Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Lotion (30 g / 1 floz) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz)
Which Vitamin C Serum to use for oily skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kween
5% products discount

Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, so a great big hi to all! wave

I have read a few threads on Vitamin C serum - which brand from EDS would you recommend for oily skin?

I am in my late 20s and have oily skin. I currently use Decleor's Ylang Ylang Oil and will be purchasing the rest of the Ylang Ylang range from EDS after payday (yippee!!).

Can somebody kindly give me some Vitamin C serum pointers? Would you use the serum first after cleansing or decleor's aromessence first? wave
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi kween welcome. What a good question, I wouldn't mind hearing the advice to this one as well Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin which is very prone to breakouts from the wrong products and I have used Janson & Beckett C&C serum without any problems. This is the only C serum I will use in the future.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I will agree with bushy Very Happy I have used several Vit. C Serums over the years and I am loving C&C by JB. It has a lovely texture and it is stable. I found that it had an immediate brightening effect on my complextion.CellularSkin RX is also very nice but I find it leaves my skin a bit oily in these summer months.

You will find many good reviews for C Serums on EDS. Whatever you decide be sure to add C to your skin care routine...it is worth it.

C Serums should be applied after cleansing. Let the serum absorb nicely for about five minutes then continue with your usual routine. Don't forget to top everything off with a good SPF protection.
Mabsy

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Having tried Cellex-C, Skinceuticals, Vivier, JB C&C and CSRx - I would say that if I had oily skin I'd go for Cellex-C or Skinceuticals based on texture (and out of those two I'd go with the Skinceuticals). Both of those were a bit drying for my normal skin so I'm assuming they would be better for oily skin than the Vivier, C&C and CSRx.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I would also suggest to go with Skinceuticals, though I have only used that and SkinCellular RX. I have oily skin, and found the latter to be too oily. It did not break me out, just that it felt too oily on my skin.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes just had a look at some of those prices Carekates recipes here I come!!!! Laughing
Seriously though guys what do these serums cost so much????

5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
my guess is, because there's a market for the stuff and it sells...i mean Avon just lost my business to acv as my new toner now Smile

i never used toner ever, till 2 weeks ago when i first got my avon one in, but thankfully i came to this forum a week ago and now, my toner is gonna be bye-bye.

cosmetics is a huge billion dollar industry.
http://www.inq7.net/nwsbrk/2003/dec/22/nbk_6-1.htm
$160billion plus and climbing (thanks to guys joining in now)
http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news/news-ng.asp?n=58300-beckhams-have-sights
sad part is, people really buy into it...
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I think you might also like IS Clinical Super Serum for oily skin. It seems to work for all skin types really, but on of my friends is super oily, and she swears by it now. It has also helped control her breakouts! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Put C-serum on before Ylang-Ylang oil.
Also, have a look at reveiws and recipes for carekate's homemade vit c serum, it would be worth trying before investing heaps in another one (think it is pretty good, although am yet to try, having trouble finding appropriate vit c crystals).
Hope this helps a little!
maddy
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
my skin is oily and prone to breakouts..and I am using Skinceuticals Vit C Serum 10.
Daily routine is wash, tone, Decleor Ylang Oil, Serum, some dabs of moisturiser and top off with sunblock.

This is my 2nd bottle of Skinceuticals and so far no problem with breakouts (aside from the usual monthly...that's a given i guess!)and my skin tone improve, more clarity, and i even use it around my eyes...
kween
5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi - thanks for your advice everyone ! I will surf around EDS's website for those serums. Will keep you all posted!

The trouble is there are too many good products sold on EDS to go for and so little money to spend!! Crying or Very sad

My shopping list is getting longer and longer by the day - it's hitting the £200 mark now (yikes..) I think I might just split it into 2 mini shopping lists, then I won't feel so bad about spending so much at once Laughing !!

Have a great weekend everyone!
jacob
5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
wow kween that's one big list...how about tossing in some stuff of mine in there, i mean at that kinda price list...you won't notice Wink

this board is killing me, so much info, so much a person wants to try Confused
and im only a guy! lol *thankfully in this case* Wink
sky4961
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily/breakout skin also, I have been using Cellex-C for a few months and am VERY happy with it. It's the only brand I've used so I can't compare but it doesn't make skin greasy/oily one bit, no breakouts from it, it's actually helped the overall appearance of my skin.

Be sure and use the search function on this board, it's great, that's how I decided on Cellex-C in the first place....so many great threads with awesome info!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:12 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
Also, have a look at reveiws and recipes for carekate's homemade vit c serum, it would be worth trying before investing heaps in another one (think it is pretty good, although am yet to try, having trouble finding appropriate vit c crystals).
Maddy, did you see Mabsy's recent post re: Vit-C crystals in Oz? Here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6559&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin with breakouts and have been using SkinCeuticals C+AHA. It has been working nicely for me. The only other C serum I have tried is the C+ Firming Serum from Cellular Skin RX which I found a bit oily for my skin (although I love and use faithfully their Relax Plus with Vialox and Relax-A-Line Serum).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I will be ordering some SC samples next week from EDS.

Has anyone used Vit C serum for their arms/back/chest for acne scars?

Can vit c serum be used at night in those areas?
Mabsy

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Vit C can be used on other parts as well. I think most people don't because of how expensive it is.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz)