Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Ugh. My face feels less bumpy today.. but when I got to the mirror it's way more red and blotchy than usual. And I have a mustache and a beard of redness. Oi.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Ugh. My face feels less bumpy today.. but when I got to the mirror it's way more red and blotchy than usual. And I have a mustache and a beard of redness. Oi.

Is it dry and red? What mix are you using again, it may be the CO is too high an amount for your skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I need you guys to advise what I should do and what happens to my skin.

I have a been using OCM nightly for few weeks.

No complaint as it does deep cleanse my skin and pores.

However, every night I find tons and countless amount of sand-like crystals come out from the same parts of may face (nl folds & upper cheeks) when I use OCM.

How come?

I have to spend at least 25 mins to have them come off from the pores.

I don't wear makeup, just simple regime:

AM Cleanse & copper peptides & sunscreen

PM Cleanse & Retin-A & sometimes squalane
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
It's not dry, it's just red.. I've cut back on the CO amount already some.. It's just unhappily red.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
It's not dry, it's just red.. I've cut back on the CO amount already some.. It's just unhappily red.

The only other thing I can think is cut back on the massage time a bit. Or the oil you are using in your blend may not agree with your skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004,

I think it's totally normal that in a few weeks time you are still getting gunk out! It takes time for your skin to rid itself first off and regulate oil production. Thank your lucky stars no purge! Smile I never had break outs and nothing much came out, but this makes my skin glow and feel and look great, more even toned. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Girls

Well my skin has healed from my TCA cross on enlarged pores and my TCA peel. To begin with my pores which I'd treated with TCA cross looked worse but everyone says that is to be expected and now they're looking better - but the healing takes 4-6 weeks of longer before any permanent changes in collagen can be noticed.

I'm using jojoba as a moisturiser again. Once I return from my wedding (I live in Australia and we're flying to Las Vegas to get married) I'll recommence the OCM but I'm going to avoid it until then because I don't want to risk a purge.

I know this post isn't really about OCM exactly but I wanted to keep you guys posted Smile

x
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
My skin where it's not red haha looks better then it has in a while. Less blackheads.. It was less red a few days ago, now it's like breakout pimply red as opposed to patchy.

When I was using EVOO it never cleared anywhere.. so there's an improvement, it just may be a depressing world's longest purge lol.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

Yes, it is surprising that I have not had any breakout as sometimes it takes me 50 minutes to do the cleansing.

I find that I have to let the oil sit on the skin for few minutes to soften to skin. By doing so, it is a bit easier for me to make the crystals come out.

Still, I feel many crystals being buried under my skin and my pores are congested as I find my skin are bumpy but I cannot make it come out.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I don't know Summer, maybe it just will take time for all that to get out finally? Smile

I prefer just oil but I know some want surfactants so here I am cross posting a link.

For those who want a rinsing agent in a cleansing oil here is a link with some very nice recipes tailored to skin type!

http://www.a1-natural-beauty.com/Cleansing_Oil.html

The recipes:

Cleansing Oils Recipe:

For oily and acne prone skin

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. liquid castile soap
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
1 tsp. vegetable glycerin
3 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops tea-tree essential oil

For normal and combination

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops orange essential oil

For dry and mature skin

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops carrot-seed essential oil
3 drops geranium essential oil

For sensitive skin

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops German-chamomile essential oil
3 drops helichrysum essential oil

For the whole body

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops peppermint essential oil
3 drops rosemary essential oil

Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bottle. Shake thoroughly before each use. These cleansing oils will keep for about 1 month and can be custom-tailored for every skin type using various essential oils. Caution: Pregnant women and epileptics should avoid using lemon, orange, carrot-seed, peppermint and rosemary essential oils.
HTH

5% products discount

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I have taken your advice and decided to try switching oil again. I've gone to jojoba. Skin feels smooth.. Places that were finally blackhead clear still look good. Redness might be a touch better today.

I unfortunately have a 10-15 year or more bad habit though of poking my skin. Trying to remove blackheads as until now absolutely nothing I tried removed them. I've been trying to not poke at my skin as I see improvements..

Though the 'beard' of nasty trying to get out of my skin I feel sometimes needs help Sad When the ick is getting close to the surface I sometimes want to poke it to let it out now..

I'm trying to just let the oil work nd touch it less.. but after so long poking at it.. it's hard to break the habit.

I'm hoping that between changing oils and trying to harass my face less there will be more improvements. Smile
MafiaPrincess
5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Update..

So I've tried to cut back on the amount of castor oil I use (sometimes hard as it pours out faster then I was expecting). And I've moved to jojoba for 5 or so days. My face looks a little better..

Slightly less red. The cystic like bumps seem to be smaller. Taking forever to clear up, but I guess it means I had an awful lot to purge.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Update..

So I've tried to cut back on the amount of castor oil I use (sometimes hard as it pours out faster then I was expecting). And I've moved to jojoba for 5 or so days. My face looks a little better..

Slightly less red. The cystic like bumps seem to be smaller. Taking forever to clear up, but I guess it means I had an awful lot to purge.

MafiaPrincess,

I have noticed that some are just more prone to get those awful cystic attacks than others? That's one thing I have never seen any answer as to why, but the do stop after a time! Glad you are hanging in there! Smile

5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I figure at this point there's no point to stopping now, lol.

The cyctic bumps I have are still mildly painful, but it is improving. It's just been a really long road.. but it's getting there..
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I need you guys to advise what I should do and what happens to my skin.

I have a been using OCM nightly for few weeks.

No complaint as it does deep cleanse my skin and pores.

However, every night I find tons and countless amount of sand-like crystals come out from the same parts of may face (nl folds & upper cheeks) when I use OCM.

How come?

I have to spend at least 25 mins to have them come off from the pores.

I don't wear makeup, just simple regime:

AM Cleanse & copper peptides & sunscreen

PM Cleanse & Retin-A & sometimes squalane

Hi Summer, I've been doing the OCM for a couple months now and I'm STILL getting lots of stuff (congestion) out of the edge of my chin. Every other spot on my face is pretty well cleaned out, but that's just where the congestion was the worst. I've noticed that I tend to rest my chin on my hand during the day (which I now stop myself from doing) but I believe that contributed to the heavy congestion. Just keep doing the OCM and eventually it will get cleaned out.
Oh, and when I first started, I did the massage for 2 hrs I had so much stuff coming out. I now still do 20-30 minutes as I do tend to congestion. But the OCM is the most significant change to my skin EVER. I am enthralled with the changes in my face and I will never go back to not doing OCM.
HTH
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Update..

Hi Mafia Princess, I am sorry to hear that you're still experiencing purging. It DOES end though and you will be thrilled with the changes in your skin. I went from skin that looked and felt like the surface of the moon to smooth like glass, and soft, soft, soft skin. The contours of my jawline, where the congestion was just unbelievably bad, has actually changed. My chin feels softer and cushier. I think I actually had so much congestion that my chin was 'stiff' with it. Yick, I know. But for as awful as my purge was, I still wouldn't go back and NOT do it. So hang in there. One thing I can recommend is the Ghassoul (Rhassoul) mud mask from ZamouriSpice.com. It has the best 'pull' of any mask I've ever used. It helped get things that were stuck and getting inflamed out of my skin, and helped clear up the undergounders too. I used it one night and hours later when I was going to bed, I noticed a dark spot on one of the undergound bumps on my jaw and when I wiped it away (it was a drop of blood) there was just the open pore underneath and the bump was gone. It must have come to a head and fallen out after I did the mask.
I hope you are cleared up and happy soon! Cool
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I think another thing to be aware of is telephones resting against your chin and transferring yuck! Smile We do that so unconsciously but cleaning your phone even your cell can help.

When I do long massages like SoCalGal recommended I do so when I have time to soak in a hot tub (maybe once a week) the steamy warmth from the water helps clear out the skin a great deal! Smile

5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys. It's nice to know it gets better. Wish I'd had the extra info when I started this alone this summer. When I googled OCM all I got was the original page with directions. Used EVOO and massaged less than a minute. I could have been purging all that time.

I see changes.. just some days it's disappointing to wake up and a clear spot is back to purging out junk. I know it's getting somewhere though.

I checked out zamouri spices.. but being canadian they screw you on shipping. Won't do usps here only ups priority.. 17 bucks to ship a 13 dollar product. Ugh.

I've thought about phones in the past but not recently.. good call. I also try to change my pillow cases more often just in case, even though I wash my face before bed. I try to cover them with my blankets during the day but my dogs enjoy laying on the pillows many days.. While they are bathed weekly they could be leaving stuff on my pillows.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Thanks guys. It's nice to know it gets better. Wish I'd had the extra info when I started this alone this summer. When I googled OCM all I got was the original page with directions. Used EVOO and massaged less than a minute. I could have been purging all that time.

I see changes.. just some days it's disappointing to wake up and a clear spot is back to purging out junk. I know it's getting somewhere though.

I checked out zamouri spices.. but being canadian they screw you on shipping. Won't do usps here only ups priority.. 17 bucks to ship a 13 dollar product. Ugh.

I've thought about phones in the past but not recently.. good call. I also try to change my pillow cases more often just in case, even though I wash my face before bed. I try to cover them with my blankets during the day but my dogs enjoy laying on the pillows many days.. While they are bathed weekly they could be leaving stuff on my pillows.

Geez, bummer about the shipping. Does SheaTeraOrganics do the same? They have a good Moroccan mud too. Maybe google Ghassoual or Rhassoul. Good luck no matter what. The REN products helped too.
SCG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a Canadian seller of Rhassoul Clay

http://www.sudsandscents.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CL-525&Category_Code=C2

Rhassoul Clay

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: CL-525
Price:$2.95

Shipping Weight: 0.00 pounds

Select Size:
60G - $2.95
100 gm - $5.25
250 gm - $9.95
500G - $17.75
1KG - 31.95

Quantity:

Amazing Rhassoul Clay (Moroccan Lava Clay) Rich in silica and magnesium along with potassium and calcium.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I just ordered 250g of it. Here's hoping it helps a touch Smile

I tried googling and didn't find it here. Thanks so much.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
MafiaPrincess wrote:
Thank you. I just ordered 250g of it. Here's hoping it helps a touch Smile

I tried googling and didn't find it here. Thanks so much.

Glad I found it, I think it's a great clay to use! I hope it works out well for you! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Here is a Canadian seller of Rhassoul Clay

http://www.sudsandscents.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CL-525&Category_Code=C2

Rhassoul Clay

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: CL-525
Price:$2.95

Shipping Weight: 0.00 pounds

Select Size:
60G - $2.95
100 gm - $5.25
250 gm - $9.95
500G - $17.75
1KG - 31.95

Quantity:

Amazing Rhassoul Clay (Moroccan Lava Clay) Rich in silica and magnesium along with potassium and calcium.

Wow! Amazing finding this! I'm glad MP is going to get some.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
SoCalGal,

I just have a magic touch with google, just kidding! LOL Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I usually joke that I'm the queen of google finding things friends of mine can't. But I was a fail in this case. Glad I get to try the mud.

I've been afraid to put things on my face lately. Unsure what might be a good thing. I used unending acne treatments in the past that never worked. Toners I hoped would dry out my face as I thought it might dry up the acne and blackheads.. Facewashes all promising to help..

I have a couple of bottles of peeling masks that promise to be gentle for sensitive skin I've tried. A light moisturizer that is heavy with jojoba oil.. and some days I'm using straight jojoba to moisturize. Beyond that I'm scared lol.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |