Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cats or Dogs?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Do You Prefer Cats or Dogs?

Cats?
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Dogs?
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
As you know, Casper is my cat. She is beautiful, nine year-old feline "daughter", and my heart.

I love all animals, and one day, I hope to have a lifestyle conducive to owning a dog too. Casper is my second cat, and from the time I was seven until I was nearly 22, I had my buddy Chester. He is still loved, and very much missed.

I am, by nature, a cat person. I like to be quiet, and prefer the independance of cats.

Just wondering who are Forum members are: cat or dog people?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I like cats too! just cause they are easier, and they fit in with my life style right now as well. In the furure though, should I have more time, money, and space, I would love to have a dog as well. I really think they are more demanding than cats though, so you have to be ready to adapt your life for one. At this time, I just can't.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I have both a cat and a dog. I love my dog very much, but I grew up having only cats and if I had to choose I'd definitely have to go with cats!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely CATS!!! Evertime cats win!
I have 2 Ragdoll's, Gucci my seal lynx furr-baby boy and Mitzi my seal mitted furr-baby girl, they are my children, I would never be without them. They are my life!!! They have their own independence, Gucci is the softie that loves cuddles anytime of the day and night and purrs up a storm. Mitzi is the Queen and wants attention for 2 minutes at a time whenever she wants it, if she doesnt leave her alone!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I have both Josie the cat and a dog Petra.
Deep down I would say I am a cat person, I like their independence and slyness Wink
But on saying that I love to take Petra for long wlks every day on the fields at the back of the house, we are gone for about an hour and it is so much more fun than any gymn. I feel safe with Petra Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I've always had cats. Not that I don't like dogs, it's just so much easier to live your life around a cat as they don't require so much looking after.
I plan to get a dog one day (along with a few more cats) but I'm always put off somehow by the doggy odour. I know it won't be so much of a problem as long as I wash the dog regularly but it's something that isn't a problem with cats. Can't stand the smell of a dog after it's been out in the rain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Toe thankfully Petra hates going out in the rain Laughing and when she does, I have to put on a ton of insense to try to mask the smell, but I'm sure she thinks that I stink Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I have always had dogs. We once also had a cat but she scratched and bit a lot. Cats independence make them easier to care for but I know my dogs (I have 2) will always protect and love my family.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Cats are cool in terms of being easier to care for and not having to exercise etc, but y neighbours cats not only crap all over my garden (in my salad patch as well Mad ), but they are currently enjoying wiping out the second batch of baby birds this year. I know it is in their nature and they can't help it, but I find it quite distressing, especially in the middle of the night.

The RSPB has said that it wants numbers of cats reduced because they are contributing, but not wholly responsible for, the decline in some bird species

I had heard that in the States cats have to be confined or tethered. Is that true?

I have a dog, I live in hope that he will drop out of exhaustion one day, but sadly he seems very fit and no matter how far I take him, I always tire before he does Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
hmm Really a tough questions. I have two Persians: Max and Penny and two Scotties: Winnie and Maggie. I could only vote once so I had to say Dogs. I have had a Scottie in my life since I was in my early twenties. Winnie and Maggie are my shadows. They go everywhere with me. They guard my house, play with my grandchildren and are devoted to me and my husband.

Love Max and Penny in a different way. They are very particular and their love must be earned. When the house is quiet and its time to just relax it is Max and Penny that are snuggled up next to me.

I can't imagine my house with one of my pets missing.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Guapa, there is no law in the US (that I am aware of) that requires you to contain or leash a cat. A lot of people have outdoor cats although I would never let my cat out the house. Growing up, my parents did and the cats would bring in fleas and they would also get hurt or hit by a car and killed. My housecat is happy as ever and doesn't miss the outdoors at all -- plus she doesn't slaughter the local birds. Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
euwwwww I hate seeing cats (or any other animal) on the side of roads. I do sometimes wonder if kids do it on purpose roung here.

I had a cat called Emma once. She was a beautiful persian, but totally neurotic (too inbred I think). She was totally terrified of birds so we were really surprised one day when she brought in a pidgeon! My mum looked at it and found a bullet hole. Emma obviouly though she cold fool us into thinking she was 'normal' Laughing

My favourite cats though were ghostie a beautiful silver grey tabby and her son Jones (named after the cat in Alien). Sadly they both were 'disappeared' in London along with dozens of other cats in the area Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
im a cat person...i have 3 of them..

this is chewy..he looks french to me...

this is spanky. she's my baby... Bad Grin
and this is baby boy (mom named him Rolling Eyes )
he always hides..he has a phobia of people..and he also has a beard.

if i was to ever have a dog..my dream is to have an english bulldog. i fell in love with one awhile back and he was so adorable with his little snorts and lovably hugs (yes, the dog would hug people when they sat down...) he didnt bark at all either..which won me over.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="guapagirl"]I had heard that in the States cats have to be confined or tethered. Is that true?
quote]

I've never heard this, and know it's not true. However, some people do train their cats to walk on leashes, or keep them on a leash in the yard for tha cat's safety.

Not my girl, Casper. She is a house/apartment cat! Her "backyard" is the third-floor balcony on my apartment. She likes it. She is considered "brave" if she even walks me to the threshhold of my apartment door.

Chester was an indoor/outdoor family cat. He lived to be nearly fifteen, which is exceptionally long. I don't think I'd ever have an indoor/outdoor cat again though, as I didn't like seeing Chester get into fights, etc. I think cats lead healthier, safer lives when they're kept indoors.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
No matter how much you tried to train a cat to be walked on a leash..i doubt it would ever be successfully done. They are so incredibly lazy that you'd have to drag them...most cats are indoor cats in the states...we have some strays in my neighborhood..but they are much different than you're average domesticated cat.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've never had a cat or even cat sitted a cat that didn't demand to go outside all the time. It makes me nervous letting them out, but they love it so much. I feel like I'm holding them hostage by keeping them inside.

It's hard to compare dogs to cats. Because dogs are so different from each other. While each animal and each cat has their own unique personality, dogs seem to differ by their breed to a much greater extent then cat breeds do. There are similarities of course like they all like to play and run and you have to walk them. But they are so different. I don't know if I could handle a big hyper dog. Maybe if I had a huge property and huge outdoor area.

But the dog I had was a small breed only maybe twice the size of a cat. And he was the sweetest most mellow and happy go lucky dog I've met. He actually didn't like other animals so much. He loved people. He would never bark. Instead he would just run around, huff or paw your leg to get your attention. He was brilliant at communicating exactly what he wanted you to do without ever barking or yelling at you. The only time he would ever bark is when walking and seeing much bigger dogs. Kind of crazy cause they could really hurt him, but he acted as though he could kill them. All talk he was. He wasn't hyper or demanding, and was so attentive and present. And obsessed with 'human' food. I did feel bad though that we worked so much that even though we were home, we were always working and didn't spend enough time playing with him and getting him even more exercise. I really miss him. I like cats too, but they do seem more interested in themselves then in you and interacting with you. Depends on the cat though. They are all very very sweet and lovely. I just don't feel the same connection with most cats then I did with my dog who was really a son to us. Just the 3 of us, the family. Crying or Very sad
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
My friend trained both of her cats to walk on leashes and they love it! She even takes them out in public places like the beach or the park and they are perfectly well behaved. I think the trick was the she started walking them on leashes since they were kittens to they are used to it. I've tried it a few times with cats I've had in the past and it's NEVER worked, they totally flipped out....but they were adults at the time.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my 15 y/o:

[img]
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have a one year old Giant Schnauzer and a 10 year old bunny. Kohl is my second giant Schnauzer. My first, Milo, died one month shy of his fourth birthday this past april. He was my furry heart! Sad and I miss him very much. We adopted Kohl from a breeder friend of ours at the end of May.

Liz
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have had Moka, a 10 year-old female tabby, since she was three monts old. She is my best friend, and to my husband and I, she is our baby. I can't imagine my life without her, although some days she drives me crazy. Wink

Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like our feline friends are holding the lead. Casper, meanwhile, is sawing off logs (snoring) on my bed, getting her mid-afternoon beauty rest.

I love the photos that other members have pasted of their pets. Unfortunately, I don't have any on cd-rom or saved on my computer of Casper. In fact, I have NOTHING on my PC right now, as I just had the entire memory wiped out. Bad Trojan virus, rendered my PC inoperable for two weeks. Everything: gone! All of my downloaded music (over 900 songs) ... gone!
Sad
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I am definitely a dog person. I grew up with one, and adore them. Because I am dog-less at this point in my life, I volunteer at my local animal shelter walking and playing with the dogs.

Dogs are so attentive, affectionate & expressive. However they require a great deal of care (almost like having a kid), so I can understand why people prefer cats as pets.

Cats do have their charms and I have fun cat-sitting for friends while they vacation. Ideally one day I'd like to have one of each! Dogs are still number #1 in my heart though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Used to have cats when I was small, I remember them going missing, being run over Sad If I had them now they would have to be house cats.
We've also always had dogs, I think dogs are naturally more affectionate and expressionate, comes from the whole pack thing...guess I'm a dog person.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Im really a cat tipe,cats are much more beautyful more independent,and you can say,what you want:More inteligent, than dogsjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy I have 2 beautiful black cats, i really love them,i treat them like little kidsjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy
shoegal
5% products discount

Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Cats win my vote. I grew up with dogs and I currently own 7 now. I have had plenty of cats and I must say that they never caused me to be as nervous as I am with my dogs. First of all, cats are quite! My dogs bark and growl ALL the time( even in the middle of the night). They have DESTROYED my back yard by digging holes everywhere. I can never have company over without worrying that they might get bit if a dog gets out on them. Not to mention the smell!!!!! No matter how many times I have them groomed it seems that as soon as air hits their fur, the smell is ungodlly. When it rains they smell so bad that I can't even feed them (I make my husband). They lick you and their tongue is big and slimmy. Their are the nastiest creatures I have ever known. They just look very cute and people seem to look over their nastiness. Confused I wish that I didn't have my dogs to this day, but I do not believe in giving animals away just because you don't like them anymore. They know this place as their home. I will have to start taking nerve pills soon though because of them because the barking is out of hand and sooo loud. They bark at everything they hear or see. I do own one cat and she gives me no problems. All I have to do is scoop one or two clumps out of her litter box and she is done for the day. Laughing She only meows and that is not loud at all. If she goes out, she cleans herself thouroghly when she comes back in. She also kills all the disease carrying rodents and birds that come on my property. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |