Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
good places to buy skincare online in canada or in ontario
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jacob
5% products discount

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
anyone here know of any sites for canada or more specifically ontario?
thanks Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jacob,

I think that right here on EDS you will do very well. EDS also has wonderful specials. Very Happy http://www.essentialdayspa.com/
jacob
5% products discount

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
i checked the prices here...they're a bit more than what amazon has to offer Confused
i mean i'm a student, trying to watch my money lol.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about Amazon shipping prices, but EDS will only be $5, and you will get free samples Smile. Also, I know this is maybe a stupid question, but you looked at Amazon.ca, not .com, right...So you are comparing Canadian $ to Canadian $. The only reason I ask is because I didn't realize amazon.ca had these types of products. The last time I checked, it was still quite limited.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I shop on this site andwww.luxbeauty.com

I also shop from a few US sites that offer reasonable shipping and will mark packages as 'gift'

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne,

Could you tell me which are the US sites? I have only tried skin-etc because they are willing to mark as "gift" (and I like their fast shipping and sampling opportunity).

Is Luxbeauty one of them?
jacob
5% products discount

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
I don't know about Amazon shipping prices, but EDS will only be $5, and you will get free samples Smile. Also, I know this is maybe a stupid question, but you looked at Amazon.ca, not .com, right...So you are comparing Canadian $ to Canadian $. The only reason I ask is because I didn't realize amazon.ca had these types of products. The last time I checked, it was still quite limited.

Well it's not the Canadian one, 'cause you're right it is limited, but the prices are still relatively cheaper if i bought it through them.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
On-line in Canada, I wouldn't shop anywhere else for beauty products...EDS is the best, hands down..
Pudoodles
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I use feelbest.com to order Ombrelle sunblock products. I think they're based out of Canada.
Speedy shipping and helpful customer service!
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
well if you're willing to put a bit more money on shipping (unless you purchase over $120) you could trywww.sephora.com . They ship to Canada but it costs $10 with samples. They have promotions every month as well as sales. Very nice wrapping and lovely costumer service =)
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
jellyberry,

I always wonder, does the price they (sephora) quote include the duties and brokerage fees?

I always find it weird how their canada checkout works, and therefore have never completed a transaction with them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
The Shopping Channel based in Toronto is also very good for skin care with a 30 day money back guarantee,www.tsc.ca.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
oh yeah suzieQ I forgot about them...I bought one of their smashbox showstopper deals...good stuff. A couple items I didn't like but overall worth it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to mention, if you buy from amazon.com and your purchase is over $20 Canadian you will pay a $5 service charge plus PST and GST on your purchase, which pretty much negates any savings. As well, you have a longer time to wait before your package arrives to you because of the hold up at the border. I only order from the US if I know the seller will mark as a gift or if I cannot get it here and I 'need' it badly. Laughing

Hands down, EDS is the best for selection and service. I've also usedwww.feelbest.com which offers free shipping for orders over $15 I believe they are in Ottawa.

These are the US sellers I buy from who mark the packages as gifts:
www.skin-etc.com www.dianayvonne.com
and the eBay seller pamelasmith84 for Jane Iredale items

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
lianne,

there is a duty rate but the last time I bought something, it was about $0.45. (or a bit more...) Tax is 7%, shipping $10. If you want me to make sure, I can checkout something and check. Other than the tax and small duty fee (and shipping!), there isn't any other fee.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
thanks jellyberry...I use their checkout to find out prices, but wasn't exactly sure if they were acurate. The most confusing part of their system is that you get the price once, then you get asked all these things and they don't give a total again when you punch in your CC#...just weird if you ask me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm..that's weird! They should show the total...similar to this:

total:
tax:
duty:
final:

do you see this after you punch in your CC#?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
no...I never get that far, because I'm not sure if you can still cancel afterwards...can you?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |