Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:: Dr. Ci:Labo Aqua Collagen-Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
A while ago, this was mentioned on EDS, so, as it is from Japan, I thought I would search it out and give it a try. This gel was orinally made for post surgical procedures I believe, but it now seems to be marketed for any and everything. This is an all-in-one type of product, It is supposed to act as a toner, lotion, whitener, and foundation base.

I started using this instead of my Hydra Cool. Some of the main ingredients are marine-derived collagen, hyaluronic acid, and seaweed extract. (I can't post all of the ingredients because I can't read them.) It is just as moisturizing as the Hydra Cool, but less sticky. Smile It is a whitish coloured gel, that looks quite thick in the container. But when you take some out, the product really thins out and spreads easily. There is no smell and it seems to absorb quickly, and afterwards, my skin is just left feeling moisturized, but bare. Pretty amazing really!

I have been using it once/twice a day for almost a month now, and I think the lightening action is working. This doesn't surprise me from a Japanese product, as their lightening products due tend to work! I think I might cut down to only once a day though...as I am looking pretty pale. The overall brightness is also really dramatic though, so I want to continue using this. I really have nothing bad to say about this product! Smile I know international availability might be tricky, but the price is very reasonable (maybe about $35 US). If you are in country where this is available, it is definitely worth a try in place of your usual HA product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
As well, I though I would just comment on some of the other Dr. Ci:Labo products that I have just started trying recently. Even though I don't have oily skin, or acne, I bought the Acneless starter fit. I was really after the spot treatment samples but the whole kit was cute...and cheap, so I thought, "why not?" Anyway, the Acneless Gel does work to get rid of any pimples that are coming up. Within 2 days, my TTOTM pimple was gone, without ever actually coming up. Smile As well, the Acneless Cleanser is pretty interesting. It is a black gel cleanser, but when applied, goes a bit oily. Very strange...but is totally gentle and non drying. I have no idea if it works for acne prone skin, but it is a good cleanser all the same. I still really like my MDF, but this works well before, to take off make up!

5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
faith, I heard that the gel is a bit sticky ; you have to apply very gently in one direction, so as not to cause the gel to become rubbery. Do you not find this?
If anyone is interested they do send samples to the US
http://www.ci-labo-usa.com/information/contactus_freesample.htm
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
faith--are you still using this? i tried samples recently of the super moisture aqua collagen gel and i must say, i love it. the stickiness i kinda like, everytime i touch my face it's like i am touching baby skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone use the brightening kit? I am thinking about getting this stuff!
tiger_tim's_shadow
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have only played with them in the shop, but their gel peel (part of the whitening range I think) is really lovely.

They also promote the gel as being paraben free.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you tiger_tim. I think the products sound good and I am going to try them!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl--they also sent me the extreme close-up brightening gel cream. i am gonna try it tonight and keep you updated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
thanks skincareaddicted. Please let me know how it goes!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl, tried it! so i opened the sample packet of extreme closeup brightening gel cream (it's quite a generous sample, enough for 2 applications and they gave me 2 packets) last night, and i am glad i did this at night and not in the day time, because this is a very thick moisturizer.

it was thick but at the same time, easy to apply because there is that gel substance mixed in with the cream, which i like. i usually can't stand pure gel moisturizers though. the smell was lovely natural aroma, i could definitely smell the lime and grapefruit extracts. the cream was very thick on my skin, maybe i used too much? and my skin was shiny and oily even when i woke up in the morning. it did however feel, extremely hydrated. i am kinda iffy about this product, i am not sure of the brightening effects yet cause it's only been one night, but the ingredients seem promising enough. i imagine if they made this a lighter, milkier formulation, i would purchase it as the citrus extract would probably boost my uv protection for the day time when combined with my sunscreen.

they also included a sample of their everbright which is supposed to be a combination toner, moisturizer + sunscreen. a lot of things in one packet. the concept is a nice one, but the product was not so much. i applied everbright this morning, and wow, i could see a bright white cast on my face (even though my skin is pretty light asian). it's a good thing i wasn't going anywhere today! after about 4-5 hours, the cast blended in a little, but not by much. i applied the rest of the packet on my dad's face, and because he is really tanned, the product turned his face white! i like the idea of collagen and a one step moisturizer plus sunscreen and toner, but this product isn't for me. it's way too thick and white. the only time i would use this is if i were going to the beach or spend a whole day at the amusement park.

all and all, ci labo has some hits (the supermoisture aqua collagen gel), which i would purchase in the future, but most of the other stuff isn't all that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much for replying skincareaddicted. I appreciate you taking your time to help me out!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
no problem rileygirl! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Aqua Collagen Gel for about 10 days now. It appears to be lightening my age spots some. I would buy the product for that reason alone. But I also enjoy the feel of the product on my face, and my face is looking more awake and vibrant. If it continues to perform well, I'll continue to use it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I am looking at this Aqua Collagen Gel - which one do you all use - they have 3, regular, one with aloe and then one with hibiscus?
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I'm using the one called A-C-G Super Moisture. Wonder if they make more? Rolling Eyes
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, does your face feel sticky after applying the gel? I heard from some review that the gel feel sticky when use during summer and not really suitable for combination skin. It is true?
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
When I first apply the gel, it does in fact feel sticky. I apply it after I cleanse my face in the am, then apply makeup after 1/2 pot of coffee. (I can't really see well until after my coffee!) Wink
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
alaya wrote:
faith, I heard that the gel is a bit sticky ; you have to apply very gently in one direction, so as not to cause the gel to become rubbery. Do you not find this?
If anyone is interested they do send samples to the US
http://www.ci-labo-usa.com/information/contactus_freesample.htm

That link doesn't work. Also Skincareaddicted, where did you get your samples from?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme--this link should work for free samples:

http://cilabo-studio.com/1/component/option,com_facileforms/Itemid,40/

i like the aqua collagen super moisture too Smile HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! Just ordered it, I have completely reformed my skin regime since joining this sight. Since I'm applying moisturizer and a sunscreen separately, I need a moisturizer and this may be good for me, although it seems a little pricey to me.

What moisturizer do you use? I need something light because I'm combo, although with the homemade AVC toner my T-zone has nicely calmed down a lot.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ariesxtreme,

I am thinking about ordering the aqua collagen super moisture so i can switch moisturizers around (i like having a lot of choices, just because... Smile ). i am currently using dhc antiox c, dhc ceramide cream, and arouge silkening gel and arouge moisture replenishing cream. i am kinda not feeling the ceramide cream--it's not all that, and it's way too thick for me, bought it by mistake, it's designed for really dy skin. the antiox c is good, but it doesn't make my skin feel baby soft like ci labo aqua collagen super gel or the arouge ones do. i like the arouge stuff a lot since Juju suggested it for my mom. arouge is designed for sensitive and dry skin, but it's doing wonders for me, i am combo. you should request a sample from them too.

http://www.zenyaku-usa.com/Zenyaku_Sample.asp

HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi anyone tried La Cilabo Acne range?
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
my jar of aqua collagen gel arrived today and i like it so far, it is absorbed right into the skin.

has anyone tried their olive oil?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the sample of this gel and I actually don't really like it. It's not moisturizing enough and it's kinda sticky to spread.
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your sharing.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |