Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Skipping Periods (as in menstrual cycle)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Melbourne
5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm going on a holiday in about 2 weeks, and my period will be due about the second day into the holiday. I've started the taking the pill as at my last period, being the 21st June, but i went straight onto taking the pill (not the sugar ones). Was this right...? Should I have started taking the sugar pill during that period and then skip it when I come to it next...? My period has now finished for this month and I'm continuing with the pill, but I my breasts are very sore and swell. Usually this happens prior to getting my period and within a few days of having it, they are back to normal. If I stop the pill now, would my period come just before I go away, that way I won't have it when I am on holidays...? I probably really should see the doctor, but he wasn't much help when I got the prescription...didn't even explain the process!! Pls, any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
No I would not mess up your cycles like that especially as you may not want the tiny patter of feet!!!! Also it will mess up your hormones.
In the past I have rolled my pill packet, I am on Cillest, so I will have my full packet then rather than have my break start my next packet straight away. I also asked my homeopath about this and theoretically you can saftly keep on rolling your pill packets and never have a period Shock
Now as for the hormonal symptoms, get yourself a good high strength B complex, this is a must as the pill dramatically depleats the body of B6, however you need to take it as a group for it to work effectively hence the B Complex, look for the 100mg doses. Zinc I'd take at least 25mg a day and fish oils.
Not long ago I started using a mooncup:
http://www.mooncup.co.uk/menstrual_cup_orderonline.htm
These are fantastic, I forget I'm even on and have been running around in a bikini on my heaviest day, no leakage. You pop it in at the beginning of the day, then forget about it until before you go bed when it gets emptied the replaced. I don't even worry about leakage on the sheets.
Have a great holiday anyway, where you off to? anywhere nice? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
my doctor has told me it's safe to start a new pack to skip my period. She said there's no increased risk for pregnancy. You should only do it if your dose is the same for the entire package. If the pills are different colours for each week you shouldn't do it, as it means you have different dosages each week. If they're all the same colour and dose it's fine to take up to 4 consecutive packages.

I do find that when I start a new pack right away I still get the sore breasts and bloating like if I did have my period. You can also just delay it just for a week or two and let it come the week before your trip and then you don't feel sore and bloated during the vacation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely don't stop now. Just keep going with the second pack, and next month you can go off, and get yourself all sorted and back to normal. I am sure the tenderness will go away...your body is just confused. Smile

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Melbourne wrote:
Hi,
I'm going on a holiday in about 2 weeks, and my period will be due about the second day into the holiday. I've started the taking the pill as at my last period, being the 21st June, but i went straight onto taking the pill (not the sugar ones). Was this right...? Should I have started taking the sugar pill during that period and then skip it when I come to it next...? My period has now finished for this month and I'm continuing with the pill, but I my breasts are very sore and swell. Usually this happens prior to getting my period and within a few days of having it, they are back to normal. If I stop the pill now, would my period come just before I go away, that way I won't have it when I am on holidays...? I probably really should see the doctor, but he wasn't much help when I got the prescription...didn't even explain the process!! Pls, any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I volunteer as a counselor for Planned Parenthood, and can verify that, yes, it is fine to "piggy-back" packs of MONOPHASIC birth control Pills to delay periods.

Monophasic: your Pill is the same dose for 21 days. If you take a 28-day regime (7 placebos to allow for withdrawl bleed/period), skip these, and you may immediately start another pack of Pills, with the active hormones.

Bi-Phasic or Tri-Phasic: the levels of hormones change throughout the cycle. DO NOT piggy-back these, because you will not have the same effects as you will will monophasic Pills! There are many different names for similar brands internationally, but you should recognize whether your own is mono, bi, or triphasic.

It is common for women to piggy-back their Pills to delay their periods. In fact, in the U.S., one of the drug companies manufactures Seasonale. A constant dose of active Pills is taken for three months, and the user is given one week off, every three months, to have a withdrawl bleed/period. Four periods per year. This Pill is nothing miraculous or sensational; it's just a marketing ploy by the drug company. Almost every monophasic Pill can be used in the same fashion.

You will feel bloated, as the progesterone of your Pill will build-up, until you give yourself your week off. Progesterone is the hormone which causes a woman to experience PMS, and it's levels increase after ovulation. Sore breasts, bloating, etc.

You have started your second pack of Pills. Continue to take all of them in that pack, and then give yourself the week off as you normally would. By the time you've taken 42 active Pills, and depending on the type & level of progesterone in your own Pill (as well as the estrogen level), you will probably want the week off.

In the meantime, avoid foods high in salt, drink a lot of water, take Evening Primrose Oil daily (to help combat PMS symptoms), and have a great time on your vacation!
Melbourne
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
A BIG Thankyou to you all for replying. I must admit I'm a little confused, but nevertheless, I think I'll be OK. I'll just continue to take the pill (skipping the Placebo's) and stop taking the pill altogether as soon as I return back home. I have never taken the pill as a form of contracaeption before. I just hate taking any form of pills and I'm very bad with remembering to take them. I've been married for over 4 years, and the very frst time I took it was only to avoid getting my period on my wedding day & honeymoon, and ever since then, this will be the second time I am doing this for the very same reason - to skip my period once again. Bad timing I guess! Sad
The pill I'm taking is Levlen ED, and it has 21 of the same colour/size pills and then 7 Sugar Tablets...So I've started on the small ones (which i've taken 11 of so far) and when it comes to the sugar tablets, I will skip them......I think that makes sense!
By the way, I'm going to LA & Vegas....first time to either place, so very excited. So, you can understand why a girl wouldn't want to have her period right about now! Thanks!!! Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Well, I wouldn't stop *as soon as* you get back home. I would finish the pack as normal, take the 7 sugar pills, then on to the next pack.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum, doesn't Evening Primrose Oil interfere with the pill? Forgive me if I'm wrong, I always thought it did.
Melbourne Vegas is fantastic, you will have such a good time there, take lots of spending money Wink

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Melbourne wrote:
Hi,
A BIG Thankyou to you all for replying. I must admit I'm a little confused, but nevertheless, I think I'll be OK. I'll just continue to take the pill (skipping the Placebo's) and stop taking the pill altogether as soon as I return back home. I have never taken the pill as a form of contracaeption before. I just hate taking any form of pills and I'm very bad with remembering to take them. I've been married for over 4 years, and the very frst time I took it was only to avoid getting my period on my wedding day & honeymoon, and ever since then, this will be the second time I am doing this for the very same reason - to skip my period once again. Bad timing I guess! Sad
The pill I'm taking is Levlen ED, and it has 21 of the same colour/size pills and then 7 Sugar Tablets...So I've started on the small ones (which i've taken 11 of so far) and when it comes to the sugar tablets, I will skip them......I think that makes sense!
By the way, I'm going to LA & Vegas....first time to either place, so very excited. So, you can understand why a girl wouldn't want to have her period right about now! Thanks!!! Smile

Take ALL of the Pills in the Levlen pack. Finish the active Pills, and THEN discontinue. That is a monophasic Pill, by the way.
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Caspers Mum, doesn't Evening Primrose Oil interfere with the pill? Forgive me if I'm wrong, I always thought it did.
Melbourne Vegas is fantastic, you will have such a good time there, take lots of spending money Wink

No, though taking St. John's Wort, some antibiotics, and other prescription meds may interfere with the effectiveness of the Pill. Barbituates, antacids, and Vitamin E may also interfere. Taking the Pill can also alter the effectiveness of other meds, such as antidepressants. When in doubt, always check with your pharmacist or healthcare provider.

If you're bad at taking the Pill, but want to have the same, effective method of b.c., consider using the contraceptive patch (Ortho Evra). It's just a transdermal dose of the same hormones used in the Pill, but you have regular, consistant doseage for three weeks (on), one week off.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
It is not quite the same thing, but I use the nuva ring for BC. I regularly (with the blessing of my OB) leave the ring in for four weeks rather than three and insert a new ring at the end of the fourth week, thereby skipping my period.

Liz
Caspers Mum

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
It is not quite the same thing, but I use the nuva ring for BC. I regularly (with the blessing of my OB) leave the ring in for four weeks rather than three and insert a new ring at the end of the fourth week, thereby skipping my period.

Liz

NuvaRing works A LOT like oral & transdermal forms of hormonal contraception.

None of these are good for me Neutral My body doesn't like any hormonal contraception. None. Even the lowest of the low, such as Alesse. Nope. I have an IUD, and am thrilled with it! Some women, I realize, have problems with this, but not me. Lucky girl. No hormonal side effects, no bloating, nothing. Cheap too: $65, and it stays in for five years.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is the same hormones as the pill. I love the ring. I started having problems remembering to take the pill so my OB suggested the ring. I have been using it for over a year now and there is no looking back now!

Liz
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |