Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair - Looks vs. Feel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: What's more important to you in a hair cut?

The way it looks
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
The way it feels
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

sexy28
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've had long hair for a long time. At one time years ago I cut it really short like jaw bone length and I didn't like the way it looked being so short on me. So I grew it out right afterwards. I think I remember that it felt better though. I went back to having long hair again for years.

Lately though it is bothering me SO much. I can't stand the way it feels, and it always just feels in the way. I hate feeling it on my back, on my neck, just always in the way. It's annoying and makes me feel bummy and gross. Cutting it all off again will make me feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders (literally). Yet this is how I feel most of the time, whenever I look in the mirror I'm reminded that I like the way it Looks and it doesn't look bummy or gross. Just feels that way. I think I am going to do it because it's just bothering me so much. Too bad that I don't like the way it looks that feels the best, but it's just so much more freeing and convenient to go shorter. I think maybe a little longer this time like just above my shoulders, instead of really short. Then see if I want to go shorter from there. I dress more for comfort and sporty, so I guess I should be comfortable with my hair too instead of for looks. I wouldn't wear tight clothes and high heels each day even if they looked stunning, cause I would be uncomfortable.

Just wandering if anyone else has that problem where what you think feels best for your hair (short, long) isn't what you think looks best. And which is more important to you? Maybe I'm crazy and the only one who is bothered by the feeling of long hair. Of course it's best to be able to have what feels the best also be what looks the best. But if it didn't, would you go with what looked the best over what feels the best?
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:43 am      Reply with quote
I've actually considered going shorter again but I've never done it because I thought going *short* would be more uncomfortable. With my one-length long hair I can so easily pull it into a pony tail, wrap it into a bun or braid it so it's out of the way. With shorter hair it's always in your face! I can't stand it.

Not to mention short hair always needs to be styled in order to look decent (at least on me.) I'm a wash-and-go girl, and my hair looks fine even when I do nothing to it.
sexy28
5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Yeah that can be a problem with too short or stylized of a cut. That's why I'm thinking about going just for a medium length like shoulder length rather then really short. As well as keeping the few layers just in front and long layers. Something that is still long enough to pull back into a low ponytail to get it all out of my face. I can do that now with my hair but it starts to feel so heavy putting it in a low bun. Actually if I keep it that way too long it gives me a headache cause the hair is pulling down on my scalp. With it lighter and less hair I don't think it will do that. When I cut it really short before the most annoying thing was that it was too short to pull all the way back out of my face. If it's a boy cut then great, it's never in the face anyways, but I don't have the kind of face to pull that off unfortunately. That would be great. Like Charlize Theron or something she looks great with that kind of hair. Gywneth Paltrow looks good with it too. I think both of those women look better with shorter hair then really long hair. I don't. With sort of a long squarish face. It makes my face look longer or bigger cause my hair is also thin. Also one time I looked like a kid with shorter hair, like a teenager. I didn't like that. So finding the right style is important. I think with some layers it will still look good without styling it each day. Just better with styling. I do kind of like Catherine Zeta Jones hair in Oceans 12. But her hair is so much thicker then mine.

It's still hard. I don't know why I'm attached to my hair. So silly. It will grow back. Although I'm talking about cutting a years worth of growth off. It's not that long. Just down to my breasts. At one time it was down to almost the end of my back. That was too much. Too hard to keep tangle free and looking good. It's so silly though, it's just hair. Yet it effects and changes how I look so much. Funny. I might cut it and still not even like the way it feels. But need changes. Ok I can do it. Even actresses change all the time their look and sometimes it's for the worse, but it's ok. Nothing permanent. I need to color it too. I stopped coloring it like 4 years ago and let it be all natural. But it can use something brighter and more exciting. I'm so bored.

Yet it looks so good right now long. I'm so torn. I'm so silly. Decisions... Decisions... Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I've got longish hair and I totally understand wanting to get it chopped, but like Chimera says, short hair cuts are time consuming (unless you go for the really butch look Shock ). If I ever get my hair cut shorter (about every 3 years or so, It is always with the instruction that it must still be long enough to tie up

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Awww,i was sooo stupid...I had beautiful verry long hair,and...cut it off!!Not extreamly,but...A really "nice" frind of mine just cut it off,no kidding!!!She stands behind me take my hair and...cut it offjavascript:emoticon(')now theyre again long,and i never saw this person again(Luck for my hairjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |