Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr H cleanser cream - NOT for me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have found that Dr H is not a line for me. I've used the Dr H cleanser cream for about 3 weeks. In the beginning, I had lots of tiny white heads, which supposed to be part of the purging process according to people's experiences. I've used it am and pm, however, the situation did not improved but getting worse. I was not only having many white heads but also many zits. After the 3rd week, I've decided to stop using it. I went back to my favorite cleanser - Yonka Nettoyant Cleansing Gel, and it began to clear out my skin. In the past, I also tried Dr H clay mask, and it also did not work for me. It was very harsh to my skin, and I had red spots after using that. Knowing that many people praise Dr H's products, I just have to say, it's not the right product line for me. Sad

Anyway, just want to share my frustration and wonder if anyone else has similar experience?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
hiya.

i have not tried the cleansers in DH line, but from looking at the ingredients, they probably don't give enough of a cleansing action than a gel cleanser.

But I have had good success with DH moisturisers and day masks. I did have lots of blackheads and small millia at first, and I was about to give up because I thought the oil base was too suffocating for my skin.

I actually really like the clay mask, because I do have quite oily skin. I think it is a normal reaction to get red spots after the clay mask, as it has drawing properties on the skin. I do get large zits afterwards, because there were small blackheads in the place where they would have come out anyway. Just makes the 'purging' faster. I don't thjink the clay mask is meant for moisturising effects..

But at the same time, i have also been changing my diet, and it is now winter here. so I will probably switch to something less oily in summer.

Perhaps if you are in a more humid place, and use makeup, the cleansers may not be enough to get rid deep dirt on your skin.

hope this helps Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got sample of the cleanser and rejuvenating mask due to the board rave. Unfortunately they didn't work out for me either. The cleanser some how made my skin drier and dermatitis flaredup. The mask gave me a bunch of whiteheads. Sad

So you are not alone...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ive had exactly the same experience as you Happygirl except I gave it the shuv after 2 weeks!

Bit of a shame really.

Farouk

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry it didn't work for you HappyGirl - unfortunately not all products work equally well for all.

I'd just like to clarify something based on what Miranets said. The cleansing cream indeed does NOT have enough cleansing action - it's not supposed to. This is supposed to be used as a mild exfoliant and pore cleaner AFTER you use your normal cleanser to remove your makeup. It's fine by itself in the morning because you have nothing on, but in the evening you will need to cleanse first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm having trouble using the Dr H CC, I never know if am using enough or not (I squeeze about 1cm worth out) and the video on the website doesn't work for me so I'm not sure I'm applying it right (all this kneading and rubbing!)

Z
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm with Mabsy on this one - the Dr. H is not a make-up remover....if you are wearing make-up you must use a traditional cleanser prior to using the Dr. H...I think that the name (Dr. H. Cleansing Cream)should be changed to more accurately reflect it's role in the skin care regime - the title is totally misleading..
Pudoodles
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have to agree with Happy Girl on this one - I have not seen it do much for me or my pores and I have been using it faithfully for close to a month now. I had placed a post earlier asking for help with how to apply it, and several people told me to watch the on-line video, which I did.

It's true - the name is misleading. It really is more of an exfoliant, although you are not supposed to rub, just press/massage it onto your skin.

It can be so frustrating when you read tons of posts raving about a product, and then when you try it the same wonderful results do not happen for your skin. That has happened for me with several products, including Dr. H's CC, Dermalogica's Daily Exfolliant (people love this stuff!!), and most Mineral Make-Up (made my pores even bigger then they were in the first place). It just shows you that everyone's skin and/or expectations are different. Rolling Eyes

On the flip side, I have also discovered some really great products that I wouldn't know about if it wasn't for the Boards: Pure Luxe Eraser, Chanel's Voile Universal Make-Up, Decleor's Essential Balm and Neroli & Iris Oils, and Stila's Tinted Moisturizer! I guess it goes to show you that what works for one person may not work for another, and it's important to be consistent and patient when trying various products. Very Happy Very Happy
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles and Mabsy - Yes, I used other cleanser before Dr. H CC, but somehow it's not working right for me.
I agree that there is no ONE SIZE fit all, different product works for different people. I am trying to see if I can find a pattern here. Say, Dr H CC does not work for me, then maybe certain products (with similar formulation) will not be good for me, either.
But, more importantly, I am looking for the "group" that will work for my skin. Pray
missykiehls
5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Whenever I use Dr H CC, my cheeks become rather rosy and has that flushed look - almost like wearing an overdose of rosy hue blusher.

It seems weird and I wonder if anyone has experienced this 'problem'. The redness goes away after awhile and I assume its because I have sensitive skin or that I am too overzealous with the pressing and rolling motion.
alaya
5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
missykiehls wrote:
Whenever I use Dr H CC, my cheeks become rather rosy and has that flushed look - almost like wearing an overdose of rosy hue blusher.

I have the same problem, first time I tried I rolled and kneaded for 3-5mis, I ended up with a red face and tiny whiteheads/pimples.

As I had heard so many raves, I started again this time I rolled and kneaded for 1-2mins, the result was the same as before.

Last month I gave it another try, but this time I used my foam cleanser first, then put the Dr H CC on my palm and spread it evenly on my hands, then gently pressed it on my face ONCE and left it on for 3-5mins(I have very oily skin) then I used cotton/cloth to wash it off. The result was very good, no red, no pimples, less blackheads, less oily. Luckily I didn't toss it away after the first try, I don't use it as a cleanser, but more like a wash off moisturizer.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
alaya - do you wash off the foam cleanser before using Dr H CC or not?
alaya
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
alaya - do you wash off the foam cleanser before using Dr H CC or not?

happygirl163 - I wash off the foam cleanser first. I need to use the foam cleanser first even in AM, also I tried to wash off the Dr H CC with my hands, but the result is not as good as cotton/cloth. I do think that smearing the Dr H CC thinly on hands helps to reduce the alcohol content before applying to my face(maybe wishful thinking).

If you still have some of that Dr H CC, may I suggest you experiment on your nose for a few days. Leave it on for 1 min,and see what happens. If your nose falls off stop using it Bad Grin
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I love the masks, but I have the same problem with the cleansing products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
anybody try the moisturizers? i hear they were good? suggestions?

5% products discount

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:25 am      Reply with quote
alaya wrote:

Last month I gave it another try, but this time I used my foam cleanser first, then put the Dr H CC on my palm and spread it evenly on my hands, then gently pressed it on my face ONCE and left it on for 3-5mins(I have very oily skin) then I used cotton/cloth to wash it off. The result was very good, no red, no pimples, less blackheads, less oily. Luckily I didn't toss it away after the first try, I don't use it as a cleanser, but more like a wash off moisturizer.

If you press the cream onto your skin once, will it be sufficient to remove the dirt and skin impurities? The Dr H CC video seems to suggest that a couple of presses are necessary. Anyway, I will also give your method a try. Thank you!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I've posted it before but I'll mention it again, my skin didn't like the Dr.H but it did suit the Jurlique so I guess a different formulation works for me not the premise of the product. As we know not everything works for everyone Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
whats the difference between the Dr. H CC and Jurlique?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:03 am      Reply with quote
on me the Dr.H feels more oily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
so both products the DHCC and jurlique are supposed to be meant to do the same thing?

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Halfie wrote:
whats the difference between the Dr. H CC and Jurlique?

Same concept, very similar product, different brand.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |