Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
KathyJ
5% products discount

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
yogi-

I find the most "stuff" comes out between 5-10 minutes, especially when I first started.

Yes, it seems like the CO has to start to almost dry on your face and suddenly the plugs start appearing. Once they did, I didn't want to stop!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I agree the first five minutes not much seems to happen, it's after the first five when the "magic" starts!! Very Happy Although I have noticed that after doing it for a couple of weeks I haven't had much of anything come out...I guess that it a good thing, but it isn't quite as satisfying. I was doing it religiously for a couple of months and the same thing happened. I took a break from it for a while because it was so time consuming and when I started again I noticed a lot of the sebum plugs coming out in the first week.
KathyJ
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Kirstin wrote:
I agree the first five minutes not much seems to happen, it's after the first five when the "magic" starts!! Very Happy Although I have noticed that after doing it for a couple of weeks I haven't had much of anything come out...I guess that it a good thing, but it isn't quite as satisfying. I was doing it religiously for a couple of months and the same thing happened. I took a break from it for a while because it was so time consuming and when I started again I noticed a lot of the sebum plugs coming out in the first week.

Hmmm...maybe I should do this for a few days in a row, then stop for a couple weeks. I did the OCM this morning, and also only got a few tiny plugs to emerge. So, you may be on to something! I am also afraid that manipulating my skin this much is not good for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Do you massage your face for the whole 5-10 minutes or do you let the oil rest on the face after massaging a bit?

5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Do you massage your face for the whole 5-10 minutes or do you let the oil rest on the face after massaging a bit?

I'm still experimenting, but it does seem that if I take a minute or two 'rest' from massaging it in, and then start up again that the plugs seem to appear quicker. Maybe it lets the oil 'work' on dissolving them? Who knows, but I LOVE what it's doing for my skin. Still wondering: does this kind of massage do any damage to the skin? Anyone know?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
One of the benefits of using the OCM (that I just realized ... DUH!) is that my cuticles look 100% better. I have always been hard on my hands and neglected (and bitten) my cuticles. Now, I realize that a lot of the problem was that they were dry. Since getting my hands into the oil, they are much softer & less ragged ... I haven't had a hangnail since I started.

(say in TV ad voice:)
Thanks, oil cleansing method!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
kittikin wrote:
One of the benefits of using the OCM (that I just realized ... DUH!) is that my cuticles look 100% better. I have always been hard on my hands and neglected (and bitten) my cuticles. Now, I realize that a lot of the problem was that they were dry. Since getting my hands into the oil, they are much softer & less ragged ... I haven't had a hangnail since I started.

(say in TV ad voice:)
Thanks, oil cleansing method!

I totally agree - what's more I'm also using emu oil as a moisturiser and have been rubbing the excess into my nails and hands. My nails have completely stopped breaking and flaking.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Who would have figured that OCM would be a multi-tasking operation? Laughing

I, who have been using OCM since August of 2005 had never made the connection between OCM and my nail bed/cuticles before kittikin mentioned it.

Sure enough ... thinking back ... my cuticles have been better since doing OCM! Talk about a DUH! moment! Laughing

Mary [shaking her head that she hadn't made the connection before now!]

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
What does everyone else do after the OCM to moisturize?? I love my Yonka moisturizer, but I am almost out and being a beauty product junkie, there are so many things that I would like to try. I had read that just using a couple of drops of your OCM mixture and applying to the face works great to moisturize, but I am also interested in trying a mixture of jojoba, ylang ylang and clary sage, I have also heard a ton of great things about the Decleor oils, where as rosehip oil wasn't a great choice for me. I think that it broke me out, but I could have just been hormonal, I was too afraid to give it a real chance after all the things that I have read about it breaking so many people out.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Is it really necessary to massage for 5 minutes when using OCM? I've been trying this for almost 2 weeks now. While I haven't seen the dramatic gunk seeping out of my pores, I'm seeing much fewer blackheads around my nose--- is 30 - 60 seconds ok?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
i am afraid to use castor oil on my face. it has been used since ancient times to stimulate hair growth on the head and it is a main ingredient in lash growth serums. i don't want to stimulate those hairs on my face, yikes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:43 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i am afraid to use castor oil on my face. it has been used since ancient times to stimulate hair growth on the head and it is a main ingredient in lash growth serums. i don't want to stimulate those hairs on my face, yikes!

There are so many of us out there using the OCM and I can assure you we are not turning into the Wolf Man Exclamation Rolling Eyes
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Is it really necessary to massage for 5 minutes when using OCM? I've been trying this for almost 2 weeks now. While I haven't seen the dramatic gunk seeping out of my pores, I'm seeing much fewer blackheads around my nose--- is 30 - 60 seconds ok?

Well? Is the 5 minutes really needed for OCM to be effective, am I setting myself up for breakouts and clogged pores with my 30-60 second routine?

Thanks,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if you are setting yourself up for breakouts but I didn't get any benefits, meaning stuff out of my pores which is the point, without going for five minutes. Mine were actually so stuck I had to steam before I used the oil but I had very difficult ones. I hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
As I was blowdrying my lips per the L2K system, it occurred to me: what if I blowdried (blewdried?) my face with castor/olive oil on it? I'm going to try it tonight.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

There are so many of us out there using the OCM and I can assure you we are not turning into the Wolf Man Exclamation Rolling Eyes

I am a bit hairy already, so i will avoid any potential risk of more hair growth. That is good for you though if you like it. but there has been people who reported more hair growth on their face and i wanted to make this point. nice eye rolls, really. there is a way to discuss without the need to be rude.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Keliu wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

I am a bit hairy already, so i will avoid any potential risk of more hair growth. That is good for you though if you like it. but there has been people who reported more hair growth on their face and i wanted to make this point. nice eye rolls, really. there is a way to discuss without the need to be rude.

Sorry if you took the eye rolls the wrong way - I thought they were fun. I certainly didn't didn't mean to be rude and am horrified that you took it that way.
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
So, I aimed the blowdryer at my face while using the OCM. Couldn't really tell if it made much difference, but it didn't hurt. Will continue to see what happens and report on it.

Has anyone else tried this?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu--

Sorry I lost my temper, but I did really think that. Anyhow, I should have restrained myself. Things do sound different online than in person. No worries on either part, ok Smile.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:01 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Keliu--

Sorry I lost my temper, but I did really think that. Anyhow, I should have restrained myself. Things do sound different online than in person. No worries on either part, ok Smile.

Kristen

I am much relieved!!! I was trying to be funny - I have a perverse sense of humour sometimes that probably doesn't translate too well when written. I'm really sorry for any upset.
Carol
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Recently I read about OCM or the Oil Cleansing Method for getting rid of blackheads.

I massage jojoba oil all over my face for about 5-10 minutes. Take a clean washcloth. I have to wipe my face and rinse the washcloth out 2 times to get all the oil off my face.

I had stubborn blackheads in my nose that I couldn't seem to get rid of. The OCM cleared my face within a week.

mumu
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
mumushop wrote:
Recently I read about OCM or the Oil Cleansing Method for getting rid of blackheads.

I massage jojoba oil all over my face for about 5-10 minutes. Take a clean washcloth. I have to wipe my face and rinse the washcloth out 2 times to get all the oil off my face.

I had stubborn blackheads in my nose that I couldn't seem to get rid of. The OCM cleared my face within a week.

mumu

I'm glad OCM works for you. Where did you purchase your jojoba oil from? If I remember correctly, you're from Thailand?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I'm glad OCM works for you. Where did you purchase your jojoba oil from? If I remember correctly, you're from Thailand?

I bought it from http://www.buytropicalife.com/
There are a lot of natural products.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this method for a few days now and love it. I can't say that I can see the blackheads coming out -- I have very small ones on the chin -- but I think this is the most relaxing and pampering way to clean your face. I use 50% castor, 25% olive and 25% jojoba. I think, in general, my skin is already showing improvement.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
OMG!! So many plugs came out. I didn't even know had so many clogged pores. My face is a mess, because I found every little pore the plug came out and extracted. I know if I would have left them my face would have exploded into whiteheads. I used 50-50 castor/grapeseed, and then threw in a little jojoba for good measure. I massaged forever--then I slapped some more on and massaged more. Then I thought, wow, I think I should do my back and arms! (Proved to be a little difficult on the back. I'm sure it worked a little). I did, however, wind up using a detergent cleanser afterwards to wash it all of (with a little glycolic acid in it). My face feels so smooth, although the pores around and on my nose seem the same. I'm going to try again in a few days (such a long process Sad ).

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |