Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tom's of Maine deodorant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this aluminium free roll on for over a year now and love it. I have only just finnihed the Honeysuckle Rose, that's using it once every day for a year Shock Very Happy
The ingredients are:
Propylene Glycol, aqua, witch hazel, palmitic acid, stearic acid, lichen extract, glyceryl laurate, sodium hydroxide, parfum (natural), coriander oil, chamomile, aloe vera gel.

Whilst I may still sweat a little I never get smelly at all wearing this and it does not irritate at all. I paid £3.75 from a shop in Wales.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Tom's of Maine unscented deo and I love it. Very Happy
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Can I buy in N.A.?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Tom's of Maine for years (the solid). I like the Calendula & Woodspice (nice for guys) Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
PS - Has anyone ever tried one of those "crystal rock" deoderants? I've never tried one, but am always tempted! Rolling Eyes

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
PS - Has anyone ever tried one of those "crystal rock" deoderants? I've never tried one, but am always tempted! Rolling Eyes

Yes, I tried one and found that it worked very well in terms of controling odour. It does not do anything to stop you from sweating so it may not be best in summer or for people who sweat a lot (I sweat very little so it works well). What you have to be careful of though is cutting yourself with those babies. Some of them can get little cracks in them as they are being used up and you can actually scratch your skin pretty hard when using one. Given that they are salt you certainly do know when that has happened. Ouchy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:30 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka I just got the Calendula, I love the smell. I also have a crystal rock doederant, believe it or not I have had this for 3 years!!!!! I used it non stop for a year and half, then just got bored and wanted to try something that smelt Laughing . The rock works really well, you still sweat but there is no odour and you don't get marks all over your tops Wink . Yes they can get sharp edges on them and god they last forever!!!! I paid about £2 for mine from Neal's yard, well worth it when it lasts so long:)
Woodspice may be in order for the boyf Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I used crystal rocks when I was younger, remember I liked it but don't remember why I stopped. Might try it again. Can some one please tell me if I can buy Tom's maine in N.A. or via internet? I am always in search for an effective deo. Don't really like stronge scented ones though because I prefer using my perfume.

KK
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I am on the complete opposite end of the spectrum....I use a heavy duty aluminum product. I have a severe sweating problem Shock It is actually really bad, we are talking total wetness and saturation, very embarassing and inconvient (don't want to wera black tops every day of my life).
I actually had botox injected in my armpits (last year) to stop the sweat. It worked but is very pricey Exclamation A pharmacist recommended I try using Drysol once a week. It is ok but I still sweat, may have to save up for the Botox again Confused
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cbrooke: have you tried ACV vinegar toner with a little salcylic acid in it before your deoderant?

I like Tom's of Maine because it is so light. I can see that it would not work for a heavy sweater though. It is sold in suppermarkets near me.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that does it! Now I'm going to have to try one of those crystal rocks! Laughing I think I should be OK since I really don't sweat all that much. It's funny too, because before I started using a deoderant (I was using an anti-perspirant) I think I was sweating more! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sharky I will have to give that a try...under the DIY recipes right Smile
Mabsy

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
I am on the complete opposite end of the spectrum....I use a heavy duty aluminum product. I have a severe sweating problem Shock It is actually really bad, we are talking total wetness and saturation, very embarassing and inconvient (don't want to wera black tops every day of my life).
I actually had botox injected in my armpits (last year) to stop the sweat. It worked but is very pricey Exclamation A pharmacist recommended I try using Drysol once a week. It is ok but I still sweat, may have to save up for the Botox again Confused

There's a deo that you can get in some of the Australian chemists that is supposed to be fantastic for people that have severe sweating problems. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head but I'll look it up for you and will let you know. I have read many posts of girls that swear by it and they reckon it's changed their life (might be a bit OTT but that's what they reckon Smile).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip about this. I just looked up the Tom's of Maine website and was pleasantly surprised to find that I can purchase this locally (which is rare for me).

Just curious, has anyone tried any of their other products. Specifically, the mouthwash and the toothpaste. I'm definately giving the deodorant a try, but was curious about trying their other products as well.

Stephanie Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
There's a deo that you can get in some of the Australian chemists that is supposed to be fantastic for people that have severe sweating problems. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head but I'll look it up for you and will let you know. I have read many posts of girls that swear by it and they reckon it's changed their life (might be a bit OTT but that's what they reckon Smile).

Found it! It's called Driclor. It can also be used on palms and feet. You're supposed to use this at NIGHT every two days and it pretty much stops sweating completely. Whether this is a good thing is another story I guess. One of the common problems that people find with it is itchiness - but this happens after application and does not last long apparently (you sleep through it).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I used Tom's of Maine toothpaste for years. But recently I switched to Doctor Burt's Lavender Mint toothpaste. I just couldn't resist anything that has lavender in it! I love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy Smile Do you know the ingredients? It sounds like it is probably similar to the Drysol I use now Confused And is it available in Canada?
Mabsy

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
Thanks Mabsy Smile Do you know the ingredients? It sounds like it is probably similar to the Drysol I use now Confused And is it available in Canada?

I just googled for it and it seems that it is available in Canada. But it also looks like it's very similar to the Drysol Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke, I would just use the Drysol more. A friend of mine has to use it almost everynight in summer, but it stops it completely. I like this also, but if I use it more than once a week it itches like crazy. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke, check this out http://www.sweatmanagement.ca/en/treatment_options/index.cfm

I used one effective product in Europe of which I forgot the name, it's just like water, but it made me so itchy that I had to stop even it was so effective. I am still searching for another effective deo. I sweat a lot like you although it seemed a tiny little better after I had laser hair removal. A Japanese girlfriend of mine had surgery as soon as she hit puberty (under her mum's order) to have the hair and glands (that give us odor?) removed, so since then she doesn't have hair, or smell and don't sweat much. How handy!

K.
Nickle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
The Tom's of Maine Spearmint toothpaste is wonderful!

Although it used to be that you had to buy this line at the health food store, now you can find these Tom's products (toothpaste, deodorant) at most big box stores (Target, Wal-Mart.)

I have always been meaning to try their aluminum-free deodorants - now I will! Thanks, Rosebud!

5% products discount

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I never realized that so many people used Tom's of Maine deoderant! Funny, I thought I was the only weirdo that used Tom's of Maine.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Tom's of Maine deoderant causes my underarm skin to peel. Very weird. I've tried it a few times over the years with the same results--peeling skin.

Lately, I have been using liquid crystal rock. It is a colorless, odorless liquid that you spray on. I prefer this to the solid rock. It is very thin and runny when I spray it on, but the odor control is nothing short of amazing. I have a huge odor problem and normally reapply deoderant at lunch. No matter how much I scrub the area with soap in the morning, and how much deoderant I lather on, I began to stink come afternoon. The liquid crystal stuff has totally eliminated the odor and was still working after 24 hours. Absolutely amazing stuff. And no harmful chemicals.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Keridwen where can I find this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
My man's skin is supersensitive and he uses Tom's of Maine, I use "Real Purity" (lasts forever, works awsome and smells great) and Dr. H Rose Deo (I run out of it quickly and it's pretty expensive, but smells devine) Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |