Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
ricebunny,

I agree no one thing is a perfect match for everyone! The only thing I could suggest is a nice helping of Tea Tree oil in the mix if you ever tried it again, which I am fairly certain won't happen! Very Happy and that would have to be kept away from the eyes.
There are many who find Castor oil does wonders for the lashes, others say it does nothing, personally I think anything that conditions your lashes helps them look their best. They are healthier so hang in longer, don't break off and end up looking fantastic!

Sorry you are one who had a bad experience with OCM!
I love it and have used it for a long time, but I know there are things others have great success with that I just cannot tolerate, or react oddly to.
Wishing you all my best!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi ricebunny and welcome Smile

Castor oil is really very good for eyelashes I am also using it and i enjoy the results . With the OCM ..... My personal opinion is that there is not such a think as purging and all the breakouts are as a result of irritation and allergies and so on . My philosophy is less is more in the moment i see something strange on my face I just stop it .And I can try once again after my skin is calming down . In that way i am doing with retinol and AHA lotions. There are times when I can go for 4-5 days in a row using retinol and suddenly i can see a irritation or a cyst .. At that point i am stopping and waiting for a couple of days. In your case , my guess is that it was just too much... I stated the OCM 2 weeks ago since this tread was reinvigorated and so far so good but i am not doing it every night. And my personal addition to it was that for the massage I use the vaculift.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Not quite sure where to put this question, but since this is about oils, I thought here would be a good place. Can anyone recommend a good site that tells, in depth, about oils and their benefits? I am specifically looking for info on grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil and the benefits to facial skin. The sites I have checked seem to have just a brief description of the oils, and I am looking for more info! TIA!

Here are some links to three sites with information anout many oils and their properties.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/choose-the-best-cosmetic-ingredient.html

http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/whatcarr.asp

http://www.zhealthinfo.com/carrier.htm

HTH
DM
DM

Thanks, DM. More for me to read!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, DM. More for me to read!

Thought I would make your day Riley! Just trying to help LOL

Bad Grin
DM

5% products discount

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon and talyta, for the welcome. Very Happy

I wish I found this forum sooner...maybe things would have turned out a little better (like the tea tree oil suggestion, why didn't I think of that?!?)

At any rate, I envy you two gals because you can use OCM.

DarkMoon, thanks for the link, it's very helpful.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ricebunny,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting - your experience isn't that far removed from my own. I only did OCM for one week; had a reaction (pimples + big cystic pimple); stopped 'til things calmed down; gave it another go; got another huge cystic pimple; stopped altogether. My thinking was that in all likelihood, OCM wasn't for me (sadly Sad); or even if it is, now's not a good time to try as my skin's become very reactive). Anyhow, to my surprise, my skin's yet to calm down. I've got a beard of red angy pimples threatening to sprout forth on my chin, and another batch on my forehead between my eyes... and I stopped a week ago. (Normally I never get pimples, and if I get the odd one, it resolves itself within a day. So I'm mystified...)
To be fair, nothing's working for me at the moment; but I had hoped OCM would provide the TLC my skin needs (when what it probably really needs is simply a holiday from me and my good intentions Laughing )
Anyhow, good luck and enjoy EDS - they're a wonderful bunch.
Lee
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Cheesetoastie & Ricebunny.....it sounds like we're the 3 stooges right now with OCM not being kind to our skin. My skin has been reacting just like yours and it's really depressing me. I have rosacea and "occasional" breakouts, but this last round has had me in tears. I would like to say that maybe I'd give this another shot after everything calms down, but in all honesty I'm afraid to. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
To all three suffering, I want to post someones experience who went through the same, PURGE

i have an organic shop nearby so maybe just maybe it is possible to play with this?

coperniciaalba@gmail.com

Thanks

Feb 27, 2009 11:07 AM Guest :
I'm doing this with almond oil and it works wonders! Not only my skin is much better, but also my very thin and reactive skin around the eyes is suffering much less since I remove the heavy concealer and mascara with this oil.
I have a port-wine stain under my right eye and deep dark circles, so I use heavy make up on that sensitive region. Years of harsh cleansers made me accelerate the appearance of eye wrinkles.
I can't find castor oil in my country (and almond oil is sold in every pharmacy). But I will try others, and home made blends. I'm really happy with this method!.
Mar 8, 2009 7:42 PM Guest :
I've been using ocm for 3 days now and I've seen a big improvment.
Still not completely clear, but it's definately getting there.

I was wondering if I should use this method in the morning and night?
And if not, what type of cleanser/moisturizer so you suggest in the morning?
Because you certainly can't put make-up over the oils.
Apr 1, 2009 11:55 PM Guest :
I woke up with acne one day (age 21) and didn't know how to properly cleanse my face and deal with this problem. My skin was fairly oily (without moisterizing). I was using Dove bar soap and moisterizing using Keri lotion. Never worked for me, I kept breaking out (getting more pimples, the big red dots that hurt).
Then I started cleansing with a gentle acne cleansing exfoliator (Vichy Normaderm exfoliator) and moisterizing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of a facial or body cream. I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my body and my face. It is very cost efficient and it works! I have no acne and very soft supple skin, at last! One year of acne and now I'll never have them again, thank God!
Apr 13, 2009 4:48 AM Guest :
I have been using the OCM for almost 6 months now. I am a 29 year old woman that has not had clear skin since I was 14. When I started getting acne as a teen my mother taught me to "pop" my zits. Because I saw some improvement with popping it became an addictive cycle of picking and pimples. Since I never stopped picking at my skin I have had severe acne lesions, small cysts and deep nodules nestled in the subcutaneous layers of my flesh. It seemed like I was always bumpy. I used to call myself "braille face."

Over the years I have tried all of the methods except accutane. I have been prescribed antibiotics, topical gels, retin-a and other remedies. I have gone to day spas and paid for $400 facials and skin treatments. Yet I still had acne. Because I am an African American female my acne was accompanied by dark spots called hyperpigmentation, scars and light pitting that are hard to cover with makeup.

Last year I was at the end of my rope...then I discovered OCM. After the first wash I could tell a difference. My skin appeared brighter. My usually oily face was noticeably matte the next morning. I kept using this method with some serious improvement for the first two weeks and then...Ta Da! More acne. MORE ACNE!?! Large red bumps and open blackheads filled with hardened plugs the likes of which I had never seen started to emerge. My skin felt like braille again. I was embarrassed and constantly picking at my face. My cheeks were red and brown from the irritated acne scars and hyperpigmentation. Yes, I was still picking but that was not the only cause of this drudgery, it was the OCM.

Although I was having a major breakout I knew that any skincare regiment of this kind would require a period of "getting worse before getting better." I realized though that I needed to press on with the OCM. This is called the purging period.

OCM has purged away bumps that I thought were premature wrinkles and hardened nodules nestled so deep in my flesh that I thought they would never be released. After 6 months my skin is almost completely new and purged. I adjusted the ratio to 90% EVOO/10% Castor oil in effort to retard the purging process and slow the eruptions a bit. It has worked, it has worked, it has worked, it has worked, SOMETHING has finally worked! After the final holdouts of stubborn blackheads are released from my skin I know that they are never coming back. I am looking forward to my thirties with a fresh face.

Amani Murph

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just a thought - for those of you who are having trouble with OCM, are you using a toner afterwards? IMO this is quite important as I find it thoroughly removes any oily residue that might be left on the skin after washing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,
You make a very good point! You have to make sure all oil and the gunk it brings out is thoroughly removed from your skin!
I couldn't agree more Kelilu, toners do the job of final cleansing amazingly well!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
For those with skin that is prone to breakouts, I think a toner with Salicylic Acid is also beneficial. I make my own by mixing 100ml each of water with 4 aspirin (Salicylic Acid) and apple cider vinegar. You can add a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil to take away the smell - the lemon is also good for closing the pores.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu & DM,

Yes, I was using a mix of water and ACV as my toner. I use it most every night after cleansing and I also rinsed "alot" with hot water and a wash cloth. I was very concerned about getting all the oil off so I don't think that was the problem. I just really think my skin was purging and still is a bit, but right now I'm just trying to get it back to my normal state. If I could go somewhere and hide for a few months Wink then maybe I'd be willing to go through the purging stage. Although it does concern me that with severe outbreaks I could end up with scarring. I only have a few scars now and would never want to add to them.

I don't particularly mind the ACV smell, but I might try adding the lemon. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird,
Even without using the OCM try Kelilu's suggestion as far as adding the aspirin to your ACV toner along with the lemon, the Salicylic acid is great to get rid of breakouts and is an excellent exfoliant as well!
Sorry the OCM doesn't work for you!

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Just a thought after doing some digging on the web could the ACV be to harsh with rosacea? I know different people with the condition have different "triggers" How long have you been using it? Did you start it way before OCM or around the same time? I also read from those who have rosacea that hot water can aggravate it? Trying to figure it all out!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
DM, I so appreciate you trying to help. I actually read about using ACV as a toner a long time ago (maybe a year or so). I seem to be fine as long as I don't use it full strength and avoid rubbing the apples of my cheeks. I'm able to use an aspirin mask about once a week and yes hot water makes my skin red, but then again anything I do to my skin makes it red for quite awhile afterwards. Even the AALS makes my skin pretty red. This is why I always do any kind of treatment at night, so by morning my skin is calm. I've never really been able to figure my skin out, what makes it react and what makes it stay so clear at times. With makeup on I've had people tell me they think I have perfect skin Shock which makes me feel good, but I know what's under that makeup and I've always wished I could go without. I loved the idea of OCM as I had never heard about oil cleansing oil. Although I hadn't heard about this I was even hopeful that it might get rid of the milia around my eyes. I guess this is all part of the journey of self-improvement...trial and error. Again, I thank you for trying to figure this out for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
SongBird,
Sorry, It does appear you are doing whatever you can to keep your skin calm, you know your skin best! The only thing I can add is watch for foods that exacerbate flair ups. I wouldn't be suprized to hear you are already well aware of that! I really wish I could offer more help!

DM Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi DarkMoon,

I did what you told me. I massaged the oil longer in my face and there were stuff coming out. Im not sure if they're dirt or the clogs? But I guess there are the clogs because they look green...ewww. My face must be seriously clogged because I can go on massagint forever and the clogs just keep coming out. I hope my blackeads can be reduced.

Do you know what I can do to reduce my pores? My pores has been becoming bigger. It wasnt that big last time. I suspect it's the clarisonic! Maybe too much exfoliation can make them bigger? You think that's possible?
I feel like I've wasted money buying the clarisonic. It did not help with blackheads, keep my skin clear and my pores did not become smaller but bigger!!! urgh

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion both the ACV toner (especially kept in the fridge) with aspirin are great at helping with tightening pores. If you don't wish to make your own then a good toner again kept cold and a clay mask once or twice a week will help a lot.
As you keep those pores clear of the lovely gunk, they will stop filling up and no more stretching! You might want to use the Clarisonic for a shorter amount of time, too much of a good thing can make matters worse. I know many love the results with it!

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
In my opinion both the ACV toner (especially kept in the fridge) with aspirin are great at helping with tightening pores. If you don't wish to make your own then a good toner again kept cold and a clay mask once or twice a week will help a lot.

How does a clay mask help reduce pore size? I thought it's supposed to "suck out" blackheads, but if OCM is already unplugging them, then what does the clay mask do? hmm

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Clay masks help tighten the skin as well as pulling excess sebum, oils out. They do help close the pores temporarily helping them not fill in as quickly.
This is a process (OCM) not an overnight miracle, the toner is a great help, as well as a mask once or twice a week.

IMHO
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone feel their oil heat up when you first apply it to your face? I love that self-heating effect that it has.

Unfortunately, I have been using OCM on and off for about a month and I haven't actually felt anything purge out.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I warm mine by rubbing it between my hands so it feels warm going on. I do feel warming of my skin from the massaging.
Funkydory maybe you need to tweak your mix if you don't feel anything coming out, or you haven't got much gunk in the skin?
I no longer bring out anything I FEEL as I have been doing this method of cleansing for years.
HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Did 30% castor, 30% jojoba and 40% avocado now Very Happy. Feels good.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
Did 30% castor, 30% jojoba and 40% avocado now Very Happy. Feels good.

Great Very Happy
Please keep us posted as to how it works for you! Very Happy

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just saw this thread. I've been using the OCM for a few weeks now and what a difference! My pores have never been so clean and looked so small, YEAH!!!
I've been using 20%castor, 30%EVOO, 30%grapeseed - does anyone have a good toner recommendation? I've just been using mineral water(Avene). Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |