try that!

The vitamin C serum is alright. I don't have any comparisons to other vit C products or have used it long enough to see obvious results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
i have combination skin but i like to use cleansing milk instead of cleansing foam
I wonder if this cleansing milk is suitable for combo skin, thanks for reply
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am a new user of PSF products, too. I am now using the O2 serum, berry antioxidant serum & cranberry eye gel. OK, all of them works well on me, the berry minimize the fine lines around my mouth and the eye gel opens my eyes a little bit and I cannot tell what actually the O2 have done, I just see the my skin clear up a bit since then.

May be I should not mention here (cause this topic is re PSF products), but just want to share that I tried another new product recently, that is the Dr. H cleansing cream, it is VERY good in clearing my combination skin and minimize my pores, the result is obvious... there are a lot of topics re the prodcut, sisters may search to learn more, it really works for my combination skin... so check it up.

BTW, do anyone know if there is any products that can help my occasionally breakout? Yet, I want to try the PSF vit c (new product), do anyone know what is its main function and how to use it?
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I love most of psf products. o2 and vit c have worked well for me.
some sting my face like pumpkin mask. If it gets on my lips it feels numb.
I must leave it on too long - maybe?
Also not sure if eye gel works.
I need to give it a change before i give up.
Do you apply the cranberry gel once daily or twice?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi dear, I use it twice a day. On the first day, I tried it on my hubby (one eye only), it opened it up, my hubby has little eyes, so I trust it and yet, it did nothing wrong on me, I have very sensitive eyes.

I have been using it for more than 3 weeks, you have to know, I normally give up on eye care less than a week... cause I believe it make me look brighter.

There is product review re the eye gel, go and see if you wanna give it a chance.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who have used the PSF HA serum - how do you find its moisturising quality? It looks really interesting but I am so use to globbing creams on my face I am not sure how a serum would go. Do you put something else on top too?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
i have tried the ance treatment mud and Stimucoll c eye serum. The mud is quite good on spot treatment, teh eye serum seems to lessen teh darkness of eye . i wanna to try teh pumpkin enzyme and teh o2 serum.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |