Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
What USA must haves do I need to buy when I come to visit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Will be in the US in a couple of weeks time, can't wait, REALLY looking forward to it. Smile

Will have to try to buy some Jergens Natural Glow whilst I'm there so save me some on those shelves, but I've been thinking..... what other must haves should I buy whilst I'm over there? I'm coming from the UK.

My hubby has a huge shopping list for Walmart, but so far mine's one got 1 thing on, so help me out please! What do I need to buy? Smile

Thanks in advance.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Now that's a good question, I too may be spending some time in the States.
I know I will be buying MAC, Prestige and Jane Iredale Brushes. So what else is recomended?
Oh and what's Burt's Bees like?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
NARS is a lot cheaper than it is here in the UK. I think you'll probably find that most things are cheaper over there. Don't forget to browse round the local drugstore for some interesting, cheaper brands. Smile
I've never tried Burt's Bees but I know my Mum likes the carrot body lotion.
If I was going I would take a spare suitcase to stock up on Peanut Butter flavour M&Ms. They don't sell them in the UK and I them. I've tried writing to the company and asking them to stock them in this country but they say there isn't enough of a demand. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Hubby loves those peanut butter M&M's too. Infact we only got 1 bag once and he loved them so much, that he rationed himself to just 3 a day to make them last a long time! Last time we bought 7 huge bags of them.

I've bought NARS in the US before, first time I was recommended the Orgasm blush but got the stands mixed up and went and asked for an Orgasm on the MAC counter!! The girl looked at me as if I was mad..... so embarrassing when I realised what I'd done!

My shopping list now has 2 items on, Lady Speed Stick deodorant, it's brill, a lot cheaper than solid sticks over here, smells great AND doesn't leave white residue on your clothes.
Mabsy

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
If I was going I would take a spare suitcase to stock up on Peanut Butter flavour M&Ms.

I'm with you on that! There are a number of foody things that I stocked up on in San Diego. Almond M&Ms, Peanut Butter M&Ms, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Lime TicTacs, cinnamon gum, and See's Candies Lollipops. I had a LOT of food on the way back which gave the custom's guy something to do bright and early in the morning Smile

Of course, on the non-food related agenda was a serious overdose on MAC, some Frederik Fekkai, some Pout, etc If I found a shop with rare perfumes I'd probably still be over there right now Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Last time I was over there, I found this shop:
http://www.simplydivinebotanicals.com/

Hey they do an ACV Toner which is the Bees Knees, also the Body Cream and Body Butter are the best I've ever come accross, they also do samples of everything for around $1 each and they stock Jane Iredale Shock Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I live in the US and it's interesting to see what products must be in short supply, or non-existent in the UK. I'll never take Reese's peanut butter cups for granted again!!! I'm with Mabsy on the Frederik Fekkai. I adore the glossing cream. And if you like Nars....my favorite summer product is the South Beach Multiple. I keep this in my purse....it's easy to swipe on cheek bones, and dab a little below brows for a quick, easy glow. I've read mixed reviews on the Multiples, but I love them.

Wishing you a fabulous, and safe, trip!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees lip balm is looooovely! My mate got me some last time she was over there, said it was very cheap. Also comes in a cute tub (not that such things matter!).

Carmex is also pennies over there 69cents (I think) as opposed to £2.95 Shock (that is nearly $6 )

I wanted my friend to get me the new Boucheron perfume, Trouble, but she couldn't find it. It has however just been released here, so I may get it for xmas Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
victorias secret bras, make up. I could spend ages wandering round walmart/wallgreens, sephora is great...eps. now they closed the UK shops down. Basically everything seems to be better quality, shoes, clothes, so pack light and stock up Wink

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Hi

Will be in the US in a couple of weeks time, can't wait, REALLY looking forward to it. Smile

Will have to try to buy some Jergens Natural Glow whilst I'm there so save me some on those shelves, but I've been thinking..... what other must haves should I buy whilst I'm over there? I'm coming from the UK.

My hubby has a huge shopping list for Walmart, but so far mine's one got 1 thing on, so help me out please! What do I need to buy? Smile

Thanks in advance.

We have Walmart in Canada, but I personally prefer Target when I'm in the States. I find their stores are much better organized, and have better stuff. Just my opinion.

Walgreens has a pretty good cosmetic dept, but sometimes I find that Rite Aid has better ones. I guess it would depend on the location, and/or newness of the store. In Canada, we have most of the same brands/selection as there is in the States. We do not have the Neutrogena cosmetics line (just skincare). I've heard their foundations are nice.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Debra...I live in the US too and it's very interesting to see which kinds of products are in demand. I don't think I've had a peanut butter M&M in about 6 years! A lot of these products I've never even -heard- of!

If I had a choice I'd take a trip to Germany and stock up on some Dr. H!! Oooh, and I'd get some chocolates in Belgium and France! I guess we are never happy with what we have. Smile
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow, it never occured to me that the simple little things in life are not available in Australia....M&M's, Reese's, even makeup. Confused

I guess I never thought about it--Gosh I'm feeling abit dumb. Being that I'm inept right now, and really don't know what you can and cannot get in your home country, I am only going to suggest a few items. Find an Eckerd's drugstore and look at Alpha Hydroxy products. They are a nice line of AHA and I really enjoy their cleanser. Also we have a store called Sally's Beauty Supply (found in local strip malls) and they have a nice self tanner called "Savage Bronzer". It gets high raves onwww.makeupalley.com. I have tried it and like it very much although you must be very quick to apply as it dries fast! Sally's Beauty also carries a mask called "Queen Helene's Mint Jubilee", it is quite inexpensive and helps with blackheads. Again another nice inexpensive product to take home. Hope I've helped. Have a great trip!

Lisa

Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Debra - the Glossing Cream is what I got! Wink

Guapagirl - I got Boucheron Trouble off eBay *very* cheap. I think it cost me something like US$26 for the small bottle (incl. postage to Australia). It's only recently been released so it's quite safe to get it off eBay (i.e. it'll be fresh) as long as you find a good seller.

Lisa - we do have m&m's - just not the peanut butter or the almond ones (i.e. my two favorite types!).

Btw, while I was in SD I saw that quite a few of the drugstores carried little travel sizes of the Queen Helene mask. Good if you just wanted to try it Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
What a fun thread this is...I'll know where to look now if I ever have plans to travel !!

I guess it's true, you always want what you can't get...I used to put SKII on my shopping list to Spore but now that it's available in Indonesia I just past by the counters without so much as a second glance (of course the price is also a deterrent haha)

Anyone know where I can get ahold of Nars on the internet?

Reese peanut Butter yummm...I used to stock up on that! Now I'm bingeing on Lindt Wafer thank God it's finally available here!!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Poppy,

I would look on Ebay. Best prices usually and very often international shipping.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks faith!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
Also we have a store called Sally's Beauty Supply (found in local strip malls) and they have a nice self tanner called "Savage Bronzer". It gets high raves onwww.makeupalley.com. I have tried it and like it very much although you must be very quick to apply as it dries fast! Sally's Beauty also carries a mask called "Queen Helene's Mint Jubilee", it is quite inexpensive and helps with blackheads. Again another nice inexpensive product to take home. Hope I've helped. Have a great trip!
Oh, that’s right, you have to go to a Sallys Beauty supply store when you’re here and get yourself some L’oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisturizing Mask (conditioner) and the matching shampoo (small bottle/container is around $6 and the jumbo size is $12). These L’oreal products are the “generic” versions of the prestige line “Kerastase” (check the labels and you’ll see the ingredients are almost identical) and get raves on MUA but costs up to 4-5 times as much as the Natures Therapy products. I use the Mega Moisture mask once a week to deep conditioner my hair (I mix in a scoop full of honey for extra body and shine). I can wander around in Sallys for ages, finding stuff I never knew I needed....

If you like giving yourself manicures or pedicures, I believe someone on the board mentioned that you don’t have OPI and/or Essie nail polish over there. IMO, though these polishes are pricey (between $6.99 - $7.50USD each), they beat out drugstore polishes hands down (no pun!). And if you get any of these polishes, then you absolutely *must* treat yourself to either the Seche Vite fast drying topcoat or the one from Poshe. Both of them give you a super-shiny finish, but dries up to five layers of polish to the touch in five minutes, and dries it completely within 30-45 minutes so if you do something stupid like try to tie your shoes or reach in your purse to dig out your keys, you won’t mess up your manicure!

In addition to the mandatory visit to a Sephora and Sallys Beauty store, I recommend that you also pay a visit to an Ulta store if there’s one in the town/city you’ll be visiting. Ulta sells everything from “prestige” salon hair and nail care products, to certain prestige cosmetic lines (i.e.: Bare Escentuals, Urban Decay, Lola, Studio Gear, Tony & Tina, Joey NY, Exuvience, Peter Thomas Roth, Murad, Zirhh,
just to name a few) and fragrances, but they also sell “drugstore” hair, skin and beauty products and sunglasses, hair accessories, hair and/or skin/body appliances. Next to Sephora, Ulta is my favorite store in which to blow my paycheck! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
OT but since carekate mentioned Tony & Tina I wanted to reply here. I just found out this week that Tony & Tina is officially out of business. I knew they had divorced, but I assumed they'd still be business partners. Too bad, because I loved some of their products. I picked up a bottle of their perfume "Vibrational Remedy" at Marshall's over the weekend for $8.

Just a bit of gossip. Back to the topic. Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
OT but since carekate mentioned Tony & Tina I wanted to reply here. I just found out this week that Tony & Tina is officially out of business. I knew they had divorced, but I assumed they'd still be business partners. Too bad, because I loved some of their products. I picked up a bottle of their perfume "Vibrational Remedy" at Marshall's over the weekend for $8.

In that case, I better scurry my happy *ss down to Ulta this afternoon and pick up a tube of T&T’s “Lash Dew” that I’ve been dying to try out! Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll have it on clearance....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Who are Tony and Tina? I know the makeup line.

There's a show in Vegas called Tony and Tina get Married, something about a big Italian wedding, is that the same people?

(Sarah from the UK)
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:54 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
phredd4 wrote:

In that case, I better scurry my happy *ss down to Ulta this afternoon and pick up a tube of T&T’s “Lash Dew” that I’ve been dying to try out! Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll have it on clearance....

You might want to try your local Sephora too, because they have it all 50% off. The online Sephora is sold out of virtually everything Tony & Tina though. Good luck!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
They used to do a dinner-theater thing here in New York called Tony and Tina's wedding (must be the same premise as Tony and Tina get married). I keep thinking of that every time they speak of the beauty line!!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Who are Tony and Tina? I know the makeup line.

There's a show in Vegas called Tony and Tina get Married, something about a big Italian wedding, is that the same people?

(Sarah from the UK)

Nope, not the same people. Anthony Gill & Cristina Borstein are both artists that amazingly became the cosmetic gurus behind the new age company Tony & Tina cosmetics. Their website tonytina.com has already been removed or you could have read more about them there. I think they have a book about color out too.

-Cheri
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Speaking of products that you can't get outside the U.S., I heard that you guys don't have Poptarts (breakfast "pastry") over there, is that true? However to you make it through the morning without having a "nutritious" breakfast like Poptarts??? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Yes we do have Poptarts but they're not popular.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |