Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Thanks Riley and Darkmoon. I love that saying. I read it somewhere years ago and have never forgotten it.

Darkmoon, yes, that's the only thing I don't like about hempseed oil. It has a shelf life of about 6 weeks. Even the smallest bottle is more than I need for 6 weeks of OCM and it's about $10 a bottle. I have started using it on my salads and cooked veggies because it has high doses of omega 3's and 6's and is also high in lienolic acid. Fortunately, I love the taste. I have heard some people say they don't like the flavor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Laughing Thanks Riley and Darkmoon. I love that saying. I read it somewhere years ago and have never forgotten it.

Darkmoon, yes, that's the only thing I don't like about hempseed oil. It has a shelf life of about 6 weeks. Even the smallest bottle is more than I need for 6 weeks of OCM and it's about $10 a bottle. I have started using it on my salads and cooked veggies because it has high doses of omega 3's and 6's and is also high in lienolic acid. Fortunately, I love the taste. I have heard some people say they don't like the flavor.

I think that's a great idea I don't mind the flavor either! I just wanted those reading the thread to be aware of the short shelf life, the idea of rancid oil just really bothers me!

That is really a great sig! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
This is probably already somewhere in this huge thread, but I'm wondering what's the best way to take the OCM when travelling - I'm thinking it would have to be in a dark glass bottle to keep the oils fresh, but would like to hear any ideas on this. Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
clustersof3 wrote:
This is probably already somewhere in this huge thread, but I'm wondering what's the best way to take the OCM when travelling - I'm thinking it would have to be in a dark glass bottle to keep the oils fresh, but would like to hear any ideas on this. Thanks!

If I am only going for 1-2 weeks I use the small plastic bottles I get with makeup bags and it's been fine so far. I try not to drag glass if I can help it and if flying they are small enough to keep in my carry on avoiding oil all over my clothes, thanks to those gentle luggage handlers! Smile

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
If I am only going for 1-2 weeks I use the small plastic bottles I get with makeup bags and it's been fine so far. I try not to drag glass if I can help it and if flying they are small enough to keep in my carry on avoiding oil all over my clothes, thanks to those gentle luggage handlers! Smile
DM

Thanks, I was wondering if a small plastic bottle would work...really don't want oil all over my clothes...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
clustersof3 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
DM

Thanks, I was wondering if a small plastic bottle would work...really don't want oil all over my clothes...

LOL Nope! They really work quite well for me. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering whether anyone had tried rice bran oil with OCM? I just saw it in the market and was curious about it. I found this about rice bran oil online:

More antioxidant-manufacturing companies are using rice bran oil as their basic oil because rice bran oil has good oxidative stability. In Japan, rice bran oil is popular. So is the eating of rice bran in baked goods and cereals. For centuries, Japanese women used rice bran oil to smooth wrinkles out on their face. Rice bran oil today is used to make soaps. According to the article at the Honest Foods.com site, “Most Japanese restaurants in the USA have now switched to Rice Bran Oil for their Tempura Frying Oil because of its superior performance in this special application.”

the Honest Foods.com site also notes that women that use rice bran oil as a skin moisturizer are called “nuka-bijin,” which in English means bran-beauty. It’s the oryzanol in the rice bran oil that whitens the skin slightly by restraining the ‘eryhema’ activity of ‘tyrosinase’ (according to the Oilseeds International Ltd. site.

As the women walk in the sunlight, the rice bran oil acts as a sort of sun screen to block a little of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. So all over Japan, rice bran oil has been used for decades in sunscreen products and hair conditioners, lipsticks, nail polish, and other cosmetics because it can be turned into a lipstick or smooth well in a cream or conditioner. It is known for its spreadability.

From http://www.examiner.com/x-7160-Sacramento-Nutrition-Examiner~y2009m4d17-Health-benefits-of-rice-bran-oil-in-foods-soaps-and-cosmetics

I've been very happy with my various OCM combinations with CO. Avocado & hempseed are my favorites right now. I've tried red palm oil, but it's so *orange*! (Although it takes eye makeup off the best, in my opinion.) Didn't care much for jojoba or olive, although they'll do in a pinch. And I have an unopened bottle of macadamia nut oil in the pantry, waiting for me to finish up the hemp seed oil! Still, I'm wondering whether the rice bran oil would be effective on hyperpigmentation.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
longshanks

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Would it be possible to freeze Hemp Seed Oil so that it could be stored for longer???

I have just bought some and it cost me £10...not exactly the earth when I consider how much money I have wasted on stuff that hasn't done a thing for my skin, but even so, it would help if it was a viable option.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
longshanks wrote:
Hi,
Would it be possible to freeze Hemp Seed Oil so that it could be stored for longer???

I have just bought some and it cost me £10...not exactly the earth when I consider how much money I have wasted on stuff that hasn't done a thing for my skin, but even so, it would help if it was a viable option.

According to research you can freeze oils without harming them, you may want to freeze in separate amounts that you will thaw for use. I personally wouldn't want to repeatedly freeze and thaw the same batch, not scientific but just goes against the grain in my thoughts.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Darkmoon,
I have now decanted the contents of the bottle into little 50ml brown bottles I found in 'As Nature Intended' and put them in the freezer (the oil doesn't actually freeze, but is a bit like vodka, lol).
Thank you for your reply.
Longshanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
longshanks wrote:
Thanks Darkmoon,
I have now decanted the contents of the bottle into little 50ml brown bottles I found in 'As Nature Intended' and put them in the freezer (the oil doesn't actually freeze, but is a bit like vodka, lol).
Thank you for your reply.
Longshanks

No problem, Glad it helped. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
hi
Because for the place I lived, it's hard to find castor oil, while shopping @ online website, the shipping fee is very expensive.
Now I can only buy extra olive oil at my place, If I only use olive oil(didn't mix with castor oil), does it work for cleansing my pore? I have very dry skin. Thanks for help.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I just found this forum and have been reading many of the posts to learn about OCM. I just tried it for the first time tonight and am excited to see the results over the next few days/weeks.

I used 50/50 castor oil and EVOO for about 10 minutes. I think this is longer than some of the instructions advise, but I only noticed 2 plugs come out. I was pretty sure that I wiped all the oil away with the warm washcloth, but about an hour later my face felt a little greasy, especially at the edges of where I oiled. I guess I didn't wipe it all away after all.

Overall, I didn't see much happen...not many plugs or blackheads came out. But my skin tone did look nice afterward.

I have combination skin. I have oily T-zone with pimples at PMS time, lots of large pores and black heads in the T-Zone, Dry/normal cheeks.

How often should I do the oil cleansing?

How close to the eye do you rub the oil?

Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello and Welcome FlipMacoy,

I use this method everyday but you have to find if that's too much for your skin or not? I don't have sensitive skin and also never break out. Smile
I use the oil to remove eye makeup including mascara so there is no problem around the eyes just be gentle. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Can I combine this with Tanaka massage? You use oil for tanaka, if I massaged for tanaka, then wiped the oil away with the warm cloth afetrwards, would it amount to oil cleansing? the only issue I see is that for tanaka your face is supposed to already be clean... anyone think of a way to combine this?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
gossamerwings wrote:
Can I combine this with Tanaka massage? You use oil for tanaka, if I massaged for tanaka, then wiped the oil away with the warm cloth afetrwards, would it amount to oil cleansing? the only issue I see is that for tanaka your face is supposed to already be clean... anyone think of a way to combine this?

I would say definitely! You can always wash with a gentle cleanser first then use the oil for the Tanaka massage, as a matter of fact I believe a few members do combine the two llina comes to mind. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
That's wonderful! I am game as soon as I find castor oil. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
gossamerwings wrote:
That's wonderful! I am game as soon as I find castor oil. Smile

LOL It's best to use cold pressed you can find it at the health food stores, it's a laxative taken internally! Smile If you can't find it where you live it can be ordered online. The other option that works very well for many is straight Jojoba.

HTH Smile

Tue May 25, 2010 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, it's day 2 of my OCM. I didn't notice any dirt or plugs this time but I think I am starting to feel a few raised pores and bumps around my face. Maybe my clogged pores need a few days of this to begin to release old dirt and sebum?

@DarkMoon - thanks for your answers!

One thing I am curious about now is what others do about the oil getting in your hair. I would guess that some of you do not use shampoo (no-poo) but I do although not daily. Do you find that the hair around your face gets greasy from this? Question
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
FlipMacoy wrote:
Well, it's day 2 of my OCM. I didn't notice any dirt or plugs this time but I think I am starting to feel a few raised pores and bumps around my face. Maybe my clogged pores need a few days of this to begin to release old dirt and sebum?

@DarkMoon - thanks for your answers!

One thing I am curious about now is what others do about the oil getting in your hair. I would guess that some of you do not use shampoo (no-poo) but I do although not daily. Do you find that the hair around your face gets greasy from this? Question

I tie mine back in a ponytail and put a soft wide hairband on to keep my hair out of the oil. I find not wiping outwards while removing oil also keeps my hair oil free. Smile

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Since I've been intrigued with the idea of the OCM for a while, this was one of the first threads that I read through when I first discovered these forums. Very Happy

I started using the OCM with 50/50 EVOO/castor oil (I don't think it's cold pressed though because I just bought it at the drug store and it doesn't specify) and the occasional drop or two of TTO. I have developed "odd" skin over the past few years and I'm having a very hard time balancing it - it's definitely oily in the t-zone, but everywhere else it's pretty normal as far as moisture, but it's blotchy and I've been developing cystic acne, especially along my jaw line. After a few days of the OCM I think my skin kind of purged because I had 6-8 acne spots show up all at once (this isn't normal for me), but they went away and my skin was starting to look good. My only complaint was that the EVOO was a little bit too heavy, so I placed an order for some oils and went back to my old cleanser while I waited.

Fast forward a week... My new oils arrived and I decided to try DarkMoon's OCM for oily skin. It's much lighter and I'm loving the EO's, but now I have a brand new crop of acne along my jaw line. The pores on my nose and cheeks are greatly improved, but this acne is driving me absolutely crazy. Could I be purging again or do I really just have to test all of the EO's to see if I'm having some kind of reaction? I really don't want to give this up because I love the process - I'm just not loving the results at the moment. Sad
vjb

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
It's been so helpful to read this thread. I've been using the OCM for a few weeks now after reading about it elsewhere online, and started with straight jojoba oil, as I already had a bottle of it, but after a week or so my skin started to get a bit congested. (I have normal skin with a slightly oily t-zone and got a couple of small spots, a milia and some bumps.)

After reading through everyone's advice, I'm now on Day 2 using 25% castor oil and 75% jojoba, and my skin's looking terrific. It was so odd to cleanse this morning and have those tiny bits of grit come out under my fingers, just as predicted! Smile And my sunscreen soaked in without a trace – I usually get a shiny face for five to ten minutes, but this time it was just gone and I had the glowy semi-matte look other people have mentioned.

I am so pleased! I really hope this keeps up.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
It's been a week since my last OCM post and I've been using OCM at night and my usual cleanser in the morning and I'm very happy to report that my face is doing wonderfully. Very Happy I have one spot that's clearing slowly (it's mainly just red now, but is pretty easy to cover), but the rest of my face is smooth. I am quite pale, so redness takes a while to go away, but I am confident that OCM, along with a few other things I've picked up from this forum (ie. aspirin masks/spot treatments, DIY YonKa Emulsion Pure, ACV toner) are improving my skins condition. I am so glad I found you all!
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to try this. I am using vitamin E oil (its veg oil, sunflower oil, and vitamin E) and castor oil- about 60/40.

The first time I did it, I did find some plugs- which surprised me, because my skin is basically clear. I thought it was grains of makeup or something, but it happened again later on.

I've been doing it about four days, and honestly do love it.

And i am also surprised, because according to my dermatologist, I can not use any oil based or "Greasy" cleanser or lotion on my chin and mouth area because it aggravates the peri-oral dermatitis (ponds cold cream will have me broken out, itchy and flakey within 24 hours), but, I am having no issues with this at all.

My fine lines do look diminished, and my skin appears to be better hydrated.

Disclaimer: I've been using vitamin E to remove eye makeup for about 4 years. On and off my whole makeup life. As far as my face though, I've just used warm water, or baby shampoo. Anything else irritated it.

Second disclaimer: I also added DYI vitamin c serum two weeks ago, however, its with the OCM right now that I am seeing immediate results, so I don't think the skin tone is from the vitamin C serum yet.

Last night I ran to the grocers sans makeup (a first), and was hit on by a guy, and then carded for wine coolers at the register!!! Thats not happened in AGES (boo hoo).

Today is the best makeup day I have had in forever. I really like this cleansing method.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Can you use Jojoba oil mixed with castor oil to wash- then a little jojoba as a moisturizer after?

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |