Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

hand cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purple princess
5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
can anybody recommend a good hand cream? i have dry hands, so something non-greasy, a light fragrance and keeps the hands soft and smooth for a long time (all day).

i have been using BShop hemp cream (but too greasy)and neutragen (yellow tube).

so what does everybody use??

im in the uk, so anything that eds sells or is online,or uk shops.

ta

pp

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Purple Princess I too have dry hands and I find that for a really luxurious hand cream, I end up paying more than I want to.
I normally go out and buy a face cream that's relatively inexpensive or do you have a Neal's Yard near to you?
The best stuff I have ever used on my hands is 'Neal's Yard Base Ointment'
http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/Shop/bin/pxisapi1.exe/large?item=5572
I use this on it's own for both my hands and feet. If you like you can even mix in other oils.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
thanks rosebud Smile

does it have a smell? and is it quick to absorb?

the price is right and i havent tried it before, so will definately have a look...

pp

i getting prepared for the winter Laughing

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I've got a few that I quite like. First, I find that Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream is very good. It's more like a non-greasy balm and works very well. Also, I *love* Jurlique Rose Hand Cream - it is richer but takes just a few minutes to sink it and my hands love this. I also love the rose fragrance. My newest addition to my handcream collection is B.Kamins Maple Hand Cream with SPF. I've been looking for a good handcream with SPF for years and I'm all excited now because I think I might have just found it!

Ah, before I forget, Nailtiques also makes a good hand cream. That's the tube I have in my car for "dry-hand emergencies" while on the road Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:25 am      Reply with quote
There is no smell at all to the baseline products, you just add essential oils if you want to and it only takes a second or two to absorb.
It's really good if you get dry, chapped hand as well (that's our British weather for you Rolling Eyes , speaking of which, our summer has come to an end, thunder storms up here!!!!).
I sometimes mix in some calendula oil or almond oil with lemon, lavender and lime.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:32 am      Reply with quote
thanks rb,

i shall add that to my list and may get some lavender aswell. i love the smell (had it in my wedding bouquet) and its purple.

i saw on the neals yard site they sell lavender oils, what type of oils do you use? (i new to oils, i may need to do some research)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:53 am      Reply with quote
yes they sell all sorts of stuff. What I do when I don't want to use the product neat is to syphen some of the ointment off into an empty jar then just have fun with mixing in oils (I have so many tucked away)
At the moment my mixture consists of ointment, lavender, lemon and lime with vitamin E mixed in.
It may seem like a big expendature buying all your oils but you will use them for other things anyway like in the bath or lavender and tea tree can be used for spots.
Essential oils can be bought anywhere, I get whatever is in the sale at Holland & Barrett:
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/index.asp?sc=715
Just go for whatever oils you love the smell of, I quite like Geranium and Bergamot as well. Lavender is a good start.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |