Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jabreu69

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much DM for the quick reply. I am actually going through the thread right from the beginning, but I am still a little nerveous but nonetheless, am going to give this method a chance. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
jabreu69 wrote:
Thank you so much DM for the quick reply. I am actually going through the thread right from the beginning, but I am still a little nerveous but nonetheless, am going to give this method a chance. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again. Very Happy

No problem! I am glad to help if I can! Smile

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Tried OCM for the first time and ... WOW. Applied my usual AHA lotion afterwords and felt that old familiar sting like I haven't in months! It was if I was using AHA for the first time! I figure this must be from prepping the skin for better penetration because I can't imagine that putting OIL on your face would exfoliate the skin's surface all that much.

I definitely want to keep this up. Not everyday (still too afraid of a breakout) but twice a week or so, or as prep for a lotion.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
murray28 wrote:
Tried OCM for the first time and ... WOW. Applied my usual AHA lotion afterwords and felt that old familiar sting like I haven't in months! It was if I was using AHA for the first time! I figure this must be from prepping the skin for better penetration because I can't imagine that putting OIL on your face would exfoliate the skin's surface all that much.

I definitely want to keep this up. Not everyday (still too afraid of a breakout) but twice a week or so, or as prep for a lotion.

murry,

I know it really deep cleanses the skin and pores! I really feel the massaging action helps get all those dead cells off and leaves your skin perfectly primed for whatever you use next!

DM
Smile

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I cannot believe the difference from my severe acne to no acne in just 3 weeks. My first 2 weeks I did the OCM everyday. 3rd week I have done it for 2 days so far and have only cleansed with water on alternate days. I am surprised at the results I have gotten with OIL! who would of believed that oil is a great natural cleanser. I have also been moisturizing with Almond oil instead of acne moisturizer (I found someone using this on youtube after she did the OCM). Everyone is complementing me. Even my scars are getting lighter. Hopefully those will diminish in time. Will keep you posted. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
jabreu69,

I am so happy for you! Smile The thing a lot of people find hard to believe is that oil cleans oil, so for anyone with oily or acne prone skin
putting more oil on is such a leap of faith! There can be a worse break out period initally for some and they just don't stick it out! I
am sincerly thrilled for you, I adore the way my skin feels and looks after using OCM! Smile

DM Smile

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 am      Reply with quote
hey guys, i'm really interested in trying the OCM, but i'm still trying to figure it out. it's hard sifting through 21 pages, soo i have some questions.

i know castor oil is good for "drawing out and healing", and EVOO is good for moisturizing(i think)? what are other ingredients that are good for OCM and what do they do/how are they beneficial?

i have combination(more oily than dry) acne prone skin, and i have alot of sebum plugs on my nose and blackheads all over my face Sad & i'm trying to figure out which mix of oils would work best for me.

& also, what do you use to store the oil mixture in?

thanks Smile
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Here is a link to some of the recipes by forum members. If you scroll down, you'll see Oil Cleansing Method recipes.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

If you want to get started while you do more research, you could try a basic recipe using just castor oil and olive or sunflower oil.

Most people with oily skin use either a 50/50 mix or 40/60 with Castor oil being the 40 percent and olive oil being 60%. I find that way too drying so I use 25% Castor to 75% olive.

This is just a guideline to get you started. You will need to experiment to find a balance that is just right for you. Start with small batches so you can experiment without wasting a lot of product.

BTW, go to pg 18 of this thread and read all of the posts and links by DarkMoon. That will tell you a lot of what you need to know. HTH.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I know some with oily skin do prefer a lighter oil than olive oil, grapeseed is great for acne prone skin! Storage is only an issue if adding essential oils as they need to be stored in dark glass bottles, but for a mix of castor oil and another oil blend I just use the plastic bottles that you find at any drugstore!
Tonia is absolutely correct you need to find that perfect blend for your skin type, some can't use as much of the castor oil if they have sensitive skin! I have very normal skin so a 50/50 olive oil and castor oil works fine for me. Some also just find straight jojoba works quite nicely.

HTH
DM

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Gosh Darn it I paid alot of money for this thing. If anything else, its to stop buying too many products, stop using ratty facecloths and cleaning my face improperly. That is how I justify the cost. It is more efficient...BUT what cleanser to use!?!?
I was using Neutrogena Deep Clean in the pump...foaming type. After that I use Clinique's Acne Solutions toner with 2% SA. 10 mins later a BP lotion(5% I think) It was working out well, but thought I looked a bit dull I *duh* tried Proactiv again *stupid* and *binned THAT cleanser*
Enter The Clarisonic Classic. I bought it to streamline the time I take to care for my skin, but using these products are not working. Much too harsh!

Now I am using Spectro-Jel for blemish prone skin, and The usual BP lotion. Ive cut out the SA toner althother. I experienced a "purge', if you believe in that sort of thing ( I do ) and it wasn't too bad. But I am seeing still some congested pores, and black heads. I don't think Spectro Jel is right either. Still my skin looks pretty good.

I dig The logic behind oil dissolving oil..

I think I would like to try the OCM with my Clarisonic. Now I know this topic has been discussed, and It would be helpful if members could show me the links to try...also...Has anyone tried Clarins Pure Melt with their Clarisonic or like gadget? Any Thoughts would be GREAT!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
MissyFoster,

here is a link about what cleanser to use with the clairsonic and some have experimented with various oils!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=36865

HTH
DM

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
My eighteen year old son started using the OCM routine and he has had great results. For a mom nearing 50 with combo skin, what do you recommend using. I have a few breakouts but the products I have been using leave me dry and then the oilies come on in the afternoon. I just used 20% castor oil and 80% olive oil but probably need to be using something different for my age and skintype. I can tell you, I have never used anything before that got my mascara off that well.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
pingram wrote:
My eighteen year old son started using the OCM routine and he has had great results. For a mom nearing 50 with combo skin, what do you recommend using. I have a few breakouts but the products I have been using leave me dry and then the oilies come on in the afternoon. I just used 20% castor oil and 80% olive oil but probably need to be using something different for my age and skintype. I can tell you, I have never used anything before that got my mascara off that well.

I am about to hit 56 and use a 50/50 blend of Olive Oil and Castor Oil I have normal skin that has never broken out! This also worked very well for one of my sons who had issues with acne. Are you finding it irritating or are the breakouts a concern? Some breaking out is very normal initially as you bring up all that gunk under the skin and the increased blood flow from massaging does that in the beginning for some!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
System Insanity I didn't post twice! Smile

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM for the reply. I will try that. No haven't had any major breakouts yet. How often do you use the mixture and are you using other products as well.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
pingram wrote:
Thanks DM for the reply. I will try that. No haven't had any major breakouts yet. How often do you use the mixture and are you using other products as well.

I cleanse this way at least once a day and usually twice! I always make sure all oil is off along with the dirt and then use my normal serums and moisturizer. I tend to keep it simple Smile The only thing I am planning on adding is Retin A after a lot of reading! 4 kids and the skin-tone just isn't as even as I would like!

HTH Smile
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
So you just put it on and leave it on?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
So you just put it on and leave it on?

No I use the OCM protocol of cleaning all the oil off after massaging with hot cloths to make sure any dead cells and dirt are thoroughly removed! I then use an oil blend I make followed by any serums and moisturizer. I would never recommend leaving the oil used as a cleanser on the skin. That would defeat the purpose of cleansing with oil. I hope that clarifies things for you. Smile

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried the OCM cleansing method and absolutely love and need it. My skin was terribly dry especially around the upper eye area - it truly is amazing and thank you so much Dark Moon and others for your input - I put 10% castor, 45% evoo, 45% sunflower seed oil. Lynn

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
lynnn wrote:
I just tried the OCM cleansing method and absolutely love and need it. My skin was terribly dry especially around the upper eye area - it truly is amazing and thank you so much Dark Moon and others for your input - I put 10% castor, 45% evoo, 45% sunflower seed oil. Lynn

lynnn,
I am glad it's working out so well for you Smile
I think that's part of the "secret" just finding that perfect blend for your individual skin, and it sure sounds like you found yours!

DM Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried hempseed oil in my OCM oil for the last few days and have been surprised by how much better it works on my blackheads than the other oils I have used. I read on the hempseed oil thread that HSO has lineolic acid in it and that helps with blackheads. I just wanted to let everyone know that this has been a big improvement for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry ladies, off topic, but Tonia, I just noticed your sig line and have to say I love it! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sorry ladies, off topic, but Tonia, I just noticed your sig line and have to say I love it! Laughing

I noticed it recently and had a good laugh, that's priceless really! Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I have tried hempseed oil in my OCM oil for the last few days and have been surprised by how much better it works on my blackheads than the other oils I have used. I read on the hempseed oil thread that HSO has lineolic acid in it and that helps with blackheads. I just wanted to let everyone know that this has been a big improvement for me.

Tonia and all,

I love hempseed along with many oils, just be aware that it is one that has a tendency towards quickly becoming rancid, so my suggestion is buy in small quantity and refrigerate what you aren't keeping out to use in a short time period!

HTH
DM

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |