Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
The lemon and tea tree go so well together!
It smells lovely!!
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Do I need to apply toner and mositurizer (especially the eye serum and eye cream) after OCM?

And if I don't do OCM everyday, can I still use my conventional cleanser between the OCM?

I may sound dumb...this OCM is very new to me but i am very tempted to give this a try
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
florli wrote:
Do I need to apply toner and moisturizer (especially the eye serum and eye cream) after OCM?

And if I don't do OCM everyday, can I still use my conventional cleanser between the OCM?

I may sound dumb...this OCM is very new to me but i am very tempted to give this a try

Yes, just use all your normal products after cleansing with OCM. I don't use any other type of cleanser, I cleanse twice a day with OCM and my skin has never looked better. I always found that when I cleansed with conventional cleansers (including microfoliants) that when I toned afterwards there was always a makeup residue left on my skin. OCM is the only method that truly leaves my skin clean. I would definitely recommend using it everyday.
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu, do you find that OCM twice daily dries your skin out? I would love to do it more often but I'm worried my skin will dry out.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kyrya, my skin is certainly a little dry and flaky at the moment but that is because I started using Retin-A. I really don't think that OCM drys out my skin - I moisturise with emu oil. I suppose that if you are worried about your skin becoming excessively dry you could use OCM in the PM and in the AM just wash with warm water.
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks I'll give it a try Smile
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Well I read all your posts and rushed out to get some cold pressed CO. It's just arrived, so I'm going to try it out tonight, with some jojoba.
I'm looking forward to trying OCM, but i'm not at the same time, as I'm worried about making my skin worse- I'm very congested.
Anyway I'll let you know how it goes.
P

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
Well I read all your posts and rushed out to get some cold pressed CO. It's just arrived, so I'm going to try it out tonight, with some jojoba.
I'm looking forward to trying OCM, but i'm not at the same time, as I'm worried about making my skin worse- I'm very congested.
Anyway I'll let you know how it goes.
P

Good luck. I absolutely love the OCM. It is the best thing I discovered from EDS.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Me too!! I think it's the HG of skin care. My pores used to be very badly congested, blackheads, whiteheads and cysts - the pores on my nose used to look like craters. Now my skin is clear and smooth. OCM definitely works, just stick with it .
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the OCM last night....but nothing came out....no whiteheads or blackheads...and it took so much time to do it *disappointed** Sad

But my skin did absorb the moisturizer faster..i guess the OCM doesn't work for me
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
florli wrote:
I tried the OCM last night....but nothing came out....no whiteheads or blackheads...and it took so much time to do it *disappointed** Sad

But my skin did absorb the moisturizer faster..i guess the OCM doesn't work for me

There are times I don't get anything out. Don't give up so soon. At least give it a few times before going on to something else. I love OCM and how it makes my face feel but I also like it cause it is so relaxing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you're not going to get clear skin overnight. Just keep using OCM everyday and your skin will gradually improve. Also, sometimes I don't do all the massaging, I just use it as I would a regular cleanser, so don't worry if you don't always have enough time to massage for 5 mins - but don't give up. Very Happy
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I did OCM twice yesterday both with steaming and my skin hasn't dried out, yay! And my skin looks lots nicer although I do have two huge pimples at the moment Sad
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
How do you guys steam your face? And how long?

I have always just figured I could do OCM after a long hot shower, and that would be the equivalent of a face steam. Is it not good enough??

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skim,

I've been doing OCM for almost 2 years. I don't use a steamer on my face more than once or twice a week. When I use the face steamer, it's always in the evening and I apply the oil, steam my face for a couple of minutes [all I am after is to open my pores] then I massage the oil on my face ... then I remove with a wash cloth that's been run under warm-to-hot water and rung out.

In the morning, I put the oil on my face before I get into the shower ... and don't take it off until just before getting out of the shower. I wash my hair, shave my legs and underarms, etc ... and then, having let the steam of the shower open my pores, I massage the oils and remove with a wash cloth.

This routine has worked well for me ...

HTH

Mary

skim wrote:
How do you guys steam your face? And how long?

I have always just figured I could do OCM after a long hot shower, and that would be the equivalent of a face steam. Is it not good enough??

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
OK this might sound like a dumb question, but all the plugs that you are getting out of your face, can you actually see them in your skin before you wash your face? I don't have any noticable plugs (well maybe a couple on my nose) but I do have what I think is congestion. It's small bumps that appear during the day, then disappear overnight. Is this maybe something that OCM would get rid of?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Diana,

Initially, I started OCM because of clogged enlarged pores ... and blackhead problems. Confused The blackheads were visible ... but some of the other congestion wasn't really visible ... and there were those "bumps" as well.

I vividly recall the first time I got plugs out ... I had to actually get out of the shower, put on my glasses and look to see what that bit of grit on my finger was! Laughing

After two years, however, I just trust that when I feel grit ... I've removed a plug. However, after two years that happens more and more seldom. I do OCM twice a day ... so the congestion in my skin has been reduced dramatically ... and it's only once in a while that I notice I'm getting anything gritty out. What I do notice is that now my pores don't look so enlarged ... and the pores I can see are clear.

Of course, BHA helps there as well. The key is to get the pores clear ... and keep 'em clear.

HTH

Mary

Diana P wrote:
OK this might sound like a dumb question, but all the plugs that you are getting out of your face, can you actually see them in your skin before you wash your face? I don't have any noticable plugs (well maybe a couple on my nose) but I do have what I think is congestion. It's small bumps that appear during the day, then disappear overnight. Is this maybe something that OCM would get rid of?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I second all of the above. I also had the dreaded bumps, it's taken about 4 months, but they are just about all gone. The big thing is, that by using OCM, I am not getting any new ones. I also recommend doing lactic acid peels on a regular basis.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i'm a newbie Very Happy

Just wanted to say that I've only started OCM three days ago, and am loving it! Skin's oily and congested and very acne prone and recently had a very bad breakout on the chine, ack! Mad
Used EVOO first time, but felt a bit too heavy for my oily skin so switched to virgin coconut oil with a few drops of ylang ylang...yum!

Skin seems smoother, right after it's a bit red but once it's calmed down some it's nice and smooth. Did feel quite a few of those nasty plugs making their exit.. yay! Also got one or two bumps the others mentioned but these seem temporary.

Can't find castor oil where I live so I've ordered it online.. can't wait for it to arrive, I'm expecting great things from it! Just u wait, you stubborn whiteheads!! Bad Grin
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Right, my OCM journey so far...
The first night I tried it, I mixed castor oil/ jojoba 50/50 and started massaging. OMG!!! This was great! After literally a couple of minutes I could feel the plugs coming out, lots of them! This is such a satisfying feeling! I probably massaged for 10-15 minutes, until I could no longer feel new plugs. After washing the oil off with a flannel my skin felt soooo soft and CLEAN my skin had never felt this clean before! My skin looked more hydrated as well, and the fine lines on my forehead had diminshed!
Over the weekend I carried on with OCM in the evenings, and I added a couple of drops of Black Cumin Seed Oil to the mix (antibacterial..I think!).
I haven't been sticking to the 7 mins, as it seems to take a while to start "unplugging", so I've prabably been massaging for 15-20 mins. Each time I've OCM'd I've felt(understandably)less and less plugs, "Great!!" one would think......
NO!! My skin looks so clogged up its gross!! AAAAaaaH!! My pores look enlarged and my skin looks bumpy. What to do?
My face also feels a little tender, could this be to massaging for too long?
I was thinking of using a higher percentage of Castor oil, in hope of drawing the crap out, but then my skin is feeling a little dry, so not sure If I should actually be adding more jojoba???!!!!
Oh god, the trials and tribulations of my skin, nothing is ever simple! Confused
Oooh just realised, I started using a C serum last week as well. Grrr just to confuse things!I know a few people on here have problems with C serums. I might lay off of it for a bit, until I gain control of my skin....wishful thinking maybe!!
Very Happy
P

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
just wondering, does anyone here use a cleanser after OCM? just in case there are some traces of oil remaining? i have oily skin and am experiencing some breakouts now, perhaps it's purging but I did read posts in some other forums about how ppl sometimes use a gentle cleanser or soap after ocm because sometimes if you don't wipe all the oil off it might cause breakouts? Anxious

i'm really liking ocm, skin gets really soft but i now have a huge pimple on the side of my nose which is a place I've never had a pimple before! Crying or Very sad plus some little ones on my chin.... hope i'm not one of those for whom ocm doesn't work Brick wall
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I don't like to use another cleanser after OCM but I do wash my face thoroughly afterwards with a face cloth and warm water to make sure there is no oil residue left on my skin. I also use an alcohol free toner - I like the Olive Water Toner by L'Occitane but currently I'm using Garden of Wisdom's Strawberry Toner. By using a toner, your skin feels fresh and any trace of oil is removed.
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
well since my last panic post things have improved greatly!! I stopped adding the BCSO and swapped the jojoba for sweet almond oil. My skin is the clearest it been in months, so I'm really pleased with the results of OCM. I've also been adding some EOs which really makes the whole OCM experience even more pleasurable. I actually really look forward to my ocm cleansing in the evening now!

p

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone remember where the actual instructions are for what to do after applying the oil to your face?
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
hi keliu

I was just wondering whether we can use OCM in the same way as dermalogica pre-cleanse. also i read that in japan it's quite normal to use cleansing oil first followed by a cleanser. but i also read somewhere else that using a cleanser afterwards might negate the benefit of OCM... ah the mind boggles!! maybe i should just stop reading so much! Smile
anyhoo i tried using a gentle cleanser last night after OCM, did feel a bit tight afterwards but only for a short while. i think i'll try this out for a few days and see ...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |