Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Pls recommend eye serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bb_pigeon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I've almost finished my DDF wrinkle relax eye serum. It's not bad but I want to try something new. Very Happy

Can u recommend some for me?
My eye zone is dry and have fine lines.

Thx a lot! Cool
Mabsy

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Are you after a specific eye serum recommendation or can it be an eye cream instead? Or is it a serum to use under an eye cream? Sorry, lots of questions but if you have dry skin around the eye area then I'd recommend something heavier than a serum (assuming that you are using just a serum). If it's to be used under a cream then I'd go with a vitamin C serum Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wrinkle Relax has just 5% acetyl hexapeptide in it. Many products have at least 10% and some 20%. It can be a bit drying at higher percentages. Relax-A-Line topical serum (cellularskinrx.com)is popular here. I have found it to be very effective for less pronounced lines. Their new Relax Plus with Vialox is much stronger and I like it better for my "11" between my brows.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
bb pigeon, I think fine lines and a bit dry means you're a good candidate for Cellcosmet eye contour cream. I've been using it for a few months now and still say it's the best - pricey though. I use that and Okusil good for tightening and fine lines. Okusil wouldn't be moisturising enough alone, but it's great under the Cellcosmet.
bb_pigeon
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thx all ladies sharing with me! Laughing

Mabsy,
I will apply eye gel after eye serum.
Which brand of vitamin C serum u are using?
Thx a lot! Wink

betterat40,
Wow, u are so pro. Before I buy my DDF wrinkle relax, I didn't do research to compare the % of active ingredient. Thx for your suggestion. I'm interested to cellularskinrx too!

Will u apply Vialox serum on eye bag area?
What eye cream/gel are u using after apply relax-A-line topical serum?
Did u try other skincare of cellularskinrx?
O....I want to collect more information abt this brand! Wink
Thx so much! Laughing

Molly,
After reading your post, I rush to see the Cellcosmet eye contour cream. O...it's really expensive to me ar! Shock hehe....

Where did u order Okusil? I can't find it in EDS lei!
Many thx to Molly! Razz
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Okusil is under 'alphaderma' on EDS or you can get it from the Janson Beckett website. Yes, the Cellcosmet is far more expensive than I would usually dream of buying too, but I'm the lucky owner of 3 generous sample pots. I might find a cellcosmet friend and invest in a bucket of it as a joint venture Laughing
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
i have eye bags and dark skin only around the outer edges of my eyes (dark semi-circle??), and sadly starting to notice some fine lines also...*sigh*

i have used Shiseido Benefiance but found it's too rich for my oily skin, plus it didnt really do much, maybe it was the wrong pdt for my case.

anyways...I just bought Phytomer Lift Contour for Eye and Lip. This is my first Phytomer product and I got it on sale, so frankly no clue what it 's good for... hopefully...Tightening? Banish fine lines?
btw, i notice it contains methylparaben (as do most products in the market), and i heard (proven or otherwise) that it's carcinogenic...
can anyone shed some light on this?

am now looking to alternate the Phytomer with another pdt to combat the undereye bags and dark circles...heard the PTR is good for the latter?

betterat40, your Relax Plus with Vialox sounds good...is the difference in acetyl hexapeptide concentration or any additional ingr inside?

molly, just curious...what results have you got with Okusil+Cellcosmet? cos my sis was using Cellcosmet b4 and wasn't too impressed, could it be the Okusil thats working?

thanks before!
Mabsy

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I'll second Molly's suggestion of the Cellcosmet eye cream - expensive but very good. Still my fave eye cream.

bb_pigeon - For the eye area I think it's important to have something that is not as drying so I would tend to go with Vivier rather than Cellex-C or Skinceuticals.

Poppy - the Phytomer eye cream has received some good reviews. Personally, I didn't like it. I didn't like it because I could feel the area tightening up which is not what I'm after. If you want tightening then this could be good. I've used the PTR Power K Eye Rescue and credit it with getting rid of my dark circles. As any other product though (particularly for dark circles as well) it works well on some and not on others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Poppy, the Cellcosmet plumps and smooths the eye area for me. Looks like I have no fine lines in my undereye area. (Though I still have some just below the eye area Sad I believe it works on plumping up the eye area muscle, which is more closely intertwined with the skin in the eye area to achieve that affect (just a theory) Exclamation The Okusil tightens and maybe brightens, but I've tried all combos. Just Okusil, Okusil under Cellcosmet, Okusil over Cellcosmet, Cellcosmet only, etc, etc. I wish the Cellcosmet didn't achieve anything because then I wouldn't have to buy it, but it does achieve something for me and many others if you read the reviews.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Pigeon, EDS used to sell reasonably priced samples of the Cellcosmet range, but they recently removed it and it's only available as a free gift if you purchase a Cellcosmet product now. You could ask them if they might sell you one? M
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I like hydrating creams like Bobbi Brown hydrating or Avon Hydrofirm. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Alphaderma Okusil undereye serum! Smile
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Let's see, bb....I use nivea coq10 eye cream after the Relax-A-Line but I know that everyone here (who can afford it) would use the Cellcosmet. I use the Vialox only on my forehead cuz that's where I tend to frown strongly and it works to keep me from doing so much of that. I use the Relax-A-line on the weaker muscles, like my crow's feet. The Vialox is much stronger than the Relax-A-Line. "Vialox" is the ingredient in it that relaxes wrinkles. I can only find info on it that says it is another of the amino-peptides that are so popular now. But I can say that personally, I can FEEL it working. Smile

As for the brand and the other products, I have the entire line. Though I find the Bio-Lipid cream too rich during the summer for my combo skin, I do like it during the winter. The C serum is a requirement for life for me now. Smile

They sell samples of a few of the products and ship internationally if you are interested.
bb_pigeon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Many thx for your recommendations

Now, I have idea to buy my next serum la! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:32 am      Reply with quote
molly : i guess ppl skin reacts differently to various pdts. though my sis has not had much success with her Cellcosmet (she bought all kind of stuff in the range too!), im glad you hv found the right combination for your eyes Very Happy

phew! i hv been combing thru various past threads in the forum for hours and theres so much information (usually contradicting one another)...its great to hear so many real-life experience from genuine ppl not some company endorsement...only now i'm so confused what to get for myself !
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:37 am      Reply with quote
mabsy, i'm now 1 week into the Phytomer eye contour cream, no result so far, yesterday i notice a red bruise-like thing under my right eye but can really say if it's attributed to that ...will post if any interesting thing comes up Laughing
china

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
on friday nights I work overnights, I have a two hour drive to and from work so I get home at 5am Saturday mornings. Most of the time I only get 4 hours sleep because I always have plans to do something. Anyways, I would always wake up huge bags and ugly dark circles(NOT CUTE). I tried everything even La Mer eye balm....finally I tried Origins "No Puffery" eye mask and "all about eyes" Eye cream from Origins I love it. I also have really sensitive skin and sometimes I used to breakout in my eye area, not with Origins.
Origins is the only thing that has worked in all my personal research. I also use Md Formulation's "Moisture Defense Antioxidant cream" Super hydrating and gives Embarassed the dewyness I'm looking for without looking like your a grease monkey. The only thing weird about the moisturizer is it kind of sticky but you'll get use to it try it!!!!!!!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Poppy
I agree, absolutely - different products work for different people. That's the experience of EDS. It's hardly surprising though considering we're all different ages, different skin types, different skin problems, living in different climates.
If you hang around long enough you begin to see which user's skin reacts in the same way as yours and you can follow them - that's what I do. If one of them recommends something I consider it very seriously.
It starts with age, skin type though, that's why a tag line like a lot of regular users like me put at the bottom is so useful.
I think newer users should do it too, it's so useful.
Molly
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |