Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
so besides an exfoliant...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jacob
5% products discount

Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
what else would i need for a daily ritual
(since i'm getting Dermalogica daily microfoliant...yes from this site Wink)
anything else i would need?
i don't use any creams yet...so any good cleansers?
skin type again, well i have oily skin, mild to moderate rosacea...would like to reduce some redness, especially around the temporal region

(got my ACV today, getting it ready for tonight...all i need is distilled water).
thanks guys appreciate the help.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Jacob,

I think the Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser would be wonderful for you (esp. for redness). I do not use it personally but it gets excellent reviews.

As I remember, you said you were a student. I know skin care products can get expensive. You also can contact one of our chemists Very Happy. Some of EDS members amaze me with their awesome receipts.

BTW: I made my ACV Toner for the first time last night. As I have mature skin I only used a little bit of ACV, distilled water, white tea.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have Dermalogicas Special Cleansing gel aswell as the Ultracalming Cleanser, i've got oily/combination skin. I somewhat prefer the Special Cleansing Gel since its better at tackling my skin on those oiler days. Though the Ultracalming cleanser would be great for more sensitive skins.

I also liked their Active Moist Moisturiser which is for oily skins but I would say if oiliness is a real problem for you, you may want something more mattifying than that.
jacob
5% products discount

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
thanks winnie & sel...gonna look at the reviews now...gave me a starting point...anyone else? Smile
btw winnie...im gonna make my lil potion of ACV tomorrow, bought some organic stuff today... Very Happy *cant wait***
Mabsy

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you really need any more than cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise for a basic routine. I would suggest that you get a light gel as a moisturiser and preferably one with SPF. I might just be biased though because I can't imagine not using a moisturiser on my skin or not using SPF Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
BTW: I made my ACV Toner for the first time last night. As I have mature skin I only used a little bit of ACV, distilled water, white tea.
Winnie -

If I may recommend some essential oils to add to your ACV toner:

• CLARY SAGE -- ...Aids in the regeneration of skin cells, wrinkles, anti-inflammatory;

• FENNEL -- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, stimulates circulation, used for dull and oily skin, bruises, cellulitis, wrinkles;.

• FRANKINCENSE -- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, helps wounds and scars to heal; very good for dry and mature skin, used for wrinkles;

• LAVENDER -- ...Stimulates circulation in the skin. Assists in the healing of wounds (aids in the formation of scar tissue) and helps to rejuvenate the skin;

• LEMON -- ...Revitalizes the skin by improving circulation and encouraging the elimination of wastes (used for cellulitis); gently exfoliates the complexion. With long application reduces broken capillaries and varicose veins....

• MYRRH -- ...Reduces inflammation, improves circulation, stimulates the regeneration of of skin cells, assists in the healing of wounds. Used to treat eczema, wounds, wrinkles. Very good for mature complexions or chapped and cracked skin;

• PEPPERMINT -- Stimulates circulation and can enliven dull, congested skin. Used in the treatment of broken capillaries;

• ROSEMARY -- ...Stimulates circulation, encourages the elimination of cellular wastes, assists in the drainage of lymphatic fluid; improves dull-looking skin;

• Ylang Ylang -- ...Soothing...smooths the skin and stimulates new cell growth.

You can pick two or three EOs from the above-list and add 8-10 drops each (per 8-oz) to your ACV toner. Not only are the various essential oils beneficial to the skin, but added to the ACV toner, it can make a lovely aromatherapy experience!

For those who don't want to invest in full-size (1-oz) bottles of essential oils, you can order 0.25-oz sizes for about $3USD each fromwww.aroma-pure.com. I consider those "starter" bottles, just right if you'll only be fooling around with EOs for your own personal use.

Mabsy wrote:
I might just be biased though because I can't imagine not using a moisturiser on my skin or not using SPF .
I'm going to be the dissenting vote, because -- speaking from my own experience in battling oily skin all my life -- I don't think that a moisturizer is mandatory. The only time I ever use a moisturizer is if I've over-done it with some type of drying mask or treatment -- like the time I fell asleep w/ Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant on my face and woke up 90 minutes later and found my poor face felt as dry as the Sahara!! And even then, I only apply the moisturizer on the areas of my face which felt the most dry and tight (typically if my face is going to react, it's going to the area on either side of my nose which can get red and flaky, and also right around my nostrils).

Wait a minute, I guess the Decleor Hydra-Matte Regulating Fluid can technically be considered a "moisturizer," but I don't consider it as such because it doesn't leave me all slimy and greasy feeling afterward. That has always been my experience with moisturizers, which is why I can't abide putting them on my skin. If Mabsy is biased toward always using a moisturizer, I guess I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum! If you listen closely, I think your skin will till you if it needs extra moisture or not....

But on the other hand, I won't argue with Mabsy about the need for a sunscreen. That's absolutely mandatory! I mean, what's the point of investing in all these wonderful products to make your skin healthy and gorgeous if you're just going to un-do all that effort by stepping outside into sunlight with no protection??? I think the ladies are more fortunate in this respect because we can get at least part of our sunscreen protection from wearing mineral makeup foundation.

Anyway, that's my 2¢ on the matter! Maybe I should go back to law school, 'cuz I can never resist an argument or debate! Wink Very Happy

Carrie

P.S. Jacob, I'll be responding to your PM shortly.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:54 am      Reply with quote
isnt Kate great? <3
thanks a million Very Happy Wink
Mabsy

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
If Mabsy is biased toward always using a moisturizer, I guess I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum! If you listen closely, I think your skin will till you if it needs extra moisture or not....

I fully agree with you Carrie - I didn't mean to say that everyone should use one, I said I can't imagine not using one on MY skin (which is not oily) or not using an SPF on my skin. My motivation for suggesting something was so that Jacob would use an SPF.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
i dont use an SPF...and i dont wanna Sad lol
i mean i love that tan look...but i guess it's better for you...but i mean geeez...lol
that's one hell of a regimen for me then in the morning, cleansing, exofoliant, cream/lotion, spf to?

*wonders if dermalogica makes any sort of cream/lotion with spf...goes to check*
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Winnie wrote:
Winnie -

If I may recommend some essential oils to add to your ACV toner:

• CLARY SAGE -- ...Aids in the regeneration of skin cells, wrinkles, anti-inflammatory;

• FENNEL -- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, stimulates circulation, used for dull and oily skin, bruises, cellulitis, wrinkles;.

• FRANKINCENSE -- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, helps wounds and scars to heal; very good for dry and mature skin, used for wrinkles;

• LAVENDER -- ...Stimulates circulation in the skin. Assists in the healing of wounds (aids in the formation of scar tissue) and helps to rejuvenate the skin;

• LEMON -- ...Revitalizes the skin by improving circulation and encouraging the elimination of wastes (used for cellulitis); gently exfoliates the complexion. With long application reduces broken capillaries and varicose veins....

• MYRRH -- ...Reduces inflammation, improves circulation, stimulates the regeneration of of skin cells, assists in the healing of wounds. Used to treat eczema, wounds, wrinkles. Very good for mature complexions or chapped and cracked skin;

• PEPPERMINT -- Stimulates circulation and can enliven dull, congested skin. Used in the treatment of broken capillaries;

• ROSEMARY -- ...Stimulates circulation, encourages the elimination of cellular wastes, assists in the drainage of lymphatic fluid; improves dull-looking skin;

• Ylang Ylang -- ...Soothing...smooths the skin and stimulates new cell growth.

You can pick two or three EOs from the above-list and add 8-10 drops each (per 8-oz) to your ACV toner. Not only are the various essential oils beneficial to the skin, but added to the ACV toner, it can make a lovely aromatherapy experience!

For those who don't want to invest in full-size (1-oz) bottles of essential oils, you can order 0.25-oz sizes for about $3USD each fromwww.aroma-pure.com. I consider those "starter" bottles, just right if you'll only be fooling around with EOs for your own personal use.

Shock OMG Carrie you are awesome!!! Thank you so much!!!! BTW my daughter has started using the ACV Toner and Asprin Mask. She has used it for two day. She is pleased in the way her skin feels and said her pores look a bit smaller.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Definately keep it simple, I think that's best for your skin if it's irritated. I'm kind of with Mabsy on the moisturiser thing, but that's purely because I can't imagine not using one on my skin even though it tends to get a bit oily. I would recommend a gentle cleanser (I use Dermalogica's Ultra Calming cleanser), gentle exfoliant (you've made a great choice with the Microfoliant - just be careful not to overdo it or you might make your rosacea worse) and for a moisturiser (if you want one) something light like Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Gel. I've only recently started using it but really like the light texture and it's packed with anti-oxidants etc which are great for your skin. I can't recommend a sunscreen as I still haven't found one that I really like for my skin either Sad Dermalogica do make a day moisturiser with spf 15 (you can get tinted or plain) but I am yet to try them. Good luck finding the right products and be careful, this forum will have you wanting to try everything!! Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |